74 lbs. DOWN in 6 months!

Options
Mel8579
Mel8579 Posts: 9 Member
edited February 2023 in Success Stories
I'm pretty quiet, but I want to scream my progress right now. 🤯 I use MFP to calculate my calorie goals, track every bite, and exercise 6 days a week. There's no magic diet, pill, or crazy formula involved in these progress pictures. Just dedication to the process. Promise!

I hope this motivates somebody. Keep moving forward. Trust the process.
I'm cheering you all on!!!

Feel free to friend me on MFP if you're curious about my diary. ✌️❤️

eb5w0nai2cch.jpg

[edited by mfp staff]

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,114 Member
    Options
    Woot!
  • BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job!
  • Carriehelene
    Carriehelene Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    You look great, and I LOVE that your smiling in all three pictures!
  • Mel8579
    Options
    Thank you so much! I feel so much better every day than I used to. 🙌
  • MsKay414
    MsKay414 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Wow.. great job! That’s 3 lbs per week! How many calories per day did that take?

Best of luck!
  • crazyhorse8
    crazyhorse8 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Major Changes with your weight loss!! Keep going and striving for the best you!
  • DoneWorking
    DoneWorking Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Happiness! Such a remarkable journey you're on!
  • Buckeyebabe7l7
    Buckeyebabe7l7 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    What an accomplishment! Can't wait till I'm there too. <3
  • sandraws
    sandraws Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    What a great success and you look terrific and happy!
  • nay0m3
    nay0m3 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Phenomenal!!!! Please share more of how you got here and keep going for others to know!!!
  • tjames30
    tjames30 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Amazing, definitely inspiring! I am going to add you now!
  • cravensunshine71
    Options
    Yes!! Good for you! I have a similar goal and hope to lose 70lbs by Sept.
  • TheAngieScott
    TheAngieScott Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Mel8579 wrote: »
    I'm pretty quiet, but I want to scream my progress right now. 🤯 I use MFP to calculate my calorie goals, track every bite, and exercise 6 days a week. There's no magic diet, pill, or crazy formula involved in these progress pictures. Just dedication to the process. Promise!

eb5w0nai2cch.jpg

[edited by mfp staff]

This is such amazing progress! I know we don't know each other, but girrrrrrrl! I am SO proud of you! OMG! You look amazing! Your post has inspired me to start taking photos to document my progress and work out way more. I can't believe you do it 6 days a week! That's commitment! May I ask what kind of workout you were doing? I want so much to make progress like yours! ❤️ Stay the course, queen! You are kicking major tail!
  • Mel8579
    Options
    Mel8579 wrote: »

eb5w0nai2cch.jpg

[edited by mfp staff]

This is such amazing progress! I know we don't know each other, but girrrrrrrl! I am SO proud of you! OMG! You look amazing! Your post has inspired me to start taking photos to document my progress and work out way more. I can't believe you do it 6 days a week! That's commitment! May I ask what kind of workout you were doing? I want so much to make progress like yours! ❤️ Stay the course, queen! You are kicking major tail!

You brought happy tears to my eyes!!! Thank you so much!!! 🥹 I go to the gym before work to make sure my workout happens. Plus, there's a lot less people there at 5:15 a.m. 🙂

Beginning Routine:
    Walking on the treadmill or the elliptical for about 45 min. Monday-Friday and about an hour on Saturday.
    I would constantly try to push myself by raising the elevation or resistance (since I couldn't walk very fast).

Now:
    M, W, F- Spin Class (45 min)
    T, Th, S- About 30-40 min. of strength (still a beginner using mostly machines). I also will either go back to the gym after work for my 30- 40 min. cardio or just walk/jog around my neighborhood.

Cardio now looks like a mixture of spin classes, walk/jog outdoors or on the treadmill, the elliptical, some stair climbing, and the rowing machine. I like to change it up!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,658 Member
    Options
    I was extremely happy to see the adjustment you mentioned in a follow up post in terms of moving forward! Good job so far. Looking forward to future posts!
  • ambgab9948
    ambgab9948 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is awesome - just the post I needed to see. Congrats!
  • Fin_C666
    Fin_C666 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's awesome and truly inspiring.
  • pjohns51
    pjohns51 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are amazing and have done an amazing job getting healthy and happy. I'm 72 and I exercise with weights 2 or 3 times a week. I do a pool aerobics class 2 times a week. I'm not losing weight so obviously I'm not burning enough calories to what I'm putting in. What kind of nutrition did you follow? I know I need to be better recording my food, but are you trying to eat specific types of food and eliminating others? Thank you for your response.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!