Women 200lb+, Let's Make March Meaningful!!!

Replies

• CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited March 2023
    Good morning everyone!

176.4 today, but it's not fat, I'm very sore from my workout Saturday. I do need to buckle down still, though.

Today is busy- work and errands and the gym. Chair conditioning, chair choreo, and then a chair tricks class, going to be at the gym super late.

I'm going to try my protein powder by itself with water as a snack, probably going to be awful, we'll see. I might have to snatch one of Whatsisface's Dr. Pepper zero sugars this morning, I'm so tired and need extra caffeine.

Tag party time!
    @swimmom_1 as usual, amazing workouts. And give yourself a little slack about carbs, they're hard to avoid. Maybe it's time for a change in strategy?

@BarbMessimer if you just type @ and then the name of the person, you notify them that you mentioned them in a post, which is as close to a reply function as we get, haha.

@mling84 if it helps you, I am over my calorie goal most weekends. And it slows my progress, but as long as I keep it within bounds, it doesn't stop my progress. For me, the important number is my maintenance calories number. As long as I'm not over the maintenance calories number, I know on any given day that I haven't eaten enough to gain weight.

But even if I did go over the number by a little bit, that doesn't mean that I'm going to gain weight, provided my deficit for the rest of the week was big enough to cancel out how much over maintenance calories I went. Here's a good infographic.
    gro0o572ncmb.png
    a word of caution about this- if you go over on the weekends and didn't mean to, better just to get back on the normal plan rather than try to compensate the next day with lower calories. If you try to compensate, you'll just be super hungry and start a binge-restrict-binge-restrict cycle in my experience. But if you want to make calorie cycling a thing, it's something I do- keep my week calories lower so I can have more on Friday-Saturday-Sunday. Thinking of weekly average calories rather than the day-to-day.

You're doing good, thinking about all this.

@coffeeandtruecrime I love your handle! Have I seen you around here before?

I love the one-bag life, and try to live it whenever possible. It's gotten much harder with kids, but soon I'll be shipping up to Boston for Spring Break with Whatsisface, and I intend to one-bag for that trip.

Have a great day, everyone!
  • kelliward1
    kelliward1 Posts: 99 Member
    Good morning everyone...or afternoon....depending where you are...

It was my daughter's birthday this weekend (she turned 19) and she had requested a red velvet cake made from scratch. I tried, but the layers ended up sticking to the pans....so I was able to get one out and ice it. The other layer was in too many pieces to do anything with. Guess I should of put thr parchment paper in the pans like the recipe suggested, thought spraying the pan would of been enough.
    Since it was my daughter's birthday our martial arts instructor thought we should make our class extra hard workout day. Started the class out with 100 each of jumping Jack's, push ups and crunches. I was able to do them...but did low impact jumping Jack's due to my knees and "girl" push ups due to my back. Then 75 minutes of sweating afterwards. Yesterday I took the day off from working out and didn't even track my food. Just a lazy day at home. I weighed in this morning ,losing a little of the weight I had gained back last week. Hoping to get back to under 250 this week.

I do protein smoothies with the portein powder, usually use unsweetened almond milk and fruit to mix in. Also add in chai seeds and milled flax seed to help make them more filling and the extra health benefits they have. This morning I made a chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie. One of my favorite smoothies.

Kelli

SW: 284.2 (3/2022)
    CW: 250.4
    GW: 150

• coffeeandtruecrime
    coffeeandtruecrime Posts: 20 Member
    @coffeeandtruecrime I love your handle! Have I seen you around here before?

I love the one-bag life, and try to live it whenever possible. It's gotten much harder with kids, but soon I'll be shipping up to Boston for Spring Break with Whatsisface, and I intend to one-bag for that trip.

Thanks, I only started being active in Feburary so maybe not lol.

I've only just been introduced to it, but I am not give big on clothes or anything like yet I will still try to bring my whole room with me before now and it was just a mess. So, this is me making sure I don't bring too much lol. That sounds so fun! :)
    @coffeeandtruecrime Are you going anywhere fun? I’m horrible at packing everything in just one small bag.

