Replies

• pennysob
    pennysob Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Beautiful Pictures!!
  • nay0m3
    nay0m3 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I love this thread so much!!! Thank you for sharing your hiking photos! I am also an avid hiker!
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Last weekend:

stivzj9uwuih.jpg
    k058x8kdxsqa.jpg
    xvlngp02eohe.jpg
    3e4old1u2quq.jpg
  • putotherpeoplefirst
    Options
    What fabulous photos! I especially love the photo of Blondie the dog! She is super gorgeous!
  • TamiVsTheTrail
    TamiVsTheTrail Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    @SuzanneC1l9zz Great pictures! What a great place to unclear your mind. I love including nature in my workouts, it does so much for both mind and body. ❤️
  • celestialsecrets7232
    celestialsecrets7232 Posts: 10 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Please, be careful. So many hikers have "disappeared" Shouldn't hike alone. People don't realize how very dangerous the wilderness is. If you don't believe me, search on youtube videos about all of the hikers who have gone missing..all of them went hiking alone in national parks and even close to their homes. Without a trace. (I myself think some of them are human trafficking)
  • VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    This makes me so happy for you!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    @celestialsecrets7232 : Life is full of risks and every individual has to decide which ones to take or not. When I wake up at the crack of dawn to drive up to the White mountains to hike, I ponder which is more dangerous: the drive or the hiking? It's hard to say.

Looking at a couple of web pages, the White Mountains get millions of visitors every year and out of that they have ~200 rescues per year and a handful of deaths (almost all on Mount Washington in the winter). The crime rates on the trails seems to be near zero. Car break-ins are very rare. Now that I look all that up, I feel even better about it! Yay hiking!
  • jenny_ormson1
    jenny_ormson1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think I would be too scared to hike alone... are there any tips for going it alone?
  • geodrone
    geodrone Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Gosh, it must be very difficult for you to go hiking in such a hideous urban setting! ;) Pacific Northwst, I'm guessing? Anywhere near the Hoh Rainforest on the peninsula? Wow. I'm so envious!
  • Bentforkx
    Bentforkx Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hike 34/150 was a short one but one of my favourite icy places.
    I'm really start feeling the changes in my body. Not just the 25 pounds I've lost but my agility, my mood, my mind. I'm down one size that feels great!
    uo1gi5qtnq0a.jpg
    cqhibncc854l.jpg

May I ask where this is??
    It looks so familiar (except without ice....)
    I'm on Van Isle....
  • TamiVsTheTrail
    TamiVsTheTrail Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    @geodrone close, but more north. I'm up in Canada on the west coast.
    @Bentforkx closer! I'm on the mainland, about an hour east of Vancouver.
  • Sandie2102
    Sandie2102 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Love this group. So happy that I stumbled upon it. I'm so lucky to be located in the Niagara Region, so I have lots of hiking access...the Bruce Trail, a million conservation areas and literally hundreds of waterfalls (other that that over famous over achiever). I vowed to get back out to the trails this year. I had stopped because of the red-alerts with the Ticks, but found some good tick spray and I'm tired of waiting for them to die off...I want my trails back (and the amazing glutes that come from hiking up and down the Escarpment trails). I'll post pics as I get back out there!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!