I’m not a big breakfast eater so I’m looking for snack like foods

Options
I’m not a big breakfast eater but I do get hungry before lunch, are there any high protein low carb snacks or snack like recipes you all like to eat?
Tagged:

Replies

• kayfager
    kayfager Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, string cheese
  • nay0m3
    nay0m3 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I have been eating a piece of toast, a Veggies Made Great vegetable/egg thing (in frozen foods section) and some carrots and humus and half a scoop of protein powder in almond milk!
  • Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I generally slice up fruit or berries and have some yogurt and I eat a package of metamucil biscuits for extra fiber as some carby thing (although berries fruits are carbs on an empty stomach they can leave me queasy without the protein and biscuit). I don’t necessarily eat all this at once. I nibble with tea over the course of a couple of cups of green tea slowly as I am doing my morning routine/reading/prepping classes etc.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,347 Member
    Options
    I don't eat "breakfast" that early. I haven't eaten mine yet, but it's waiting for whenever I want it. More days than not lately, my breakfast is plain yogurt, rolled oats, and some other ingredient. Sometimes it's a chopped apple. Sometimes it's cacao nibs. Today it's raisins.

I made a bigger bowl today to use up a tub of yogurt, so it was a full serving of yogurt (170 grams) and oats (50 grams). It's 16 grams of protein if I include the one gram from the raisins. Of course it's also over 400 calories, but that's OK since I won't eat again until late afternoon, and I'm probably going for a little hike.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about carbs, so this might not be a solution for you, but I have a frozen Kodiak waffle with peanut butter most mornings that I work at home. It's quick, easy, and it's food, but not too much and with minimal preparation.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I normally don't eat breakfast myself, but since I've started working out before work I need something to tide me over until lunch. I find throwing a Yoplait yogurt cup into my lunchbox is just enough for me, plus I'm sure the microbes are helping digestion.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,436 Member
    Options
    My quick on the go breakfast is a serving of peanut butter on Ezekiel pita, with a side of kefir (usually plain/nonfat, but lowfat/fruity is fine).

It's more of a snack than breakfast in my world, but maybe also plain Greek yogurt, mix in chocolate peanut butter powder, then mix with frozen mixed berries.

If you're willing to prep, maybe look at recipes for overnight oats, egg muffins, protein muffins of other sorts, muffin pan frittatas/crustless mini-quiche, breakfast burritos. Any of these can be big-batch-prepped for not a bunch of effort, staged in the freezer, microwaved when you want them.