Women 200lb+, Let's Make March Meaningful!!!

Options

Replies

• dnunny70
    dnunny70 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am looking for an active group and your group is not only active, but suppurative!

I started tracking calories at the start of this month. I have 80-100 lbs. that I would like to lose (I need to for my health).

SW: 283
    CW 280

I am slow loser!
  • serenecompassion2663
    serenecompassion2663 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday!!

I have set my goals for April:
    🌷Drink at least 40 ounces of water a day, preferably 80-120.
    🌷Walk 30 minutes 5x/week
    🌷Walk in the Kroc Center’s pool, against the River current, for 20 minutes twice a week
    🌷Menu plan for April and grocery shop from that plan within the first week of April.

This last is important, because I’m on a low fixed income. Menu planning will help me eat healthier meals and stretch my dollar, as everyone is doing now.

My A1C in December was 6.0.
    My fasting glucose sits around 111-115 now. Still quite manageable, but for me, a huge red flag to change my tune in how I’m eating.

My gallbladder was removed in 2016, so high fat foods/meals and I don’t get along, even though up until recently, they tasted really good.

I have been primarily vegetarian for roughly 4 years, with occasional meals of fish and seafood. I used to joke with my dietitian I am a Junk-e-tarian. 😊 Now I’m trying to make the shift towards whole foods plant based. I am currently roughly a size 24. I hate the BMI chart because my “ideal weight” is 120#. I doubt I will ever see that number again. The last time I weighed 120 I was IN my 20s. As someone who struggles with Bing-Eating Disorder, I expect to be on some type of medication long term. Currently that medication is Ozempic. Changing my eating habits is a slow steady process and I have to be gentle with myself.

Andi in Illinois
  • kelliward1
    kelliward1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Evening everyone....

Been a good few days of getting back to under 250! Kinda plateaued this month. Just hanging out around 250.

Started listening to the Lose 100 with Corrine. I'm about 4 or 5 episodes in from the beginning. Thought I'd try out the meal planning technique and see if that helps me out. I can be bad about grazing in the afternoons or evenings.

I love Canva, use it to make fun Facebook posts. Did one for my daughter's last first day of school in 2021. Put a picture from kindergarten on one side and a picture of her on her first day of her senior year on the other.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

174 still, which is fine. Especially since that grinder salad sandwich is full of sodium, my numbers must have been very high yesterday.

Gym was great yesterday, and I did manage to get a lot of cleaning done. Today is clearing the raised beds and planting potatoes. I'm probably going to make a big pot of chili on the crock pot for dinner, as that will have enough leftovers to be dinner again when I go to the gym tomorrow. The kids love chili, and it's so easy.

Meal prep for the week needs to happen today too: make another batch of overnight oats, as I've still got enough of our figs and the goat cheese from last week still at work to go with it. And lunches are going to be the leftover fajita chicken, so I'm going to just throw that in my bag along with a bag of spinach, and lunches are done. Meal prep is pretty easy this week.

Tag party time:
    @dnunny70 slow and steady is the way to go! Losing slowly allows you to adjust your habits in a way that works and will be sustainable for you.

For example: I eat dessert every night. Some nights it's a serving of ice cream or half a serving of cheesecake, some nights it's just a small piece of candy, some nights it's greek yogurt with chocolate chips and 0 sugar syrup, all depending on how close or not I was to my goals (calories and protein) for the day. But nothing is off-limits. And I love dessert.

If I were to cut out dessert every night, I could lose weight faster, because I was eating less, but I would be miserable, and looking for the day I "could" eat dessert again. My failed weight loss attempts in the past came because I became too restrictive in my mindset around weight loss. "If I do x, I will lose, so let's do x until I lose" will work, for a time, but then eventually I either fall off the wagon hard or I have no idea how to live when I'm not trying to lose weight. It's so easy to say, "I'm not losing weight anymore, bring on x that I've been denying myself!" I know, because I have said that quite a few times. But if you don't deny yourself in the first place, you get a feel for how you can fit treats into your new life as a smaller you.

