Women 200lb+, Let's Make March Meaningful!!!

Options

Replies

• serenecompassion2663
    serenecompassion2663 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everybody!!

So, as someone who struggles with Binge-Eating Disorder, I can say the Ozempic is a life-changer.

This medication slows down my digestion…my stomach empties more slowly, everything slows down.
    Positive:
    🔹I am now aware of when I am truly physically hungry as opposed to emotionally unsettled and looking for food to eat to soothe me.
    🔹 I am hungry less often, and am able to eat seeking nutrition rather than a food “high.” This also allows me to consider my options for meals instead of grabbing whatever is readily available as soon as I open the fridge door, or of jumping on the phone for delivery.
    🔹 I have a sense of fullness. This is both positive and negative…because one of the side-effects is constipation. Today I ate meatloaf at our on-site Meals On Wheels kitchen, and I hit my calorie count at lunch. I believe because it was also a higher fat meal, I am feeling uncomfortably full at 4:00pm and will not be eating dinner. The downside to this is I feel like my bowels are not completely empty. I’m hoping as I increase my water intake I can help my body adjust. I took 0.25mg of Ozempic for 4 weeks, and I’m now in my second week of a dose of 0.5mg.
    🔹Another positive/negative result is some foods taste different.
    I no longer enjoy fast food (read: McDonalds, Dairy Queen, Burger King) nor delivery pizza. This is good for my health, but emotionally I’m honestly not sure how I feel. I think I’m mourning.

I am absolutely thrilled with the sensation of Not. being hungry. Being able to tune into my body’s cues has been a lifelong struggle. Now, I can eat when I’m hungry, and Not. eat when I’m not hungry. It’s amazing. I’m also no longer tied to the clock (it’s time to eat), except that I must stop eating for the day by 6:00pm, otherwise my blood glucose level rises.

I’ve also noticed that as time progresses, the weight I’m losing increases with each month. Considering it has been 5 years since the scale has moved in a downward trajectory with any consistency, I’ll take 2-4 ponds a month.

I’ve had two people tell me they can already see the weight loss in my face.

I have plantar fasciitis in my feet again, despite new walking shoes, so I need to ease up for a few days.
    But I’ve been walking 1-3 miles pretty much daily. I am looking forward to trying water work tomorrow morning in the pool. I’ll let you know how that goes.

Andi in Illinois
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everybody!!

So, as someone who struggles with Binge-Eating Disorder, I can say the Ozempic is a life-changer.

@serenecompassion2663 Thank you for all the information. Just have 1 question that I didn't see answered. Do you have Diabetes Mellitus or not.
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Linda – I’m 40 years old and 5’7”
    SW: 300 lb
    Next GW: 180 lb
    3/1: 198.8 lb
    3/2: 198.0 lb
    3/4: 197.8 lb
    3/7: 197.0 lb
    3/8: 195.6 lb
    3/9: 195.2 lb
    3/11: 194.2 lb
    3/19: 193.6 lb
    3/23: 193.0 lb
    **weight updated whenever I lose.

Good morning!

Yesterday I put my new appliance through its paces and had a lot of fun. If anyone wants to know what I got, it is a Bella Pro Series - Countertop Indoor Non-Stick Electric Grill. It is normally $60 at Best Buy but I had found a deal on it for $20. For lunch, I grilled zucchini, peppers, onions, and leftover pot roast. Seasoned it all with a garlic jalapeno spice blend. Then put it on a Joseph’s multigrain lavash wrap, added some tzatziki, rolled it up, and grilled it all together. A panini wrap sort of thing. Grilled burrito. I don’t know. It was tasty though. Then for dinner we had burgers on the indoor grill. With them I made a slightly spicy sauce using Peri-Peri seasoning, salt, hickory smoke powder (like liquid smoke but powder form), lemon juice, and water. I put it over more zucchini, peppers, and onions. Grilled them again. Then I made a baked potato in the microwave, gave it 5 spritzes of I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Spray and topped it some of that spicy sauce too. I’m really enjoying playing with my new appliance…. Can you tell? LOL

I’m going to a Books Over Drinks event tonight and get to meet Sarah Penner. She is signing a talking about The London Séance Society. Since I haven’t actually read her before I grabbed her The Lost Apothecary from the Libby app as an audiobook. I’m going to try and listen to the whole thing today. The bookstore often has fun book events with cocktails or dinners or lunches. They even do cooking classes called Cook The Book with themes from books and baking classes in the attached café. I normally don’t buy tickets because I’m always on the broke side of things. However, my friend bought tickets and now can’t go, so she passed them on to me this week. I’m so excited.

