Respect for MFP girls who know what it is to give it all you

Options
Ran into my ex-girlfriend from high school today. She looked really good. I complemented her, we spoke for about 10 minutes, and that was that. For some reason, afterward, I was thinking, "Man she looks good." But then i thought, "Yeah but, she don't even WORKOUT?, what good is that?" I remember long ago I tried taking her jogging with me a few times but she would have none of it. She's not a lazy person but she doesn't know what it is to try hard and struggle to get through a workout. I don't like that about her. Props to all you MFP girls who know what it is to fight, to be down in the trenches and give it all you have. Much respect.

Replies

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    No offense, but I peeked at your profile and you're 36. It's been almost 20 years. I didn't work out in high school either, there's no telling what she does now.
  • dannylives
    Options
    No offense, but I peeked at your profile and you're 36. It's been almost 20 years. I didn't work out in high school either, there's no telling what she does now.

I talked to her for 10 minutes. She told me she still hates to workout, and doesn't. :)
  • suzieduh
    suzieduh Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm going to put it out there - I hate exercise
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    lol. Ill take props :P.
    I never worked out in high school, but damn, i certainly have to now.. & you know what, I wouldn't want it any other way!
  • ShannonTodd
    ShannonTodd Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    From those of us that bust our a**es to be healthier and in better shape, thank you. That's the best compliment a girl could ask for!! :smile:
  • HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    She looked good. Why does it matter how she got there, as long as she wasn't starving herself?
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Awww... I really needed this today! I hate exercise but I do it every day, because I love being a bad *kitten* who doesn't take it easy on herself!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Ran into my ex-girlfriend from high school today. She looked really good. I complemented her, we spoke for about 10 minutes, and that was that. For some reason, afterward, I was thinking, "Man she looks good." But then i thought, "Yeah but, she don't even WORKOUT?, what good is that?" I remember long ago I tried taking her jogging with me a few times but she would have none of it. She's not a lazy person but she doesn't know what it is to try hard and struggle to get through a workout. I don't like that about her. Props to all you MFP girls who know what it is to fight, to be down in the trenches and give it all you have. Much respect.

Best post of the day. :flowerforyou:

Now I gotta get in the shower because I'm drenched from working out. :drinker:
  • drjennelle
    drjennelle Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    thanks for this! i used to be really jealous of the girls i knew growing up who could eat whatever they want and be small, etc. now i look at those same girls and think - sure you can wear whatever clothes you want, but i bet your heart works like crap and you don't know what it means to push yourself to feel that burn ;) i sometimes hate that i struggle with health and fitness, but since the beginning of 2009 i have considered myself someone who cares about being healthy, and that makes me proud - i know i am doing more than i could be, and a lot more than i was. hopefully it means ill be around longer because of it :)
  • heatherzotigh
    Options
    Thanks! I love exercise and the way it makes me feel! after my last relationship and not having a partner who loved to workout--I could never be with someone again who didn't! Thankfully I don't have to worry about that tho--I am now married to a wonderful guy who workouts just as much as I do! :)
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I accept those props and return them whole-heartedly to those fine gentlemen who sweat it out with pride.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I have to say now that I am with a personal trainer three times a week, I feel like a bad *kitten*! I love it! Thanks for the respect :smile:
  • tmiqueen
    tmiqueen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I used to be super thin and athletic looking, even though I didn't really do much in the way of exercising beyond P.E. class.

Then I had kids.....

She's probably had to work to look like that now. ;o)
  • heatherzotigh
    Options
    She looked good. Why does it matter how she got there, as long as she wasn't starving herself?

just because your slender doesn't mean your healthy.. a skinny person who doesn't workout is at higher risk for health problems than a "thick" person who workouts regularly... so from a health standpoint it does matter..
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I worked out all the time in High School....LOVED IT!....then had babies and got lazy.....Im glad I have come out of it and Im glad I found MFP....Thank you for your respect :)
  • chatal36
    chatal36 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    It stinks that some people disagrred with him (just my opinion) .. he was giving a really awesome compliment.
    Thank you original poster !
  • AmyJo54915
    Options
    Awww... I really needed this today! I hate exercise but I do it every day, because I love being a bad *kitten* who doesn't take it easy on herself!

Amen sister!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    when someone starts off by saying "no offense" that means your about to say something craaaaaazy offensive.
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I used to work out in HS, and off an on for years. Now I am getting fitter every day! I will take the props.
  • mrnls
    mrnls Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thank you and right back at you. It's the appreciation for someone knowing the work they have put in.
    It ain't easy - but it's worth it!