Anyway, sorry to write you a novel, and welcome! Feel free to share more with us, we love to chat. :smiley:

@serenecompassion2663 I love to talk meal prep! The best thing about meal prep is that it takes so much of the thinking out of the week.

My worst meal prep failures were when I tried to make food that would be very cheap, but I wasn't sure I liked- turned out I didn't like it at all, and all that food went to waste. One example: I got a cabbage for extremely cheap, but I just left it raw (??????) and then piled just whatever on top of it, like kimchi that needed used up (??????????). I like cabbage, but usually roasted, and I like kimchi, but usually with Other Things, lol, and that whole thing was just a failure.

My best meal prep successes have come when I've made sure that, even if I start with something very cheap as a base (overnight oats or barley or rice), I make sure that I'm putting something in there that I know I like (figs and goat cheese on my oats, roasted vegetables, feta, and chickpeas on my barley, lots of fresh herbs, furikake, and canned tuna on my rice). That way I can get the bulk from the inexpensive grains, but I get the taste of things I like on top of them, if that makes sense. In the fall, I love making just a ton of roasted root vegetables and experiment with seasonings and sauces.

Let me know what you're prepping, I love talking about food, lol.

@kelliward1 ooh, we used to have several people in the thread who loved Corrine.

People like @aliciap0116 and @mmdeveau maybe? I think about our alums on this thread a lot. @bluffgirl67 really inspired me to the benefits of logging everything in grams, @speyerj inspired me with her running and general great attitude, we've still got @pamiede whose smile I love to see, I wonder where our favorite model @BrownSugar174 went to, @AlexandraFindsHerself1971 's meal planning was always goals, and I've seen @Terytha on other threads sometimes, I hope she's doing well. A who's-who of the 2020 threads, lol.

Other posters I think about a lot, from the 2022-2023 threads: @KeriA @goal06082021 @Cluelessmama1979 @seltzer_lover @JAC581 @kenziestabes @justanotherloser007 @biohazardinc @tahitig @hap2go
    I hope everyone is doing well, if we don't see y'all in the thread!

I love all the talk about Canva, I'll keep that in mind when I need graphics. @RavenStCloud

Anyway! Now that I've done essentially a mass-tag of a ton of our alums, lol. I've eaten some more fajita chicken, rice, and grinder salad for breakfast, looking forward to being outside for a while, getting the garden in ship-shape, and then relaxing a lot for the rest of the day, putting some laundry away. Maybe catching up with my guilty pleasure, Sister Wives reaction videos on YouTube, while I crochet, lol.

Have a great day, everyone! :heart:

• swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    My name is Mary, 65 from Pennsylvania.
    Been MIA for a few months but still logging in everyday since I started MFP 5/14/21.

Unfortunately lost my mojo and gained a lot back but not all Thank God! Need to get back on track and focused. I bought a NEW to me, gently used, Commercial PreCor EFX 835 Elliptical. It was delivered the beginning of November, as others here know I wore my previous 10+ year old one out from my extensive workouts. Back up to 150 minutes on my 3 days off per week.

Good to see some familiar names here and glad to see some new ones too!

Heaviest weight 255 lbs, twice. :-(
    9/14/20-255 lbs
    5/14/21-232.2 lbs
    4/6/22- 147.6 lbs (107.4 lbs lost) I did NOT have a surgery. Did Keto.
    8/1/22- 167.2 lbs
    12/1/22-198 lbs
    1/1/23- 213.4 lbs
    2/1/23- 207.4 lbs
    3/1/23-201 lbs Yippee!

3/5/23- 200 lbs Elliptical Thurs, Fri & Sun 150 minutes for just over 10 miles each session. Finally glad to see a drop. I was hoping for Onederland though. Oh well, it's inevitable. Can't complain about 7.4 lbs since 2/1, in 4 1/2 weeks.
    3/12-23- 205 lbs. Too many carbs lately. Elliptical HIIT setting on Friday & today (Babysitting on Sat) 150 minutes each day, just over 10 miles each day.
    3/19/23- 206 lbs Having trouble keeping my carbs low like before. :-( Elliptical HIIT setting on Thursday, Friday & today (my off work days) 150 minutes each session for 10+ miles each.