@bonniemcc4 Four books is great! I love reading a book and listening to audiobooks (when done well).

@kelliward1 Our weather is supposed to warm up today. I’m really looking forward to getting outside a bit if I can fit it in.

@serenecompassion2663 I love that the medication is helping you so much. That is super exciting. Not feeling hungry all the time and knowing when to stop for you glucose. Those are excellent.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

173 this morning! The more weigh-ins I have solidly in the overweight category, the closer I feel to actually calling myself that. But not yet, my average is still in the 174s somewhere.

Busy day today. Work, pick up the baby, women's program, and then rush home after work to grill up the chicken and veg for fajitas at work tomorrow, 10 lbs of chicken! Yikes! Some of that will be our dinner tonight, because joke's on me if I'm doing MORE cooking after that but before the gym.

Because, yes, after that, it's poles and pole choreographed dance night! Oooooof. I'm going to so appreciate just sitting down with pizza Friday night.

But also! The house is a mess because the baby has been home a lot of the week with a stomach thing, so toys are everywhere, my kitchen island drawer is broken and I need to fix it, UGHHHHHH

Saturday's going to be busy too- we're all going to a special event at the zoo where we get to watch the animals get fed while eating our own bagels and whatnot provided. The kids are going to love that. And then MORE GYM. LOL.

This week. Oof.

Anyway! These overnight oats are really hitting the spot lately. And don't leave me super hungry. Good times. Tag party time!

@pamperedlinny ooooh, new grill! I love that! Is it one of those where you can take the plates off to wash, that was a revelation for me after my trusty clamshell George Foreman grill died. That event sounds SO FUN! I'm excited for you!

@bonniemcc4 you're hanging in there like a champion, even with your pain issues, which is honestly just so humbling, as a person who doesn't have to deal with that. I hope that insurance works out, and that going to the doc/PT/etc more often works well for you.

@kelliward1 WHAT A GOOD PUP OMG I love pet pics

@serenecompassion2663 I'm glad you feel more in control of your eating. Is the plan to be on it long-term, or to eventually wean yourself off of it?

Have a great day, everyone!
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    @CupcakeCrusoe Not only do the plates come off... but they are supposed to be dishwasher safe! I haven't tried that yet as it's so new and nonstick still that I've been able to wipe it clean with a soapy cloth and everything just slides off. I am seriously loving it so much!
  • RavenStCloud
    RavenStCloud Posts: 352 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    So I'm doing better this week! My gym opened up an all women's gym about fifteen minutes from me, and my membership covers both places!

Working out with only women is much easier for me mentally, so I went to their Opening Day to check them out and signed up to meet with their Fitness Coordinator.

We met for an initial consultation and she was super thorough in her questions about exercise/eating habits (I may have shed a few tears when she told me I was valid and worthy after I talked about my binge eating...I was SO embarrassed, but she was very lovely about it) and we went through some exercises and machines very briefly.

Tomorrow, we've got an hour scheduled where she's going to take me through the full workout she planned and I'm super excited to get back to strength training.

I'll let you guys know how tomorrow goes!
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    @RavenStCloud That's fabulous!
  • kelliward1
    kelliward1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    @pamperedlinny Ohhh, new cooking toy! I got a cast iron reversible grill/griddle for Christmas I need to start doing more grilled dishes with. Because it's cast iron it is very heavy and the tendinitis in my elbow is acting up so I have stayed away from lifting heavy items right now. I use the crockpot and Instant Pot a lot for our busy schedule.

@CupcakeCrusoe He's a pretty good dog..just needs to stop eating stuff out of the kitty litter box 🤢. He was worn out after that walk.
  • pdd1216
    pdd1216 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!

I’ve been away for awhile, but hope to start being sociable again.😊

The Ozempic is working!

SW: 235
    GW: 150
    CW: 226.0 (!!!!)😁😁😁

9 pounds down!

I will post later what my goals are.
    I need a nap.😊

Andi in Illinois

FANTASTIC! So glad it is helping you!
  • tigerlinly
    tigerlinly Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    So far lost 89 lbs still have 160 lbs to go had meds changed yesterday because I had started gaining again. need someone to keep me accountable
  • serenecompassion2663
    Options
    Good evening everybody!!

@swimmom_1 : I do not have diabetes…yet. I was diagnosed with Prediabetes this past Winter. My hope is by losing 80 pounds I can reverse it and never look back. My mother had Diabetes Mellitus Type 1. The disease terrifies me.