I'm going to San Diego and Portland :D I'm hoping to be successful because it will be my first time trying this, but I plan on praticing packing that way I can see how I can make things fit and if I can leave things behind. :)
  • BarbMessimer
    BarbMessimer Posts: 260 Member
    @pamperedlinny Like this?
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    @BarbMessimer exactly like that.

Also you can quote your last entry and I take out the 2 quotes and then add my new info. So then it isn't shaded in grey.
  • mling84
    mling84 Posts: 35 Member
    @pamperedlinny thank you for your reply to my post re: going over calories. I did have an overall deficit for the whole week, even with being 1k calories over total for the weekend, so I appreciate the acknowledgment about that. What is the title of the book that had the truth journaling in it?

@CupcakeCrusoe thank you for sharing about calorie cycling and for the reminder about not going into a binge-restrict merry go round. I have definitely been on that ride, only to gain the weight back plus some. Im going to really consider trying the calorie cycling!

• pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,551 Member
    Good morning!

I didn’t get to Zumba last night. I forgot that my husband’s office is doing a Taco Tuesday thing and I was volunteered to make a tray of Spanish Rice for about a dozen people. Afterward, I just sat again. However, I still kept to my calories while making my daughter one of her favorite dinners. She LOVES Orange Chicken and I had one of the frozen entrée things of it in the freezer. Orange Chicken, Basmati Rice, and steamed Broccoli.

I had my first mammogram yesterday. That was an interesting experience. Someone I used to know had told me once about the time they were getting theirs when the power went out for whatever reason. They were at a medical center and not an actual hospital so the generator only turned on lights, exit signs, etc… not machinery. She was stuck in it for about 30 minutes. I’ve lived with that irrational fear of it happening to me for about a decade. Is it sad that I was sure mine was at a small hospital and not a tiny medical center????

I have my bi-weekly Ladies Bible Study tonight at church. Often I either don’t know what the dinner is in advance or the dinner is something really high calorie or rich. This time we’re having a homemade salad bar, grilled chicken, and homemade dressings. The salad dressing is going to be the only real problem this time so I’m just taking some from home. I’m so happy that the plan is for a lighter meal option for once. Those ladies running it can cook so well and it makes keeping to tiny portions and calorie counting so hard.

@mling84 Barb Raveling wrote 2 bible studies about our approach to food, binging, and truth journaling. The first one is Taste for Truth and the second one is Freedom from Emotional Eating. If you aren’t looking to do a bible study, she also posted what exactly truth journaling looks like on her website. It’s just a one page read and it really spells out how to do it, what it looks like. https://barbraveling.com/how-to-truth-journal/

• CupcakeCrusoe
    Good morning everyone!

174.2 today, looks like we're back on track.

My overnight oats with preserved figs from our trees last summer and some herbed goat cheese is DELICIOUS, high protein (lots of greek yogurt), and very inexpensive, win-win-win. I'm giving blood today, but I did have some red meat last night in the form of picadillo I'd made, so hopefully my iron will be high enough to give.

Last night's chair classes were fun but WHOO BOY, still sore today, have been sore since last week. I'll be excited to not go anywhere tonight, especially if I manage to give blood today.

Tonight's dinner will be southern peas from our garden last summer with ham and biscuits. I'm looking forward to it, good warm food on this (STILL COLD, WHY IS IT STILL COLD) day.

I'm looking into beach houses for us to rent with my family next summer, either prices have gone way up since I was a kid or we were richer than I thought we were, even splitting the cost with a couple other families (both back then and now). I'm guessing the former.

Anyway. On track for today, even with my two cookies I ate with my coffee this morning. I'm putting collagen powder in my coffee, but it doesn't dissolve well. I'll be happy when it's gone, and I can mix in a different protein powder, but it would be a waste not to use the collagen powder since it's also protein-y.

Tag party time!
    @pamperedlinny so nice to know that it won't be hard to figure out calories for bible study this week! I'll definitely be sure to try it with very cold water.