3/26/23- 210 lbs lbs :-( Was off Friday, Saturday & Sunday, did my Elliptical only Friday and Sunday (too many errands & a hair appointment on Saturday) HIIT 150 minutes for 10+ miles.

• dmegk5
    dmegk5 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Trying to start up again, I lost weight in college and was down to 230, which was the lowest I've been since junior high. Now I'm back up to 280. I'm a mail carrier and can very easily do 10,000 steps a day so it's the food aspect that's getting me.
  • kelliward1
    kelliward1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    @CupcakeCrusoe I'm about 6 or 7 podcasts in from the beginning. I've started doing meal planning, but I've always done planning of menus for dinner. Just haven't done a written out plan for breakfast or lunches. Usually have planned in my head the night before what I will throw in my lunch bag for work...if I have work the next day. If not it's some dinner leftovers or a sandwich. I got a little bullet journal book to plan out my day with food, things to do and such. Not into meal prepping...not into eating the same stuff everyday and don't really want to do a bunch of cooking all on one day either.

Today started off good..ate my breakfast and lunch as planned. Only had a peppermint at church because my throat was getting really dry after singing in 2 services. Had no interest in the donuts. Went to the grocery store to get some things we needed. Came home soaking wet and cold...got caught out in the rain. Had lunch...but was hungry again soon afterwards. Ended up eating 2 cookies as I was preparing the marinade for the chicken and veggies I was planning to grill. Still felt hungey so made me some greek yogurt with cut up strawberries, whipped cream and a drizzle od sugar free chocolate syrup...and then the power went out. So we ended up going out to eat for dinner and I caved and got a bacon 🍔. Been craving a good burger for awhile. I know I'll probably see that on the scale in the morning. So will have to readjust my meal plan this week to make the grilled chicken on Tuesday night.

Here is a picture of the bullet journal that I made:

pjo6latxb6c2.jpg
  • mling84
    mling84 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone!
    Sunday is the beginning of the new week for me, so I would like to share some victories I finished last week off with!

1. Exercised 3x, incorporating strength training twice
    2. Finished off the week 700 calories under my total weekly calorie intake goal!
    3. Passed up buying cake slices that were on sale again, whereas in the past I would have bought them

things I can learn from this week and apply to for this upcoming week:

1. Meeting my calorie intake goal for the day with calorie dense/nutritionally low food (i.e., dark chocolate kit kat) accounting for the bulk of the calories is less satiating and satisfying later on in the day. I can enjoy much more foods that are higher in nutrition and less calorie dense for the same amount of calories (or even less)
    2. I feel much better when I make the choice to pass up buying triggering foods at the store. Not only physically, but emotionally/mentally. It feels good to know I am making choices that contribute to a pattern of healing instead of harming myself

• pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

I had a hugely busy weekend. Unfortunately, that meant I ended up bending my food boundaries all over the place. I won't say break, because I actually stayed somewhat true to what I wanted. I just went over at the very end of the evenings or past my cut off times. Nothing that will completely end all progress and not a full day of eating whatever I wanted. Just enough past everything to feel like a prick at my conscience. Actually, enough of a prick on my conscience that I didn't log into the community groups at all this weekend. Like hiding from accountability is going to alter what I ate. Anyway, just another day to pick myself up and start again.

Speaking of my 3 events in 2 days over the weekend.... I am hosting my neighborhood book club for movie night tonight. We read The Bone Collector earlier this month and so we will watch the movie tonight. I'm making a potato bar, a skeleton shaped veggie tray, popcorn, and Scooby snacks (since they look like bones). I'm eating light until tonight so I can account for enough calories. As I don't know what others will be bringing to share. Also, this is how I ended up bending my boundaries. Food at every event and too many in a row. I'm great with planning for one or two things days apart. It was having everything back to back.

@RavenStCloud I love Canva. When I sold for Pampered Chef and Jamberry I used the free version constantly for things. Even running the food trucks at my neighborhood I used it a lot to make the event announcements on social media. It’s so fun! Also, yay for going to the gym to work out your frustrations!

@dnunny70 Welcome!!!! No worries being a slow loser. I’ve been actively going up and down (thankfully more down than up) for over 15 years and I still haven’t fully hit my goal weight. I’m finally almost there though. We all have different motivations, speeds, and journeys.

