Weight loss experiment with possibly unrealistic expectations lol

Options

Replies

• tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,738 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Lol, 24 lbs in 4.5 weeks? Maybe 10 max. If you were morbidly obese and starved yourself then maybe 15
  • Dan__Cote
    Dan__Cote Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'll quote you later when I do it.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,432 Member
    Options
    Dan__Cote wrote: »

Can you? Maybe, dunno. Should you? Different question. Your call, though.
  • tomcustombuilder
    Options
    Dan__Cote wrote: »
    you won’t so save yourself the misery of trying. Trying *kitten* like that is not the least bit impressive.

• Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    @Dan__Cote Why do you want to do this to yourself. Do you want your skin to hang like a sharpei dog. The skin only has so much elasticity. When it's gone, it's gone. After every round of dieting, the ground grows colder. The skin doesn't bounce back as fast. Every crash diet eventually impacts/ruins your skin and hair. If you want to look good in the mirror, don't do it.

The inches have to catch up with the pounds. That takes time. Crash diets deprive your body of essential nutrients and everything else.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,725 Member
    Options
    Just my immediate thought, besides not healthy, sustainable or smart is your heart and cardiovascular system.
    This is probably not good for you long term. Unless you are an extreme athlete or body builder ( which btw is not about health and longevity) maybe think in terms of being healthy about weight loss.
  • tomcustombuilder
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Are gallbladder removal surgeries a "thing" where you live @Dan__Cote? I mean it's not the worst surgery to end up needing... but it is STILL a surgery, and you seem to be so eager to maximize your chances of needing one! :astonished:
    Post of the year

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,022 Member
    Options
    And come on guys! 1600 calories a day isn't THAT bad. I mean, it sucks, but it's not horrible. I will keep everyone posted as time goes on. Does anyone want to see what my diet consists of?

1600 NET is possibly appropriate and realistic.

Your projected weight loss rate is not realistic and trying to prove everyone wrong by some sort of fantastic torture regime is very silly.

Myself , not interested in what others diets consist of - but people can look if your diary is public.
  • Dan__Cote
    Options
    Still going strong. Did a mini-fast today. 2:30 pm rolled around and I got a little hungry. Had some collagen and daily greens and that lasted me until dinner. My ghrelin has mellowed out substantially. Starting fasting cardio in the morning and will be increasing calories by 100. I feel good (no saggy skin). Energy levels and moral are high. Still pushing forward. Thank you all for your words of encouragement. Your constructive criticisms are priceless.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,022 Member
    Options
    Of course no saggy skin yet - you have been doing this less than 2 weeks.

have a look in the success stories forum - I doubt any of the long termers did any extreme sprint methods

• threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Ignore the naysayers OP. You might be able to do it. Okay, the chances are really low, maybe 1 in 100 or less but if you have willpower, no injuries, no paying job to take away your exercise time you could theoretically achieve that.
  • Dan__Cote
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Dudes and Dudettes,

This is a short term experiment. 1600 calories isn't too low. My energy levels are great. Not starving, just a little hungry at times. My macros, vitamins/minerals, photonutrients, fiber (no constipation here), and water consumption are on point.

Has anyone checked out the Bowflex diet before? I have. I've done it. There's is a bit extreme, but it does work (you'll lose muscle in the process. Guaranteed). Men start with 1500 calories and gradually work down to 1200!!! Talk about not sustainable and being hungry. My current diet isn't as bad as what I've went through in the past. I strategically bulk, maintain, and cut based on how I feel. I've been doing this for 24 years now. Experimenting, researching, listening to gym rats, magazines, online forums.

The yo-yo effect has never been an issue for me. When this experiment is over I will increase calories by 200 a day for the 1st week, reassess, another 100-200 the 2nd week, reassess, and so on until I reach maintenance.
  • Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I think I am missing the point of this exercise - especially if you say you have been doing this for 24 years? What is your desired outcome long term?
  • drv123
    drv123 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    lol your attitude towards this is awesome. Good luck! Looking forward to following along, hope you keep this thread updated as you go.
  • Dan__Cote
    Options
    I think I am missing the point of this exercise - especially if you say you have been doing this for 24 years? What is your desired outcome long term?

Finally. Something constructive. Thank you!

Honestly, at this point in my life I think I'm as big as I want to be. Recent blood work has me worried and I need to lower my triglycerides, raise my available testosterone (the leaner you are, the more that is available to use) dramatically lower my LDL and dramatically raise my HDL. Even though my cholesterol is 201, my HDL is less than 19 and my LDL is the rest. Horrible.
    Overall, I want to be healthier and look good naked for the rest of my life.
  • Dan__Cote
    Options
    Totally forgot to mention this. As of this morning. I'm down to 200.8lbs