@tiffanylacourse welcome! I'm sure you'll get to your goal if you keep your eyes on it!

@kelliward1 that smoothie sounds amazing :yum:

@coffeeandtruecrime ooh, san diego has an amazing zoo!

@mling84 it works out well for me, to lean into the way I want to eat rather than fight it and be disappointed in myself. I similarly keep half my calories for every day for after-work, because I like to eat in the afternoon more than any other time of day.

Have a great day, everyone!
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    @CupcakeCrusoe - thanks for the welcome. I think I've finally hit rock bottom and am finally feeling the motivation and determination to get healthy.

@mling84 that is a GREAT idea to save half your calories for after work - as dinner with the family is usually my biggest meal of the day.
  • BarbMessimer
    edited March 2023
    I'm marching through March at a snail's pace.... still just maintaining but I feel good and know my body will respond in due time. My main goal is to increase my walking ability, and I've walked more in the past two days than I've done in a long time so that's good. Legs are a little sore even. I plan to walk a little more today and will start wearing my FITBIT again to track the number of steps.

SW: 270
    CW: 210
    GW: 170
  • BarbMessimer
    @CupcakeCrusoe - A beach vacation is worth every penny, and I hope you can make it happen. It's so good for your health and to get away from your usual routine for a while. I live within 50 minutes of Daytona Beach and plan to make a lot of day trips there this year. I'm on a mission to walk more so I'll walk the beach and breathe in some of that fresh ocean air. You can even buy a year long pass and park your car on the beach... which is what I think I'll do.
  • serenecompassion2663
    serenecompassion2663 Posts: 59 Member
    Hi Everyone!!

I’ve been away for awhile, but hope to start being sociable again.😊

The Ozempic is working!

SW: 235
    GW: 150
    CW: 226.0 (!!!!)😁😁😁

9 pounds down!

I will post later what my goals are.
    I need a nap.😊

Andi in Illinois
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited March 2023
    Hi Everyone!!

I’ve been away for awhile, but hope to start being sociable again.😊

The Ozempic is working!

Andi in Illinois

@serenecompassion2663 Are you diabetic or using the Ozempic mainly for weight loss without diabetes? I'm curious about it being used that way. I know of others (celebrities) that have used it without being diabetic. You I could ask questions.

• CupcakeCrusoe
    Good morning everyone!

173.2 today, holy cats. Of course, I gave blood yesterday, so technically they took out more than a lb worth of blood, lol. I know because I heard them say the weight of the bag- 860-something, which was probably in grams, which translates to 1.8 lb.

Anyway! I am not perfect, and here's the proof: I was still feeling kinda bad last night after having given blood, and instead of doing something responsible like drinking more water or eating a little more dinner, I annihilated the whole bag of peanut M&m's that were next to my chair, lol. Oh well, over maintenance for yesterday by about 200-300 cal, nothing that's going to hurt me too badly for the week. And I felt real bad afterward physically, so just further feedback that I don't want to do that again.

This morning we're back on track, today is little gym for the girls, and I have some work to do for a work potluck I'm cooking for on Friday. Luckily, there's a grocery store next to the gym for the girls, so I can knock at least the grocery shopping out while they're in the gym. Then I have to make a plan for making fajitas in an office building, lol.

I've been reading this blog from the beginning this week, very inspirational: http://losingweighteveryday.blogspot.com/

Sean Anderson was a radio broadcaster who started at over 500 lb and lost over half his weight, then regained (haven't gotten there yet, but an important lesson- gotta keep those good habits), then lost again.

Tag party time!
    @BarbMessimer a walk on the beach sounds divine! Congratulations for stepping up your step game, haha.

@serenecompassion2663 being sociable really does help! And it serves as good accountability, to remember that you have to talk to your internet friends (I call you all "pocket friends," because my phone is in my pocket, haha) about how you're doing. I'm also interested in whether you've had some bad side effects of ozempic, etc.