@serenecompassion2663 I hope your menu planning goes well. What do you plan to make? I love seeing other peoples meal plans and lunch/dinner ideas.

@CupcakeCrusoe I need to make fajitas soon. Your posts have me craving some, for sure. I love your mass tag party. LOL.

@dmegk5 Welcome! I used to know someone else who was a mail carrier. They have retired now but they always had interesting stories.

@mling84 I love your victories!
  • serenecompassion2663
    Options
    Wow.
    Took my Ozempic this morning and very glad I ate breakfast directly after. Nausea hit me. Food helped.

Lunch has become my main meal of the day. Dinner is almost a snack. I’m just not hungry. Which is revolutionary.😊

I’m still hammering out my meal plan for the month of April, but if I can score some Spring produce, I’m hoping to make some Lemon Asparagus Pasta, Tuna Salad with Apples, Pea Salad with Arugula, Potato Soup, and Black Bean Burgers. I want to change up my breakfast by adding in Overnight Oats, and maybe splurge and treat myself to a batch of Raspberry Chocolate Chunk Cookies. Or I could simplify that last and just get bars of dark chocolate to break into after dinner treats and fresh raspberries to put in my Greek Yogurt.😊

@kelliward1 : I bullet journal too!! I love it!!

Andi in Illinois
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Hello again, ladies!

High Weight: 245.3 lbs.
    CW: 238.1 lbs.
    GW: Not sure. 150 to 165-ish?

2023:
    SW: 244.7 lbs.
    Jan 31: 241.9 lbs.
    Feb 28: 239.5 lbs.
    3/20/23: 238.1 lbs.
    3/21/23: 239.3 lbs.
    3/22/23: 237.4 lbs.
    3/23/23: 235.9 lbs.
    3/24/23: 234.1 lbs.
    3/25/23: (Didn't weigh)
    3/26/23: 237.3 lbs.
    3/27/23: 238.1 lbs.

My goal is to be at or under 235 by the end of March. I was under it at the end of last week - but as usual, the weekend is my weakness. I've got to do better!

Love to hear all of your victories!
  • pdd1216
    pdd1216 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Down a pound this week....at least it is in the right direction.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Had a weight spike yesterday, but I'd only gotten a few hours of sleep thanks to Kiddo having a stomach thing going on, so. This morning it's much more reasonable, although still a little high. Still waiting for sharks, don't know what's taking so long.

Because I didn't get a lot of sleep, I skipped the gym yesterday and gardened instead after work, and talked to my bestie on the phone. I always forget how nice it is to be outside and gardening. Something about taking care of plants. Anyway.

Today, my planned breakfasts, overnight oats, figs, goat cheese, fajita chicken, spinach, and a tortilla with cheese and pico, and then for dinner, I'm making cemitas for my family, and putting mine in another low-calorie wrap.

Tag party time!
    @swimmom_1 love a long weekend and a hair appointment!

@dmegk5 oh man, yeah, mail carrier's got to be a very active job. Welcome!

@RavenStCloud oooh, air fryer salmon sounds so good :yum: and congratulations on your workout by yourself!

@kelliward1 oh yeah, preparing dinner is one of my hardest snacking times, because I come home SO HUNGRY, lol. I need to get better about having vegetables to stick in my mouth while I'm cooking so I don't snack on something I don't have the calories for. I love your bullet journal! I used to bullet journal, I've transitioned to traveller's notebook with different inserts type planners instead.

@mling84 there is truly a great feeling to look at your shopping at the end of your trip and see how you're choosing to feed yourself, I always give myself letter grades, like, if I go into the store hungry, I'm more likely to have a C or lower, but if I buy only what's on the list, I can usually score in the As and Bs, lol.

@pamperedlinny it is so hard with events, and especially back-to-back, with no breathing room. But you're absolutely right, every day is a new opportunity to meet your goals :heart:

@serenecompassion2663 oooh, the yogurt and raspberries (and dark chocolate) idea is great. I also really love the idea of using spring produce, it's tiiiime, hahah

@tiffanylacourse weekends tend to be harder, and it takes a while to find your groove in dealing with them. For me what works is having a later breakfast, small snack in the middle, and then earlier dinner that I look forward to, but I'm also someone with an extremely early bedtime- 7-8 during the week, so I naturally eat dinner early every day. Ymmv, as they say.

