Saxenda

Options
Has anyone had any success with saxenda? I've been on it now since October 27th and I've gone from 275 to 257 today. I don't know if it's because it's given me new drive to lose weight again and it's all in my head or if this drug really helps. Either way it's helped me. Comments anyone?
Tagged:

Replies

• Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    If it is working for you and you feel renewed motivation to focus on your health then don’t question why and channel the energy into losing weight in an appropriate and safe and maintainable way. Use the energy and enthusiasm to weigh and track your calorie expenditures and intake so that you can keep track of effects. Even with saxenda or other assistance your initial rapid weight loss is likely to slow down, so don’t be discouraged or think that the plan is no longer working - it is just the normal course of weightloss. I don’t have an opinion one way or the other about weight loss drugs, but the only way you can access them is through your dr writing a prescription, and most people can only afford them when their insurer agrees they are medically needed, so try to tune out the people who are not your dr and rely on the advice of your actual physician. The comments you get here are not likely to help with your personal medical assessment. That is for you and your dr to decide.
  • joe3302013
    joe3302013 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thankfully my insurance will continue to cover it as long as I lose weight every time I go in to the Dr office for a weigh in
  • songbird13291
    songbird13291 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I’ve been in Saxenda since April and I’ve lost 60 pounds. It’s definitely the drug. I don’t feel hungry and I literally cannot overeat without making myself feel sick.
  • moodymoron
    moodymoron Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started Saxenda in January and hope next year I can,say the same!! I agree with the no hunger. I have to remember to eat with no tummy growls to remind me.

Did you do any vitamin supplements? I am thinking of B12, C and D. I currently am not able to work/walk but hoping by summer it will change.

The only think I do dislike with Saxenda is the Belching. No burps but Belching. But I am,passed the other side effects it seems so this one is not too bad.