Replies

• fmfdfa2020
    fmfdfa2020 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    RenaPink11 wrote: »
    @RenaPink11 What are your “meds for binge eating?”
    fmfdfa2020 wrote: »
    @RenaPink11 What are your “meds for binge eating?”

@RenaPink11 @quiltingjaine I was wondering about this too.

My dr has me on Vyvanse for binge eating. It has worked wonders for me!

@RenaPink11 Thank you! When I read your post earlier and was thinking about what medication could help me, I was thinking something that controls impulsiveness. I read info about Vyvanse and that is one thing it helps control among other things. That is so wonderful you have found something that works!! Thank you again for sharing!
  • gomifune
    gomifune Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    The final 3 minutes of running was heading home so down that ever-so-slight hill which allowed me to increase pace and really push to empty the tank. My time improved from that, too!

Loved this story! Go you! 🏃‍♀️
  • gomifune
    gomifune Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    clprieur wrote: »
    [
    @gomifune WOO! Doing good!! Keep it going!!! :)
    Thanks! I’m sticking to the plan and trusting the process. :)
  • RenaPink11
    RenaPink11 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    As I prepare to go for my run, I realized that with the new "week" of training (Week 3 Day 1 today) the training has upped.

Warmup (I skip as I warmed up with bodyweight workout) 1.5 min run, 1.5 min walk, 3 min run, 3 min walk, 1.5 min run, 1.5 min walk, 3 min run, 5 min cooldown.

THREE MINUTES?!?!?! I was struggling with 1.5! I'm really dreading this already but I best get going so I don't miss my work call in a short bit. Ugh. No dogs as BF isn't awake to take one and I can't take both while running.

My whiny butt did it. The first 1.5 was hard as there's an ever-so-slight hill once I'm out of my driveway and I didn't pace myself as well as I should've (I know better.... but I psyched myself out). It stays a fairly steady slight incline for about 1/2 mile. I was still on the incline when the first 3 minute run started, but I was prepared for it and paced myself much better. The second 1.5 minute run was on a much shorter, but steeper, hill so I was able to push to get to flat ground and continue going without too much of an issue. The final 3 minutes of running was heading home so down that ever-so-slight hill which allowed me to increase pace and really push to empty the tank. My time improved from that, too!

Awesome!!!!!
  • clprieur
    clprieur Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    RenaPink11 wrote: »

You're very welcome! I was recently diagnosed with B.E.D. after years and years of struggling. I begged for help for years and my dr at the time was not listening. I switched doctors about 3 years ago and Feb of 2022, I finally got up the courage to tell him that I needed help. He said "Ok, then let's get you some help" I cried. I found a doctor that would finally listen! He sent me to a dr here in town that specializes in nutrition and weight loss. I participate in their "Healthy Eating & Living Program" (HELP) and after a very long first session of answering all the questions and screenings, she sat me down and told me "your brain has different pathways than those that can control their hunger - your brain has learned to give you food as a "protector" - (childhood trauma) and is now sort of hard wired that way. But it's OKAY and I will help you." I cried again!! These doctors have changed my life and for the FIRST TIME in my 45 years, I feel that I can actually sustain this way of life for the rest of my life! The Vyvanse is used for binge eating as it was not originally intended for binge eating, but ADHD (which I have ADD, so Bonus!) but they found as a "side effect" it helps greatly with controlling binges. So it has been approved to be used for it. It has literally changed my life! It is expensive if your insurance doesn't cover it. I used their coupon program last year and then switched my insurance this year. I still have little breakthroughs, but I'm not downing 2,000 calories on a binge. Now it's few and far between (I've noticed when it should be my TOM is when it's greatest) I may hit an extra 300-400 calories. But I forgive myself and move on. I was embarrassed at first and didn't want anyone to know this about me. But someone out there is "me" and I know how it feels so I decided there's no shame and I'm sharing. ps. Insurance is required to cover "nutritional counseling" and this is what my HELP program falls under. My insurance will not cover any weight loss surgery. This medicine gave me the tool that I needed to continue getting healthier.

@renapink11 - Thanks so much for sharing this! Lucky for me I am going to see my psychiatrist on Thursday so I am definitely going to ask about this! Thanks again! (And yes, we are basically the same person.) :wink:

• deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,871 Member
    Options
    refactored wrote: »
    @deepwoodslady be careful with erythritol. The NIH released the results of a study they funded recently that suggested that higher blood levels of erythritol were associated with increased risk of heart attack and stroke. It seems to encourage blood clotting for a few days after eating it.
    https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/erythritol-cardiovascular-events

@refactored Wow! Thank you for the heads up. I also use Monk Fruit because it is natural but I understand it is very difficult to get hold of so it's actually usually cut with erythritol too. I think that just leaves Stevia and that leaves a bitter after taste. Why does it have to be so hard?