February 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Can I connect with any of you regulars on Garmin Connect? I am motivated seeing all of my 'connections' out doing their runs.

I am not seeing the Garmin "connection request" links. But here is one of my recent activities.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/10511233188
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    Ah, I found the GC "connection request" link.

Hi! Join me on the Garmin Connect app. You can track your health and fitness data, and we can follow each other’s activities. Click to join: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/chris_in_cal

• chris_in_cal
    edited February 2023
    Options
    I finished week three of this 16 week 5K training plan.

In March 2020 (peak covid reactivity) I developed a stress fracture in my right tibia. Being fit I thought: work from home? I am going to run five miles every day for lunch. I jumped right into those increased miles and about three weeks later I had to quit running.

My recovery plan was simple, sit, and eat until 2023.

After about a year I told my doctor this (on a zoom appointment) The doctor prescribed an X-ray, which showed thickening at the site of the initial pain. The doctor said "yes, you had a stress fracture last year that has healed up.)

This stress fracture was my first major running injury. I think about this as I've decided to start running again. Anyone else deal with a stress fracture?
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,805 Member
    Options
    Oh that photo of Hobbes is magnificent! Thank you so much for sharing. ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,980 Member
    Options
    February Goal: 90 Miles

2/3: 5.27 miles
    2/4: 5.26 miles
    2/5: 13.15 miles
    2/6: 5.02 miles
    2/9: 5.52 miles
    2/10: 6.02 miles
    2/12: 10.10 miles
    2/13: 5.51 miles
    2/15: 6.02 miles
    2/16: 5.12 miles
    2/19: 10.26 miles

77.25/90 miles completed for February

I ran 10 miles this morning. The temperature was ok, but it was windy and cloudy. I wore shorts and a t-shirt with sleeves for the first 2.5 miles. It was an uneventful run, but it is always nice to get a long run on Sunday.

exercise.png
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    @shanaber Deserts are so beautiful! I love it when you can find flowers blooming in a desert, like these little unexpected pops of color.

@tarun_yadavA It's hard for me to even wrap my mind around eating that much every day! I hit 2500ish maybe one day a week, even at the height of marathon training. Obviously I'm just a smaller person than you are, both in height and weight, but thinking about eating that much every day is tiring! :D

@chris_in_cal I have never had a stress fracture. I feel like I should knock on wood or something. The only running injury I have ever had was my recent Achilles tendinitis. Overall, I've been really fortunate so far.
  • martaindale
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Can I connect with any of you regulars on Garmin Connect? I am motivated seeing all of my 'connections' out doing their runs.

Found you. Feel free to add me too.
    I use a garmin but have it automatically synced with strava, which is what I really use to track. Aside from my husband, you will be my first connection on garmin!
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,104 Member
    Options
    @tarun_yadavA It's hard for me to even wrap my mind around eating that much every day! I hit 2500ish maybe one day a week, even at the height of marathon training. Obviously I'm just a smaller person than you are, both in height and weight, but thinking about eating that much every day is tiring! :D

@martaindale hey Sarah!
    Ha! One of these and you're on your way! Lol
    fbnu4jmdjnf9.png

alt3ok948fc0.png

• chris_in_cal
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Great,
    I use a garmin but have it automatically synced with strava, which is what I really use to track.

Yeah, that has always been a thing with other bicyclists I know. I haven't gone down the Strava rabbit hole (yet). :)
  • martaindale
    Options
    @martaindale hey Sarah!
    Ha! One of these and you're on your way! Lol
    Yep, that definitely would help get you there. Never had one of those. I love a snickers bar though, so they're probably delicious!
  • martaindale
    Options
    @shanaber The Great American Trail would be so cool! Thanks for the link. I didn't know that existed. My parents had a rail to trail near their old house that I would use to run when I visited for the holidays. It was neat. Trees all around, flat, maintained.