Chronic Starter Looking for Friends

Options
Hi everyone,
I'm Nelle. I'm a 29 year old female from NY who has been struggling on my weight loss journey since I was in my teens. I have a habit of staying committed for a while, then falling off the wagon and returning to my starting point over and over again. PCOS makes my battle even harder.

I'm aiming to lose around 80 pounds and tone, as well as build a healthy relationship with food.

I'm hoping to find friends and build a community where we can support and encourage each other :) Feel free to send me a message and a friend request.

This time, I AM going to STICK WITH IT and REACH MY GOAL!

Replies

• NikoBushido18
    NikoBushido18 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You got this! If you need help hit me up!
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    You got this! Everyday is a new day to make better choices, it doesn’t have to be all or nothing. what did you do in the past that worked? What did you do that didn’t work ? It’s trial and error. Don’t beat yourself up along the way. Just adjust and continue on..if you need support reach out… are you doing any specific plans currently?
  • NewAgeNelle
    NewAgeNelle Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You got this! Everyday is a new day to make better choices, it doesn’t have to be all or nothing. what did you do in the past that worked? What did you do that didn’t work ? It’s trial and error. Don’t beat yourself up along the way. Just adjust and continue on..if you need support reach out… are you doing any specific plans currently?

No specific plans. Just trying to eat consciously again and get my body moving. I suffered a knee injury back in October that I'm still attending PT for once a week, so that put a damper on things for a while.
  • MegoTull
    MegoTull Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You got this!!
  • Dovettaz
    Dovettaz Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Hi Nellie, I am also looking for support for the long haul. I have about 80 pounds to shed also. I start out with great will and motivation, lose 5 or 6 pounds and then....we have a social occasion, or go out to eat and I get side tracked. I really want to reach my long term goal and stay on track! I am thinking maybe setting a series of short term goals will help. Over eating one day is not the end of my diet. I am trying to exercise in the evenings, instead of snacking, and that has been helpful. I am a avid gardener and I really need to lose some of this weight to make it easier on my legs and knees. Maybe we could set a short term goal and encourage each other to reach it. I have been weighing myself everyday and I am thinking perhaps weighing once a week would be helpful. If you have any suggestions for maintaining motivation please share. Hopefully we can motivate each other! Thanks!!!
  • sunshineekg
    sunshineekg Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello to a fellow chronic re-starter. I'm 29 with roughly 50lbs to loose. I'm at my heaviest weight ever and realized how unhappy I am. I'm looking to get better control on my cravings and binge eating as well as get active again.
  • Aswennu
    Aswennu Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Are you me?! I have the same issues...once off track, I stay off track and gain everything back. Maybe we can help encourage each other :)
  • laurosaurusrex
    laurosaurusrex Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey Nelle. I’m Lauren from NJ :) I’m a serial starter as well and really trying to make this time stick and heal my relationship with food and exercise. Would love to be buddies!! I’ll send ya a friends request :)
  • Dovettaz
    Dovettaz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am new to navigating the community discussions, friends and messaging between friends. I thought I could retrieve and respond to messages from friends on this platform. Do I have to respond to messages via my own email? Thanks for any tips navigating this group support!
  • foliographerdoha
    foliographerdoha Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hello All the very best with your fitness journey