My shorties, how much do y'all eat?

I'm 5'1 and 101 lbs. I've been slowly trying to up my calories/hover around maintenance. I'm eating about 1,700 calories (used to eat 1,500-1,600), lift 4x a week, and try to get my steps or light cardio in.

Being short it's hard not to pack on the weight quick! Any tips for lean bulking without gaining too fast? I've gained about 3 lbs since October but feeling much stronger. :)

Replies

• zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 910 Member
    trying to lose half a pound a week here, and at 5'4", MFP gives me 1250 calories per day. i do cardio 6 days a week, mostly on an exercise bike or walking up and down stairs or doing a step workout.

years ago, when i did a lot of bodybuilding, i ate a lot more protein at maintenance and less fat and carbs, and i had 6 tiny meals per day with 20 grams of protein each. eating so frequently doesn't give you time to get hungry, and if you do, have some cottage cheese, a protein drink or a yogurt.

alas, part of bulking is eating over maintenance, so unless you go super slow, you do gain weight. some of my friends do the bulk/cut/bulk/cut thing.