@pamperedlinny : oooo. New Toy. I love the idea of a countertop grill. I have a tiny kitchen, so I have to choose my appliances carefully, but this would be one I would consider. I absolutely Love the idea of your book events!!! Sounds like so much fun!!! “The Lost Apothecary “ and her second book are both on my TBR list.😊

Andi in Illinois
  • serenecompassion2663
    Options
    @CupcakeCrusoe : I really don’t know what the future holds for me with using Ozempic. I am following the guidance of my medical team.😊
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Good evening everybody!!

@swimmom_1 : I do not have diabetes…yet. I was diagnosed with Prediabetes this past Winter. My hope is by losing 80 pounds I can reverse it and never look back. My mother had Diabetes Mellitus Type 1. The disease terrifies me.
    Andi in Illinois

@serenecompassion2663 Thank you for answering my question. I was wondering. I'm a RN and have been curious about Ozempic being used for weight loss. I will look forward to hearing about your experience.
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Linda – I’m 40 years old and 5’7”
    SW: 300 lb
    Next GW: 180 lb
    3/1: 198.8 lb
    3/2: 198.0 lb
    3/4: 197.8 lb
    3/7: 197.0 lb
    3/8: 195.6 lb
    3/9: 195.2 lb
    3/11: 194.2 lb
    3/19: 193.6 lb
    3/23: 193.0 lb
    3/24: 192.0 lb
    **weight updated whenever I lose.

Last night was so great! I got to hear Sarah Penner share how she started writing her first book, what inspired her second, and even what to expect from her third. Yesterday was her husband’s birthday so he flew in to be with her this weekend. It was fun to meet him and that she surprised him with 80 women singing him Happy Birthday. The shop has a Spirited Sangria and I was glad I left plenty of calorie room (I was actually below my normal range yesterday) so I could enjoy the drink included on my ticket.

Photo of my friend, myself, and Sarah Penner. 😊
    8dwp4iqq5wue.jpg

Tonight is the monthly movie night that I host. I’m thinking of trying a new recipe on the group and making them all my guinea pigs. I already have the next two blog recipes ready to drop, but anytime I get ahead I try to keep that momentum… inevitably I’ll hit a block and won’t have anything new for a couple weeks. Then those few that were ready in advance really come in handy. We’re watching An Affair To Remember. Since movie night is potluck I don’t know everything coming yet. I heard a rumor about girl scout cookies and ice cream so I’ll have to eat really light throughout the day so I really indulge without killing my calorie boundaries too hard. I also heard there might be crab Rangoon and bbq meatballs. Man, I love my monthly movie nights!

If you just joined up with this group for March I’ll give some quick background on movie nights… because they really are my favorite night of the month. After Covid had shut everything down for so long and I had been working from home I realized I missed my friends a ton. Last spring (we’re just about at a year!!!) I decided I couldn’t keep on this way. I called my closest girlfriends and told them we were going to get together at my house for a movie night. We would do pot luck snacks, the kids were welcome and would play upstairs, my husband would be home and on his computer so if war broke out an adult was upstairs nearby. I needed adult female friend time. We haven’t missed a month since. We’ve had someone show up doing hard 75 and we rummaged for all the fruits and veggies. We’ve had people not care what they eat at all, which is most of the time. We’ve had a friend going through some things have too much to drink and have to stay an extra 2 hours before going home. We’ve discussed past relationships, weddings, family drama, kids achievements, and just been there for each other. Some months we talk over the film. Some months we all really watch. This once a month thing because I was tired of being home without any friends has turned into the most wonderful and precious thing that I hope never ends.

@kelliward1 One of those reversible grill/griddle pans in on my wish list for the kitchen too. I really want one but haven’t broken down to spend the money on one yet.

@serenecompassion2663 I loved The Last Apothecary and I’m looking forward to reading The London Séance Society. She talked about the book she’s writing now and it has me so excited! The third one will be set in Italy, be dual time line (like Apothecary), and include a ship wreck, witches with ties to the original sirens. She said she’s still on the first draft so some things may change but it sounds so good!
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

173.4 this morning, holding pretty steady. MacroFactor gave me another 10 calories on my TDEE today, so I guess I'm logging all my food pretty well (usually it starts lowering my TDEE drastically when I under-log what I've eaten, because the algorithm thinks I've been eating "only" x calories while still only losing x amount of weight, so if I'm logging accurately, I get a more accurate look at my TDEE, makes sense).

Anyway! I had a great workout yesterday, managed to get the fajitas done just in time to leave for gym, lol, and I had a bit of a self-revelation.