@sandramarshall200 swimming, green tea, and sociability are all great. Enjoy your trip, we'll be here when you get back :smiley:

Have a great hump day everyone!
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,551 Member
    edited March 2023
    Good morning!

Bible study dinner changed but it still worked out well. They did a sandwich bar instead of a salad bar. I just got a few lettuce leaves, tomato slices, turkey slices and made myself some lettuce wraps. Then I got a bunch of the fruit. Since I didn’t have any bread I allowed myself a small piece of chocolate pound cake (which came with strawberries and whipped cream). Definitely worth skipping the bread for that. Since I brought a light salad dressing from home I was able to dip my wraps in that too.

I just finished turning in my annual review. I HATE that I have to review myself before sending it to my boss and hearing what they think. I feel like I’m defensive and I don’t even know if I need to be. I mean, I had 3 goals for delinquencies (I do receivables and collections for my company) where I met one, I got close on another, and the last has some reasons it didn’t hit that include deep dives into a few customers issues taking up more time that I counted on. Not anything earth shattering. Also, our company runs on a fiscal year end…. Ending in March, but with all self-reviews due this Friday. Every year I feel like March tries to kill me between the review and the year-end deadlines. Ugh!!!! Which is why I was filling in the review at 6am instead of during my actual work hours. Whoever came up with it all being due at the same time is very obviously not in accounting.

Sorry. Rant over.

In positive news, I got a new counter top grill. I have had my small George Forman grill that does about 2 burgers at a time for about 15+ years. It’s not in great shape anymore. Not really non-stick, one of the corners is broken, one spot gets hotter than the other, etc. It still works but not quite as well as it used to do. I found an amazing deal on a slightly larger one at Best Buy. A different brand but good reviews and on super sale for $20 instead of $50. It arrived yesterday so we’re going to be making some burgers and maybe “grilled” zucchini on it tonight to test it out. I stupid excited about testing out my new grill and putting it through its paces. Does anyone else get excited for new kitchen gadgets or appliances? I think anything food or kitchen related always has me over the moon.

@CupcakeCrusoe Those overnight oats sound amazing.

@BarbMessimer Glad to hear you’re walking and moving. I love my Fitbit.

@serenecompassion2663 So glad the Ozempic is working!!!!!
  • bonniemcc4
    bonniemcc4 Posts: 129 Member
    edited March 2023
    SW: 288.8 (February 2022)
    CW: 219.6

2/27- 219.6
    3/6- 217.0 (-2.6)
    3/13- 218.4 (+1.4)
    3/20- 217.8 (-0.6)
    3/27-

Goals for March:
    ⬇️ lose 2-3 pounds
    💪 do PT exercises 3 times a week
    🥛 try a new healthy shake recipe
    🤩 do something fun with my nephews during their spring break
    📚 read 3+ books
    📖 keep up with daily Bible reading

I’m keeping up with PT exercises but skipped again this Monday due to bad hip pain and not wanting to make it worse. So far I’ve read four books now. I did fall a bit behind with daily Bible reading, but I’m working on doing better with that this week. Spring break for my nephews is next week. I’m not sure what we’ll do yet and now I have three appointments so it’s going to be a busy week.

For the past 5 weeks I’ve been dealing with a new bad pain issue. I went to the doctor last week and saw an osteopath while there. I’m trying the exercises the osteopath suggested but with not much, if any, improvement. I think I may need to go back to PT and I’ve really enjoyed not having to go to so many appointments every week lol. Also not sure my insurance will approve it since I went so long before already.

@pamperedlinny the shake recipe was a shamrock shake (or basically mint shake lol) with frozen spinach, half of a frozen banana, peppermint extract, and almond milk.

@CupcakeCrusoe glad to see you here!
  • kelliward1
    kelliward1 Posts: 99 Member
    Took advantage of the warmer weather and went on a mile walk this afternoon with my dog....not sure who is more worn out afterwards..LOL Trying a new app to record my walk, it kinda cut out at the beginning because my phone put the app in sleep mode, so had to keep the app open so it could track.

oqvk67a31aon.jpg
    1mo62ntvk1wj.jpg