Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 218

Options

Replies

• deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,224 Member
    Options
    @quiltingjaine
    Sorry I don't know how to make these smaller. Let me know what you think.

6e5synmekgcu.png
    sbcv8ktkiy5j.png
    do8d5u4c9ufl.png
    w5wodiqxbq3r.png
    palta4ia080a.png

• jspecies11
    jspecies11 Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    @shmmm3 If you are going plant based for a while, consider taking a Vit B 12 supplement. I suggest you read about it rather than take my advice of course.
  • shmmm3
    shmmm3 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    @jspecies11 Thank you for the recommendation. I started taking a multivitamin to be safe since I do not know what I'm doing yet. I appreciate any and all advice about plant-based eating. Have you been doing it for awhile?
  • gomifune
    gomifune Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Highest weight: 206
    Goal weight: 146

Round 212 end weight: 200.7
    Round 213 end weight: 198.7
    Round 214 end weight: 196.9
    Round 215 end weight: 191.9
    Round 216 end weight: 190.0
    Round 217 end weight: 187.5

3/23 188.5
    3/24 187.9
    3/25 188.2
    3/26 188.5
    3/27 187.0
    3/28 186.2
    3/29 186.6
    3/30
    3/31
    4/1
  • GirlOnTheRebound
    GirlOnTheRebound Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    @GirlOnTheRebound I have told this neighbor many times that we don’t eat flour or sugar including most fruit. She brought 10 oranges, dates, figs, and calamansi - all loaded with sugar as well as crackers, pretzels and cookies! I much preferred when she brought eggs and peanut butter! The bag of food is going to our daughter’s school to be placed in the teachers’ lounge.

Goodness! Very happy you have found a way to pay it forward.
  • GirlOnTheRebound
    Options
    musicsax wrote: »
    As I prepare to go for my run, I realized that with the new "week" of training (Week 3 Day 1 today) the training has upped.

Warmup (I skip as I warmed up with bodyweight workout) 1.5 min run, 1.5 min walk, 3 min run, 3 min walk, 1.5 min run, 1.5 min walk, 3 min run, 5 min cooldown.

THREE MINUTES?!?!?! I was struggling with 1.5! I'm really dreading this already but I best get going so I don't miss my work call in a short bit. Ugh. No dogs as BF isn't awake to take one and I can't take both while running.

@CamandJarvis I did C25K a few years ago and found the schedule I was using (and others I looked at) progressed much to quickly for me. So I often repeated weeks or made my own in-between weeks. I also read a lot about half- and full marathon training, and one of well known marathon coaches (I think Hal Higden or something like that) encouraged the continuing use of intervals regardless of distance and experience. I came to love my “wuns” —and I had never liked running before — and I’m sure it was because I didn’t push too hard. I eventually ran several 5Ks, a 10k, and a half marathon using walk 1 minute, run 2-3 minutes, depending on how it was going. My times weren’t lightning fast, but I was in the top half of the pack for my age group, so respectable. All of which is to say don’t feel bound to someone else’s training schedule. Give your body and mind time to adjust to what YOU need.

Another thing I found REALLY helpful—I got an inexpensive interval timer that clipped on. There are probably apps, too, but I like the little dedicated gadget. It beeps when you’re due to change speeds so you don’t have to keep looking at your phone or watch. I also found the running easier when I didn’t know how many seconds I had left!

I’m planning to start “wunning” again, probably in late April. I’m building walking time and distance right now.

Anyway, good luck! It does get to be fun!

I also did the C25K a couple of years ago, it was during late 2020/1 I think? Definitely during Covid. A fellow poster in this challenge (sorry I can't remember who it was - my memory is not as good as it was - I put it down to age !!) said that she was going to do it and anyone was welcome to join her virtually. Rashly (cuz I hate running) I said I would, slept on it, realised that I had opened my mouth without thinking and decided I would tell her that I had changed my mind. Well, before I posted that change of heart I read her next day post saying how pleased she was I was doing it too and that we would be support for each other, how could I let her down then? So I started it; if you use the actual free App whilst doing each days work out, it tells you how long to walk for a warm up, how long each interval of walks and runs/jogs are and then talks you through the cool down. There were several days/weeks that I had to repeat because they were too hard/too much of a jump in running duration. But I did complete the 5K at the end, I was elated, but I still hated running, so once I'd achieved that 5K I stopped running!!

youdmzp4o7w7.png

If that person who I was virtually running with is still in the group, I do not mean to offend you, it was truly an achievement for me, but also not one I wish to repeat lol!! :D

Scratched of your bucket list lol. I feel the same about planks. I tried it. I hated it. I stopped. Maybe one day I will revisit.
  • GirlOnTheRebound
    Options
    shaumom wrote: »
    Didn’t make my weight goal last time, but made all the other goals. Hoping I can manage all the goals this time around.

R217 3/22/23 end weight: 259.6

R218: starting weight: 260.2
    R218: ending weight:

Goals:
    Lose 4 lbs
    outside 30 minutes daily
    activity 30 minutes daily
    2 cups of iron tea

Day, Weight, Comment

3/23 - 260.2 30 min outside, 30 min activity, 2 cups of iron tea
    3/24 - 259 30 min outside, 30 min activity, 2 cups of iron tea
    3/25 - 258.4 30 min outside, 30 min activity, 2 cups of iron tea