February 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,973 Member
    Options
    Great run @Tramboman , especially in those conditions. The wind chills me to the bone.

Nice running @Mari33a !

I didn't have to go to work today, so did some paperwork and made some phone calls this morning, waiting for it to warm up outside. I did go out and ran driveway laps at about 2 pm when it was 57F (13.9C), clear, slight breeze. It felt colder than that today, so I wore long leggings and long sleeved shirt.

Today's plan called for speed play of 20 sec fast intervals with 30 - 45 min low intensity. I didn't keep track of the fast run, but just ran the flat part of each lap faster. I thought I had gone 6 laps, but, alas, it was only 5. That's okay. Anyway, I ran/walked 2.25 miles in 30:20 min for an avg pace of 13:29 min/mile. My avg HR was 141 and max 157 bpm. I also walked a mile total for warm up and cool down.

exercise.png
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,973 Member
    Options
    Thanks @shanaber . I do hand quilt the back to the front. It's a production just getting ready to start so I keep putting it off. I just need to commit to getting it done. When I stopped, I was about half way done with the quilting. It's been so long now, it'll take me a bit to figure it out again and then I may have to get some help getting the binding on when I'm done. I'd hate to mess it up at this point. That college job sounds really cool - sewing and getting to keep the products when they came down. I'm so sorry that you aren't going to be able to run this month, but glad to hear that you are still going to follow along here. We would miss you. Hugs.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    @tarun_yadavA yes but think looooong trail run mentality. You're going slow, in fact some climbs you're going slower than a wander round the shops, and you've been going for hours. Pizza sounds like heaven in those circumstances hahaha.
    I've always thought races on F1 and other motor racing tracks sound cool. We used to be quite into F1 before. Races at airports also catch my attention. Never done any of either. Closest was a 5k at the huge marina in the cith where the cruise ships dock. That was great fun, it was at sunset and organised but the National Police force, and they 'chased' us with a helicopter with a spotlight. That makes you run faster!
    @quilteryoyo that quilt is stunning! I used to do a lot of cross stitch in the days before I spent most of my free time running around.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,104 Member
    Options
    Looks like perfect weather. Nice speedy run. Supposed to rain the next few days here but not this morning! Yesterday at lunch I tripped over something and altho I did not fall I banged my instep arch on my other shoe and twisted my knee a little. I am going to start ranking my injuries on a scale I think of 1-10 where 10 is NEED CRUTCHES and DRUGS and HOSPITAL and 1 is WHERE DID THAT BRUISE come from? I rank these at about a 3 and expect to do my @AlphaHowls imitation and ignore them to run today. I did skip tennis yesterday evening and my walk but decided that maybe icing is not always best as our body might NEED the extra blood flow for recovery.

Im a bit behind on posting but I think I will still make my 100 miles for Feb (I think that's my goal) Altho this past ice storm was not as bad as '21 I was still without power from Wed mid afternoon to Sat late. I have ordered a generator and some other things to help mitigate because I realized Austin has just gotten TOO big for the response to individuals to be as quick as it used to be. On the other hand, my insurance USAA is sending me a check for the contents of my refrigerator which were ruined no questions asked.

x3ciajzejkod.png

@SummerSkier ouch 😣 hope knee is okay
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,805 Member
    Options
    A decision tree... hmmm these are pretty decent. In light of those ratings I think mine was a 4 yesterday.. LOL
    10 - Ambulance, hospital, Urgent care....pine box
    9 - Is that a bone sticking out? Can I tell what color I was wearing before the blood?
    8 - Do I know who I am, or what the hello I was doing?
    7 - Searing and Sharp pain, swimmy headed, why are people looking at me weird?
    6 - Sharp pain? Can I walk it out?
    5 - "It's just a flesh wound!" "You can make it"
    4 - I can get up on my own, but holy hot sauce I am going to feel that later!
    3 - Well, crap, I tore my tan (scrape)
    2 - Clothes not torn, just a scratch, scrape
    1 - where did that bruise come from?

@polskagirl01 well crapola on the fatique returning. I hope the light therapy ends up to help! Makes me so sad to see you struggling and just feels like you got an unfair shake out of this. That air is horrific. I would be wearing a respirator I think if I had to go out in it. Stay safe!

Snuck a 4 miler in. I thought the injury to the instep/arch would be more significant based on the puffiness yesterday afternoon but as usually y achilles heal - the knee aches more and the arch is fine. Anyway, 24 hrs in now so I feel like I got a reprieve ... I hate having to wait 24 hrs to see how bad things are anymore...

HAHAHAH! I just thought we need a decision tree!
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    @SummerSkier thanks. Other than the 30 minutes outside at the lake, I stayed inside with my air purifiers. And I actually have a mask designed for smog with a little built in draw fan and filter. You plug it in to recharge like a phone. I didn't use it today though.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    @SummerSkier @ScienceofTeaching Too many injuries here as of late! Hope y’all are on the mend.

@tarun_yadavA I agree with @eleanorhawkins that pizza is the ultimate post race food! I also have it frequently after my long runs. I find that about about 10-12 miles, I really crave pizza afterwards.

@eleanorhawkins You find races with the craziest elevation! Character building sounds like a good way to describe that one. Sorry to hear your daughter’s anxiety is so bad right now. Mental health challenges are so hard, especially with our kids. Mine has had some rough months this last year (though currently is not in a terrible place) and my husband and I have really struggled with how best to help them. It’s so hard. Hugs to you!