Round 3, Fit-n-Trim to Win (closed group)

Options

Replies

• faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Argh! lol... oh well.
    Not surprising you're the biggest threat :laugh:
  • losemybabyweight
    losemybabyweight Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Argh! lol... oh well.
    Not surprising you're the biggest threat :laugh:

Erin, the fact that you're so good at this probably means even with the disadvantage you'll be great!

Have a good day everyone! oh - sweet potato chili recipe coming soon!
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I went to a fair yesterday and while I did have quite the array of veggies......they were kinda sorta deep fried :blushing:

Today will be much better though! :bigsmile:
    We're leaving tomorrow morning for MD so we have to clean out our fridge.....and there's lots of veggies in there. So, I'll have some combination throughout the day of cucumbers, carrots, celery, peppers, onions and tomatoes - probably a salad for lunch (if my lettuce is still good) and fajitas for dinner.
    Already had a kiwi for breakfast, planning on a banana in my protein shake after my workout, an apple for a snack later and maybe some fresh pineapple or strawberries too.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Wow way to get your F/V Sara!!!

Anne I can't wait for that recipe oh my yum!

Still haven't figured out my F/V for the day. But GOTTA get some exercise in there- I'm meeting a g/f for dinner and she chose BW3's... uggghh love the food but it's not the healthiest. Gonna have to try and grilled chicken salad or something... but man they're burgers rock lol.

Olivia's off with my parents today thru Monday, SAY WHA!? Awesome, so tonight I'm packing up my many "trinkets", tomorrow I'm riding my bike to the farmer's market- dog for a walk, hubs works OT 3-11, so I'll have to figure something else out! Sunday I'll have to get in another good workout- hubs, my 2 bros (one just had his 21st bday) and I are gonna hit the bar for the game.. Looks like I'll be going back and forth from drink to water!!! and no bar snacks!! Since it's a 3:15 game I think we're gonna grill out before hand... as long as it doesn't rain too much!!!

Happy Friday Teams!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Jessica, when I go to BWW, I get the blackened chicken salad with red wine, of course...it's super yummy
  • EvaiTryst
    EvaiTryst Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    *sigh* I love you guys. :happy:

Tough weekend to do it in.... Going to have to bust my butt monday and tuesday.

YOU WILL NOT DEFEAT ME!!!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! :devil:

Alright back to work....
  • mamaturner
    Options
    Oooooh thank you Kim!! I may just have to do the same, sept with white wine. I swear 1 glass of red and I have the inner lip stick uggghh hate it! lol

Erin I know you'll do great!
  • losemybabyweight
    Options
    I went to a fair yesterday and while I did have quite the array of veggies......they were kinda sorta deep fried :blushing:

Today will be much better though! :bigsmile:
    We're leaving tomorrow morning for MD so we have to clean out our fridge.....and there's lots of veggies in there. So, I'll have some combination throughout the day of cucumbers, carrots, celery, peppers, onions and tomatoes - probably a salad for lunch (if my lettuce is still good) and fajitas for dinner.
    Already had a kiwi for breakfast, planning on a banana in my protein shake after my workout, an apple for a snack later and maybe some fresh pineapple or strawberries too.

I so CRAVE fried mushrooms! I also partake in Tempura whenever we go to Thai, so what if its fried veggies, the name is fancy so it must be good for you!
  • losemybabyweight
    Options
    Wow way to get your F/V Sara!!!

Anne I can't wait for that recipe oh my yum!

Still haven't figured out my F/V for the day. But GOTTA get some exercise in there- I'm meeting a g/f for dinner and she chose BW3's... uggghh love the food but it's not the healthiest. Gonna have to try and grilled chicken salad or something... but man they're burgers rock lol.

Olivia's off with my parents today thru Monday, SAY WHA!? Awesome, so tonight I'm packing up my many "trinkets", tomorrow I'm riding my bike to the farmer's market- dog for a walk, hubs works OT 3-11, so I'll have to figure something else out! Sunday I'll have to get in another good workout- hubs, my 2 bros (one just had his 21st bday) and I are gonna hit the bar for the game.. Looks like I'll be going back and forth from drink to water!!! and no bar snacks!! Since it's a 3:15 game I think we're gonna grill out before hand... as long as it doesn't rain too much!!!

Happy Friday Teams!

You keep yourself pretty busy when kids aren't around, huh? Sounds like a great weekend! Enjoy :)
  • mamaturner
    Options
    haha I have to- it doesn't happen often so you gotta cram a lot in!!!
  • healthymomwannabe
    healthymomwannabe Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Have a good day everyone! oh - sweet potato chili recipe coming soon!

Ooh, I can't WAIT to jot this one down! Looking forward to it!
  • losemybabyweight
    Options
    Okay, so this recipe is a ton of prep, I don't make it very often but when I do I double it and freeze some! Enjoy!

****Sweet Potato Chili WITH PEANUTS*****

2 Tbsp. canola oil
    1 medium onion, chopped
    2 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
    1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
    1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
    2 to 4 garlic cloves, minced, to taste
    1 1/2 to 2 pounds orange-flesh sweet potatoes,
    peeled and cut into bite-sized chunks (about 4 cups)
    1 1/2 cups unsalted roasted peanuts
    1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes in juice
    1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
    2 cans (4 ounces each) diced mild
    green chili peppers with liquid
    4 to 6 Tbsp. of chili powder, or to taste
    1 Tbsp. ground cumin, or to taste
    1 Tbsp. sugar
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

In a large, heavy pot, heat the canola oil over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots and bell peppers, and sauté, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes, until onions are golden. Add the garlic and sauté, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds. Stir in the sweet potatoes, peanuts, canned tomatoes, tomato paste, canned chili peppers, chili powder, cumin and sugar.

Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 25 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are just tender. Halfway through the cooking process, adjust the seasonings, adding more chili powder and cumin if you want. Season with salt and pepper.

Makes 10 servings: Per serving: 385 calories, 15 g. total fat (2 g. saturated fat), 55 g. carbohydrates, 11 g. protein, 8 g. dietary fiber, 409 mg. sodium.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    I'm with you girls, I LOVE deep fried mushrooms! Jessica, way to keep busy but remember to get some rest too. I always kick myself after not having my kids around cause I never take advantage of the quiet... It's always go go go just like you said.
  • mamaturner
    Options
    Well in all honestly- tomorrow will be very relaxing- there's not a lot I can really pack, we still have a month here.. and the hubs will be at work. Getting some of my fav candles today- and I'm thinking bubble bath, wine and some good music :love: :drinker:

My farmer's market trip should take care of the wine.

Anne that sounds so yummy! It's so soup season. I just made roasted carrot and cauliflower soup with a bit of cream and Italian Sausage crumbles.. *droool*
  • losemybabyweight
    Options

I just made roasted carrot and cauliflower soup with a bit of cream and Italian Sausage crumbles.. *droool*

I think I might have to get tat recipe!! yummy! Oh - noticed your signature for being smoke free, congrats!!!!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    The carrot and cauliflower soup sounds yummy, you will def have to post that one.

My f/v intake was horrrrrrible yesterday: 1/2 piece of banana bread, 1/4 of caramel apple...the day went like that...ingested swill from the cafeteria last night and horribly regretted not bringing something from home - or - ordering some delivery.

Here's hoping today will be much better!!!

spinach, strawberries, pear, fresh pom and lime juice...I will have to figure out the rest as I have just gotten up for the day

Peace :flowerforyou:
  • mamaturner
    Options
    Totally- it was super easy! and Thank you!! I think I may have extra big birthday celebration this January, it'll be 2 years! :drinker: Still trying to get the damned hubs to quit.

Just got back from the farmer's market LOOOOOOVE! Best part of moving to TX- it'll be year round!!!! :drinker: Spent $35 - I got organic parsnip and sweet potatoes, cherry tomatoes, bell pepper, jalepenos (I'm making chili for the game tom!) grass fed beef, free range eggs, organic garlic (2 diff kinds, love that stand they have like 15 diff kinds of my fav aromatic!), spaghetti squash, fresh baked bread, homegrown gala apples, giant green onions, HUUUGE eggplant, criminis... my oh my... This girls a happy happy girl!!:love: Gotta get my beans and V8 for my chili and a few other things, think I'm gona make lasagna half noodles half eggplant.

Then come home- wake up the hubs and go up to Parnell Tower (beautiful this time of year) http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl tons of trails and an observation tower that you can see out for miles. Hubs and I have been going since 05 when we met, always around his bday (he turns 30 this thursday!) Take the dog for a walk some time today, and my bro wants to take me out. Happy weekend for me, hope yalls is just as good doing what you love!!!
  • Naomi113
    Naomi113 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Totally- it was super easy! and Thank you!! I think I may have extra big birthday celebration this January, it'll be 2 years! :drinker: Still trying to get the damned hubs to quit.

Just got back from the farmer's market LOOOOOOVE! Best part of moving to TX- it'll be year round!!!! :drinker: Spent $35 - I got organic parsnip and sweet potatoes, cherry tomatoes, bell pepper, jalepenos (I'm making chili for the game tom!) grass fed beef, free range eggs, organic garlic (2 diff kinds, love that stand they have like 15 diff kinds of my fav aromatic!), spaghetti squash, fresh baked bread, homegrown gala apples, giant green onions, HUUUGE eggplant, criminis... my oh my... This girls a happy happy girl!!:love: Gotta get my beans and V8 for my chili and a few other things, think I'm gona make lasagna half noodles half eggplant.

Then come home- wake up the hubs and go up to Parnell Tower (beautiful this time of year) http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl tons of trails and an observation tower that you can see out for miles. Hubs and I have been going since 05 when we met, always around his bday (he turns 30 this thursday!) Take the dog for a walk some time today, and my bro wants to take me out. Happy weekend for me, hope yalls is just as good doing what you love!!!

wow that's a lot wish our markets were like that.. We get it cheaper then in the stores but don't think you could get that much for only $35 .. Nice job.. Love the markets ...
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Jessica, where in Texas are you? I lived in Houston for 3 years and I loved the farmer's markets!! (And that was about all I loved, hence me moving back to Colorado.) :laugh:

We've had a serious bumper crop of jalapeno peppers this year, so I food processed a bunch of them so they were diced and froze them in cubes. That way I can just take a cube out this winter to add to eggs, chili, etc.

Today's fruits and veggies were crap.

I had chips and salsa for breakfast...so that counts, right? I roasted some beets for dinner with some corn...although corn isn't a veg, I'm counting it. I have some raspberries that I need to eat before they go bad, so I might have some of those and maybe a wee tomato from the garden.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    I forgot to post my fruits and veggies yesterday... I had carrots, raisins (yogurt covered though), blackberries, and probably 2 or 3 servings of steamed cauliflour.

Today I have had raisins, dried cranberries, frozen blueberries, and corn.

I REALLY need to go shopping, my options are super limited!

So jealous Jessica about your farmers market trip. Our is crazy expensive too Naomi!