cutededoo
cutededoo Posts: 1 Member
🥰hay should i weight the banana with or without the peel
Tagged:

Answers

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,625 Member
    Options
    If I'm at home, I weigh the banana whole, note the weight on a piece of paper, eat the banana, weigh the peel, subtract the peel weight from the total weight, and log that result.

If I'm not at home, or take the banana from home to eat elsewhere, I guess at the weight, or weigh the banana I'm taking from home and guess how much to subtract.

Plenty close enough IMO, unless you eat huge numbers of bananas.
  • joandumas42
    joandumas42 Posts: 32 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    when logging your food, enter "peeled banana" in the Add Food feature. Weigh your peeled banana and enter it.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Depends on if you plan on eating the peel. :)
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,631 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    If I'm at home, I weigh the banana whole, note the weight on a piece of paper, eat the banana, weigh the peel, subtract the peel weight from the total weight, and log that result.

If I'm not at home, or take the banana from home to eat elsewhere, I guess at the weight, or weigh the banana I'm taking from home and guess how much to subtract.

Plenty close enough IMO, unless you eat huge numbers of bananas.

Soooooo many steps when eating at home. :)

I eat one every night and my scale stays on the counter with a napkin on top so I basically peel, turn scale on, weigh, eat while logging weight in mfp, think mmmmmm. :)

But, yeah, op. You can do it either way. :)
  • _Bettino1966_
    _Bettino1966_ Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can also weight the banana at home. Take this weight, divide it by 3 and multiple it by 2. You can find its net weight approx.