Replies

• claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Protein shake or bar 🤷‍♂️
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,900 Member
    Options
    I just had 4 oz each cottage cheese and fruit cup.

I also like protein bars.

Requiring a few minutes more work - 6" tortilla wrap with chicken, lettuce, refried beans, sour cream, and possibly cheese if I have the calories for that.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    There isn't just one. Some are:

Lowfat cottage cheese
    Reduced fat other cheese (string cheese, lite Jarlberg, light Babybel)
    Hard boiled eggs
    Plain Greek yogurt mixed with chocolate peanut butter powder, then mixed into frozen mixed berries
    Dry-roasted soybeans/edamame (same thing, different name)

I don't love protein powder or bars, but nothing wrong with those if you find them tasty/satisfying.
  • soulo_ridah
    soulo_ridah Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    cheesecake, donuts, waffles, muffins etc. Batch cook and always have on hand. IN the car always a protein bar or 10.
  • FieldHockeyGirl18
    FieldHockeyGirl18 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    cheesecake, donuts, waffles, muffins etc. Batch cook and always have on hand. IN the car always a protein bar or 10.

Where’s the magic protein donut shop?!
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese. My personal preference is with cherry tomatoes or with pepitas and dill.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    All my snacks are fats and carbs: Fruit and/or nuts. I get my protein at meals.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options

Where’s the magic protein donut shop?!

Take a look at some of the mixes. Kodiak is one widely available brand. There are plenty of DIY recipes online, too, generally with protein powder as a key ingredient. Baked goods can be a pleasant way to get protein powder in, if one enjoys that sort of thing. (I'm not a fan of either protein powder or donuts - just personal taste. I do make Kodiak pancakes now and then, and they do have a muffin mix, too.)

I've even seen commercial brands of protein donuts, but haven't really paid much attention to them.

Some of these bring some calories along for the ride, but there are low-cal recipes out there for these things, too. I think @soulo_ridah has a pretty useful idea there, given how easy these things are to make and freeze, plus most people do seem to like baked goods and donuts.