At women's program yesterday, they mentioned a Women in STEM event tomorrow they were covering. This was the first I'd heard of it. And I immediately cancelled two of my later gym classes Saturday, ready to roger up to help out.

And then I thought about what that would mean for my weekend. Going early in the morning to the zoo event, then straight to the gym, then going straight to this Women in STEM event and helping out for at least a couple hours.... I wouldn't get home until dinnertime Saturday, my house would still be a disaster, and Sunday Whatsisface wants to plant his garden, which I want to help him with, so my Sunday would be completely full of frantic planting and cleaning.

I realized that my instinct to "White Knight," to be the one who rides in and helps fix problems (in this case, that the women's program didn't have enough people volunteering for the event) was going to put me in such a bind that I would be exhausted before next week even started.

So I've decided to not help the event for the women's program. And the kicker is, I feel bad about it! After already saying my weekend was slam-packed before I knew about the event! I obviously have Some Stuff to work on about myself, lol.

Further, I'm not even going to try to get back into those classes I dropped for Saturday. I'm going in for one class, and then I'm going home and cleaning while the girls are at little gym. That way, hopefully, my house can be clean and I'll be ready to help with the garden Sunday.

Anyway. Sorry for the novel about all this going on. The fajitas smelled (and were) amazing and will be amazing again today, I've planned out my strategy for pizza night plus this lunch by making my "pizza" tonight out of low-cal wraps, that way I can still have beer with Whatsisface and dessert at this lunch (someone's bringing an icebox eclair cake, my favorite).

I fit into some jeans that make me look amazing! Size 10 levis, and levis in my experience run a little smaller than other brands. I'll have to post the picture tomorrow, looks like it hasn't uploaded to my photos online yet and I don't have my phone.

Tag party time!
    @RavenStCloud I love a women's gym. There is something so much better about the vibe, and I'm so excited for you. Keep us posted. :smiley:

@tigerlinly welcome! you're in the right spot, go ahead and post whatever you like here, we love to chat. :wink:

@serenecompassion2663 thanks for answering! I'm sorry I'm so nosey about it, I've just heard that once you go off it, unless you've changed all your habits appropriately, weight regain is very likely.

@pamperedlinny so cool! And your movie night sounds like it's going to be a blast as usual, I love it so much for you. :heart:

Have a great Friday, everyone! See you tomorrow for official weigh in day (for me)!
  • BarbMessimer
    BarbMessimer Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'm finally making progress after being on hold weight-wise for a number of months. I can't believe it but I'm now able to drink my coffee without sugar and I think that's helping plus I've moved my meal to much later in the day so I'm not tempted to snack before ndtime.

SW 270
    CW 208
    GW 170

@serenecompassion2663 - So happy to hear the Ozempic is working and you have your hunger under control. I was prediabetic (A1C 6.2) and practicing IF with a low carb whole food diet for 2 years completely reversed it. Last A1C was 5.3.

@pamperedlinny - Your grill sounds wonderful. I have a small George Foreman. I guess that’s the same thing or is it?
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    @BarbMessimer It's essentially the same thing. I was using a small George Forman grill but it was getting too worn out after so many years. It's a bit bigger, the trays are removable and dishwasher safe, otherwise it's exactly the same.
  • RavenStCloud
    RavenStCloud Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Had a great day meeting with my new gym's fitness instructor. She took me through a full workout and answered a lot of my questions about different machines and exercises. I got a list of the different things we did (plus weights/reps), so now I'm a lot more comfortable doing things all on my own. I'm super excited to workout at an all-women's gym because it's just a whole different vibe. Much more chill and relaxing, for me at least.

I have also discovered Canva (a website/app for design/graphics), which for someone who likes to make lists and charts and pretty informational guides, might be a mistake. I'm currently working on a meal plan layout and a workout chart. I'm using the free version and it's great. Maybe too great because I'm spending wayyyy to much time on there.

I'm hoping to get some meal prep done over the weekend, because too many food choices is not a great look for me. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!
  • BarbMessimer
    BarbMessimer Posts: 262 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    @BarbMessimer It's essentially the same thing. I was using a small George Forman grill but it was getting too worn out after so many years. It's a bit bigger, the trays are removable and dishwasher safe, otherwise it's exactly the same.

Thanks for that information. I need to get mine out (if I can remember where it is). It's the perfect size for just me. I've been using my air fryer and crock pot a lot, but I like grilled food.

@ravenStCloud - Thanks for that website. I love making charts. Think I'll be spending some time there too