Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Anyone doing the 75 Hard Challenge?

Hello is anyone currently doing or attempting the 75 hard challenge. Looking for folks who are on this journey with me for morale support. I am on my 4th attempt this week. Lol back on day 1. Maybe I need community to be successful or accountability.

Replies

• captainbelmont
    captainbelmont Posts: 3 Member
    I haven't done it before but have wanted to try. I'd be down to join you!
  • SunshineGRL76
    SunshineGRL76 Posts: 108 Member
    I would love to do this, although, what I am nervous about is 1.5 hours of working out a day. I hate failing at something and know my limits.
  • lazywild
    lazywild Posts: 8 Member
    Hi there
    I've started the 75hard yesterday. Looking for motivated people.
    I've completed this challenge 2years ago i loved it and really need to go back on this discipline.

and sorry for my bad english i'm french :p
  • BeccaJo25
    BeccaJo25 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm currently on Day 9. Scared to tell anyone I know face to face because I don't want them to know when I fail. I feel like that is the wrong mindset. My husband knows and has been extra supportive.
  • karakarra
    karakarra Posts: 1 Member
    Where do we get the workout plan for hard 75?
  • lazywild
    karakarra wrote: »
    Where do we get the workout plan for hard 75?

You can choose any workout you want. You just have to complete 2x45min each day
    One must be done outdoor

Don't start too hard you can count walk and yoga or stretching as a workout ;)
  • Lynden74
    Lynden74 Posts: 7 Member
    I recently did this, but quit at about day 30. I work 12 hour shifts so fitting in the workouts got pretty difficult (and they were light yoga and walking so not intense). I also found it was too much water for me so I switched to half my body weight in ounces. The daily progress photos only made me depressed and want to not leave the house so I stopped that after a couple weeks. I also found I was just reading halfheartedly and not getting much out of it just to say I did it. Many days I had to sacrifice sleep to fit everything in and then it felt like I started to go backwards health wise. I also ended up with tendonitis so had to take a break from walking.

Not wanting to discourage, just sharing my experience. I loved it at first, but it wasn't sustainable for me at this stage in my life.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 2,041 Member
    I completed it a couple years ago, but due to work schedules, it was unsustainable after that, and eventually all my bad habits came back (although I went into it for mental reasons, and those gains were not lost)!
    Currently on Day 48 of 114 after failing on day 39 by falling asleep before finishing the last 1.5 pages of my reading - went straight back to Day 1 the next day.
    This time I am doing the Live Hard year, and my reasons for doing the program are dramatically different than the first time around. I also already do a daily power list, so other than the showers, it's like phase 1 the entire time LOL.
    My "why" this time around is to take self discipline to a new level, and to integrate my fitness and health into my life. I've launched my business this year with my first contract that started in the new year, have my day job, and am trying to grow the business to eventually my f/t gig, with ideas for future expansions/businesses (not particularly related but more of a fun business idea). I knew going into this that I needed to step up my game - despite "working hard" I needed a new level of self discipline, and prioritizing my own health and fitness NEEDS to be a priority unless I want to end up like my mom in my mid-60's (NOT willing to live like she has to).
  • BeccaJo25
    75 Hard - reading Atomic Habits- after listening to his podcasts, he talks about the reading needs to be something you almost HAVE to take notes on, so I take notes during my reading session. Doing that and it takes more time but I feel like I get more out of it. I have a horrible habit of getting too sore with workouts and then quitting. My husband and I both have really worked on our habit of getting up earlier (4:30) since the new year to prioritize our workouts. Other things have not been great but we have done well with that. Day 11 today and I realize how nice it is to come to work already having my one workout done. Outdoor workout has consistently been walking. I tried running one day just parts and I might try again here in a day or two but I really want to focus on staying consistent with it. With three active teenager and as a full time high school teacher, planning has been my biggest strength. I have to plan every detail and I truly feel like that is why my husband won't join me on this journey. He doesn't want to have to think that far ahead.
  • louise5174
    louise5174 Posts: 1 Member
    I’m on day 6 would love some encouragement
  • BeccaJo25
    Still trucking along - Day 29 here - That's 4 weeks complete. I realize I didn't put strict enough diet guidelines but what I did, I am sticking to through this round of the challenge. I just told myself no straight sugars cause I realize I have a sugar addiction. No cakes, cookies, candy, donuts, etc. Had a couple of moments where it was difficult to say NO but I did it. Now reading the Obstacle is the Way. This is not easy but now that I am this far in, I am having a hard time with the idea of failing. Kind of worried about what my mindset will be like, if I fail. Hopefully I don't find out.
  • cherellebundziak
    cherellebundziak Posts: 28 Member
    I started 75 hard when I decided u was done with how I was living. I knew I needed a dramatic reset.
    I am currently on day 51!! Some days are harder than others. I work full time with a varied schedule and am a mom of two hockey players.
    The first 2 weeks were definitely the hardest. I was exhausted beyond anything I have ever felt.
    I am doing a high protein, low carb diet plan. I am making sure I meal prep because that is definitely a game changer.
    I weigh in once a week and as of day 50 I am down 18 pounds. My sugar cravings are pretty much gone. (I do enjoy a homemade protein peanut butter cup every Sunday evening as a treat for the week).
    Somedays the water is hard to get in so I'm chugging at the end of the day and then up in the night to go to the bathroom lol.
    I am pleased with my results and super pumped to see how far I've come. I currently have so much more energy and feel amazing. I'm rarely hungry, between the water and protein intake.
    So if you're on the fence, just push through and it does get better. Not easier, but more routine.
  • lazywild
    Day 24 here and it's getting easier.
    As said above the two first weeks are the hardest.

My outdoors workouts are simply brisk walking every morning except on sunday I go running. I'm planning to add more runs on the second month.
    Other workouts are Title Boxing 3 times a week and Yoga the other days and i feel so good with that routine.

The gallons of water are somedays hard to finish, getting up every night too :D

My diet is super clean, homemade real food, moderate in carb, high protein. No more sugar cravings.

I've lost 6.5lbs the three first weeks, weighing myself once a week on friday. My clothes already feel less tight and the daily progress pic is very motivating.