workouts in a semi advise??

Options
jwexpress
jwexpress Posts: 5 Member
edited February 2023 in Motivation and Support
Hello I am an over the road truck driver trying to add more exercise into my day that’s not dependent on the outside weather. Looking for advise and tips for workout in the small confines of my truck sleeper. Thanks in advance for any advise. Would also be interested in accountability partners to encourage each other.

Replies

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,480 Member
    Options
    Look on YouTube. Tons of workout stuff on YouTube. Much of it aimed at all sorts of limitations. There are definitely chair yoga routines that you can adapt. You might also search for exercise for folks who are bed ridden. Don’t be surprised if you don’t find something specific for truck drivers.

Also, when possible, don’t discount walking. I’ve been on weight loss message boards a long time. Walking is probably the #1 exercise. Doesn’t get much attention.

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    Try isometric exercises. They take no equipment except maybe a timer, and very little movement. The idea is to tense your muscles against each other.
  • NC_Gardener
    NC_Gardener Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Pilates type of stuff. "Floor work" that's not Pilates is my favorite. I use random moves from old workouts from over the years. But try a few from YouTube with that keyword or something. They're actually pretty fun! Full disclosure: Pilates itself is the least fun, if you ask me 😉
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,478 Member
    Options
    You know, I think you've not gotten a lot of answers because a) many people probably don't know what your sleeper looks like and hence what to recommend b) why weather is a problem c) how fit are you, what are you able to do and d) for how long are you away at a time and e) what is your goal?

I mean if it's not 50C you could probably do calisthenics outside. There are some fantastic progressive workouts for which you don't need any equipment. Running is also a possibility. If your inside space is say 2x1m and you can stand upright without bumping your head you could still do calisthenics inside. Just doing daytrips? Cool, do the workout in the morning before setting out or in the evening before coming back. If you want to use equipment I'd probably think a few kettlebells might be an option, but again you need space, and you need to know how to use them properly as you don't want to get injured. Form is really important here. If we're just talking about a very tiny, tight space then there's probably not a lot you can do, apart from maybe pushups. Also consider whether you want to sweat onto your bed.
  • 0atmeel
    0atmeel Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Ever seen the movie Over The Top?