60 yrs and up

Options

Replies

• sandramarshall200
    sandramarshall200 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. I will come back to these tips time after time. Think I may have made myself sound more slapdash than I am. I do weigh and log, honest! Photo for when out is an excellent idea.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    xvx5585rb8 wrote: »
    Hello all. I used to be on a lot,but life & my health took over. Doing better now. Nice to meet everyone. Tleona

Welcome Tieona! Your first post for us!
  • trekkie123
    trekkie123 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Tieona!
  • Pdc654
    Pdc654 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Welcome Tieona!
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    trekkie123 wrote: »
    @Kmcintash1988
    I am a salty crunch person and sometimes I just gotta crunch. I found a company called schoolyard snacks, and yes unfortunately they are pricey. For me I found it’s worth the few extra bucks then to eat everything in sight and still not be satisfied. One bag is 110 or 120 calories and they are keto as well. If you are like me you might want to give it a try. It’s like Loreal….. and yes I’m worth it😉 My guess is you are too!

I like salty crunch too and find that rice crackers do the trick. I'll spread some on a plate, sprinkle cheese on top, and heat it up for a 200 calorie nacho-type snack. I really like them to scoop my tuna, chicken, or egg salad. You know how there are things that you just always have on hand? Rice crackers are one of those things for me. 14 crackers = 120 calories.
  • bethe
    bethe Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Argggh, time to get back at it. I fell off the food tracking and exercise wagon before xmas, and (of course) gained back most of the weight i'd lost. I'm one of those 'skinny-fat' people - my arms and legs are toothpicks, with all excess weight ending up around my torso. Makes me look like a toad, and I don't like it!
  • bethe
    bethe Posts: 79 Member
    Options

Just a few ideas (embedded in my usual ridiculously long essay 😬).

[/quote]

AnnPT77 - I'm glad you write these, because i find them inspiring. Thank you!

Bethe

• SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    @AnnPT77 I love physical therapy too! Shattered a knee cap into many tiny pieces a few years ago and was surgically repaired with screws (which I can feel, and dont ever kneel on). They didn't think it would heal well enough and that I might need a brace the rest of my life. With excellent PT my knee fully recovered and the angle of bend is just as good as a non injured knee. I took my PT seriously, did the exercises they recommended to do at home in between appointments, and I healed great! I did a 5K at 5 months post surgery. PT feels so good! I think I am getting a rotator cuff issue, so your experience is encouraging, I may quit procrastinating and go have it looked at. I notice that if I don't exercise, my knee aches and bothers me, but if I keep up regular exercise it is just fine. I guess a plus of "use it or lose it"! :)
  • trekkie123
    trekkie123 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Spectacular!!!
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    @SbetaK Great pic! Haven’t seen Northern Lights since moving to the L-48. Thanks for posting!
  • marci320
    marci320 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Marci, and I'll be 66 in a few weeks. I've enjoyed reading your posts and I love this picture above of the snow and the cute dogs and also the gorgeous Northern Lights! My goal is not really weight related but more getting my health back. I have asthma and allergies and got Covid late last year. It really kicked my butt and I am still somewhat recovering and haven't been able to do too much. I've been on here tracking my food since last Saturday and I'm finding it somewhat challenging to keep the carbs and fat numbers down. If I adjust the foods I'm eating to get the carbs and fats down, then I'm not eating enough calories for the day. I've done a little research on eating foods with less carbs and fats but still can't seem to figure it out. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I'm also curious as to how to add the steps from my Fitbit to my food diary. I've connected My Fitness Pal to my Fitbit but is still isn't working. I want some credit for exercise since I can't do much other than walk a little right now. Thanks so much!
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    @marci320 Welcome!

Is there a particular reason why you feel the need to keep your carbs and fats low? I'm just interested (in a totally non-judgemental way) because many people find that the macro breakdown that MFP suggests works well for them. Personally, I feel better if my carbs are a bit lower than the suggested amount, but that's just me. Do you have weight to lose? Or are you just interested in tracking what you eat?

With regards to Fitbit...I can't honestly say what worked for me because I remember quite a bit of going back and forth. It seems to me that I saw more success by doing it via myfitnesspal.com on my lap top instead of the app on my phone. But make sure that your phone's Bluetooth is on. Also, you have to give Fitbit permission to share your data with MFP, not just connect MFP to Fitbit. So go into your Fitbit app and make sure that that's been done. Sorry.....I'm not being very helpful. I'm sure there's someone else on here who can give you step by step instructions that make more sense.