@pdd1216 a pound a week is a great rate of loss! Congratulations!

Have a great day, everyone!
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Good morning all!

Last night I hosted The Bone Collector movie night for my smaller book club. We read the book as part of a "Read A Book That Inspired A Movie" challenge. We decided that if the book was made into a movie, we needed to watch the movie.... and I'm a sucker for anything with a theme. Isn't this table great?!? Sorry, but it was just too fun not to share.
    7dh1cv0d0hhw.jpg

I also got my most recent blog recipe up this morning. It was scheduled to post yesterday so this morning it already went live. I had made a big pan on Spanish Rice for my husband's office party and decided to bump up when I dropped it on the blog because his co-workers asked about the recipe. I decided to share it with everyone instead of just his office. :D If anyone needs a Spanish Rice recipe this one is mine. https://www.healthyeatingwithlinda.com/post/spanish-rice-for-a-crowd

Tonight is going to be Zumba class while my daughter is at volleyball, quick locker room showers, and then we'll both be at the tea shop for trivia night. I'm so bad at trivia and so thankful for people on my team that know all the things. It is still so much fun and every once in a while I'll actually know an answer that others don't. It's usually about one question out of the entire night though. I'm useless as a teammate.

@serenecompassion2663 Those meals sound really good! I hope as you make new things you share with us. Especially that Lemon Asparagus Pasta. Those are three of my favorite things all in one title.

@tiffanylacourse The weekend tends to be where most of us fall. Don’t beat yourself up over a few bad days. If you know you’re going to eat more on the weekends you can always modify your calories so they cycle higher on the weekend and just average what you want your loss to be. For example, if you average 1500 calories a day. Instead of eating 1500 every day, you can eat 1300 for 5 days and still have 2000 calories for both Saturday and Sunday. There are quite a few people on MFP that do this. The system only lets you set it that way if you pay premium but there isn’t anything to stop you from just tracking that manually. Just a thought if you know those days are harder to manage.

@pdd1216 YAY!!!!!!

@CupcakeCrusoe Spending your time with plants and talking to you bestie sound marvelous!
  • onhaltn
    onhaltn Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That table looks awesome!

I can’t say I’m into the meal planning, but I have changed my shopping list, so there are healthier grab-foods, like baby carrots and blueberries — along with some new staples. “Palmini” is a brand that makes hearts of palm into very satisfying versions of noodles, but at incredibly low calorie count. I ordered a case of it online. Freshe makes tins of super tasty tuna caponata that, added to Palmini noodles, creates a filling lunch for 150 calories. Coupled with a pescatarian approach to dinners, it’s helping push me forward toward my goals. SW 279, CW 228 and GWs of 225, then 199, then 165 and finally 135.
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Linda – I’m 40 years old and 5’7”
    SW: 300 lb
    Next GW: 180 lb
    3/1: 198.8 lb
    3/2: 198.0 lb
    3/4: 197.8 lb
    3/7: 197.0 lb
    3/8: 195.6 lb
    3/9: 195.2 lb
    3/11: 194.2 lb
    3/19: 193.6 lb
    3/23: 193.0 lb
    3/24: 192.0 lb
    **weight updated whenever I lose.

Good morning all!

Yesterday our team came in second at trivia. Not too shabby, especially since some answers were definitely guesses on our part. The last bonus question was finally where I got to shine... match the dog to the Disney movie. 🐕 I stayed within all my calorie boundaries and only had a small protein shake after 8pm because I felt like I was still legit hungry when I got home from Zumba then trivia. Better to have a small shake at home (just protein powder and almond milk) than to eat cake at the shop and still be hungry.

My parents are coming to visit for a few days after Easter. I love my parents. I also don't live exactly as they would so it usually causes plenty of drama when they visit. They are also bringing their dog and not staying in a hotel. So.... I'm going to need to clear space, clean to a level I don't normally worry about, lecture my daughter about not bringing up magic with them, and find a YouTube workout that uses Christian music or no lyrics or something. Since my first go-to is often Zumba that will be a bit more difficult. I love church and the Lord but I don't specifically look for workouts that play only those songs. If you have suggestions I'm all ears.

@onhaltn I love Palmini. I occasionally do something like a quick shrimp scampi and will use palmini instead of angel hair. I’ll just toss it in at the end so it picks up all that extra buttery sauce that I cooked the shrimp in. Makes for a great low carb, quick meal.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

173.4 today, we're back, baby, although still waiting for sharks, which is nerve wracking.

Yesterday was full of cleaning before the cleaners come, but after that was done, I was able to relax a little.

Today, the girls have little gym, and our trees should be coming- three varieties of pomegranate, and three shenandoah pawpaw trees. I'm excited to plant them and watch them grow, alongside our gala apples, black arkansas apples, pecans, figs, persimmons, black cherries, and mulberries. Wow, now that I talk about it, that's quite a lot of trees. My childhood dream of having an orchard is coming true.

Our raised beds have potatoes, corn, beans, cabbage, peas, and cotton growing and we're cleared out for the rest. I need to clear out the blackberry bed. Our blueberry bed looks pretty good, and we're planting raspberries next to our big fig tree this year. Our strawberry plant has a strawberry on it already!

All this, and you'd think I have a lot of space, but we're only on about a .3 acre lot, lol. And I've got plans for more! Neither Whatsisface nor I are big on lawns. Just enough grass for the playset and for Kiddo to practice her cartwheels is all we need.

I'm excited for the house to be clean when I get home from the gym tonight, and to see our baby trees. And then to work on a blanket I started last year and never finished, before it gets too hot out to even think about knitting a blanket.

Tag party time!
    @pamperedlinny that spread is SO. FUN! I love that! And again, trivia night sounds awesome. Sounds like a stressful situation with your parents coming over. There are quite a few google results when I did "Christian Music Zumba," so hopefully you can find a couple videos you like.

@onhaltn they say being pescatarian is so good for you. I've definitely decreased the red meat consumption in my house by a lot (red meat is expensive), but I don't think my family is ready to make that leap (or me, to be honest- I eat a lot of chicken). Tuna caponata sounds so good.

Have a great day, everyone!
  • serenecompassion2663
    Options
    Hi everyone!

So.
    Successes first:
    I walked half an hour continuously for two days in a row. That’s about my limit. I got into the pool and walked against the River current for 20 minutes yesterday. The water is soothing, though it took me awhile to be comfortable enough with my balance to step away from the edge and stop holding on. There is a water aerobics class at the same time I’ve set for my River work, and watching them was fun. Eventually I’d like to join them.

Ozempic.
    I’ve discovered if I eat too large a meal, I become nauseous. Very very uncomfortable. Its effects are to slow my entire digestive process down, which, if I eat too much in one sitting, makes me feel like my stomach is a slow boiling tar pit.
    Not fun.
    My goal now is to find that happy median where I am nourished, and not hungry, but not queasy.
    It’s confusing because I’m trying to learn to listen to my body’s cues. Eat when I’m hungry, don’t eat when I’m not hungry.

Andi in Illinois
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Good morning!!!

Yesterday I got a call that a friend was going through something so my calories were higher than planned with wine and snacks. However, it isn't too bad. About 2,000 for the day. It could have been a lot worse and being there for a friend is way more important that an over calorie day.

Today I'm hoping to get to my Zumba class. I'm also so tired though so we'll see how it all goes.

@CupcakeCrusoe I’m so jealous of your trees and raised beds. I can never get anything to grow. I mostly only got a couple things to grow when I was in Maryland. Since moving to South Carolina, the soil is so different that it really is true. My husband can’t even figure out how to get grass to take in the back yard. Stupid red clay.

@serenecompassion2663 I hope you find that happy medium. I did water aerobics and aqua Zumba when I was pregnant. It was so fun! I thought about joining up again last year but my YMCA has it when I’m either at work or at the same time as my favorite cardio class. I hope one day they will add another time in.