My story at a second chance at life....photos

Options

Replies

• abbyy182
    Options
    what a story, hope everything works out for you, you look absolutely fabulous !! :)
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Wow -just wow!
  • littleenginethatcan
    Options
    What an amazing story. Thank you for sharing it. I'm tearing up from all the BS you went through. However, I am extremely proud of you for standing up for yourself and giving yourself permission to be happy! You are beautiful, both in your photos and spirit!
  • Ralstonk2
    Ralstonk2 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. I think a happy ending is in sight. You are so cute. Enjoy your new life, you deserve it. Blessings to you!
  • Geordie_Girl
    Geordie_Girl Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's some story. You're a very brave and strong lady.

Your pictures are amazing! You've done so well!
  • DawnOBRN
    DawnOBRN Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Good for you for not letting those horrible things that happened keep you down!!
    What an inspiration you are!
    Plus-you are beautiful!!!
    Congrats on everything you have accomplished!
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your story with everyone. I can say that I know for sure, I can do anything..not just this..as you prove in what you have been through. I encourage you to keep at it, you are a TOTAL inspiration and I am thrilled that you have once again found your light.
  • sairanasir
    sairanasir Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Never give up in life! you did the right thing and you look great Way to go!!, you deserve the best of everything. He is the Loser!
  • KelJo1026
    KelJo1026 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an inspiration! Thank you for sharing.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story and you look absolutely BEAUTIFUL!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    It has taken me sometime to able to tell my story because it is full of pain....something I never dreamed I would go through. It is crazy how in a year your world can turn upside down,but I have decided if my story can help someone else it is worth it. hen my life started to change if others looked at it they would say the perfect story book life. A husband of 26 years that was the love of my life,Three beautiful children and grandchildren,The big fine home,New car....southern Living magazine is the best way to explain it.Then in a year it all changed. It started with the death of my mom that was my best friend .Not only her death,but me being there when it was happening and watching it.hen something like this happens you need the ones you love and I should have known something was wrong when I called my husband and he couldn't come be with .I guess I was not wanting to see the truth. I went back to my home still totally broken and living a depressing live.Mothersday was very hard,but my husband,daughter and i decided to go eat out. Of course being a holiday we had a long wait so we decided to go to a sports store and look around.Little did I know this would once again change my life. As we were walking through the store they had these huge cutting boards like you use for cutting Deer(6x4) set up in the middle isle.As I walked by they started to fall.Three of them feel and crushed my right ankle.Here I sit with blood running down my ankle and can't walk. I ended up on crutches. A few months later i had a son getting married in Texas and I knew no matter what I had to be there. YEP you guessed it..the husband just couldn't go. The day of my sons wedding as we were on the way I was in a head on collision. Here I lay in a hospital A crushed ankle and now a car wreck. I called home again and falling apart i needed the man in my life,BUT he just couldn't get away. hat do I do? How do I get home? I feel so helpless.Needless to say I made it home alone with no help from anyone.I knew God made me a tough woman,but I sure didn't know I had this strength. Now im sitting at home so bruised up and that i can hardly use my crutches....Just lock myself up right? No not hard headed me I had to get out....we had rode out to my daughters to visit just to get out,but when we returned it was dark I didn't know that my husband had propped a ten pound weight under the carport. As I walk by it falls on my toe and crushes the end off......blood going every where and my toe barley holding on I head to the ER once again.they sew my toe back on,but the pain was horrible. Now I have a crushed ankle,beat up and bruised up from the wreck and a toe crushed on the other foot.I really thought just let me die. I can't do anything...im now in a wheel chair and on pain medication.i started to gain weight and gain more weight.I can't really move much at all so what could I do? It couldn't get worse could it? You darn right it did....not long after this maybe a few months I started to bleed?OMG what can be wrong now? Once again I went to see my doctor....I bleed eleven weeks before they decided I needed a complete hysterectomy.God please not surgery...I knew at this point I had all I could take.I would be layed up in bed and recovering for eight long weeks.Laying in bed gaining more weight.If I hadn't been depressed enough it had really set in now for sure. I tried so hard to pick myself up and move on with my life. It had to get better....NOT....just three months after my recovery my husband of 27 years kisses me good bye one morning and walks out that night never to return.I found out he had been cheating for sometime.I felt I had lost everything in my life and had no reason to live.

1-1.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    3-1.jpg
    4-2.jpg
    5-2.jpg
    6-2.jpg

After a few months of wanting to die I decided to live!!!!!! I looked in the mirror and ask who are you? I searched deep inside and remembered who I was and what I loved to do before I met my husband. I loved to hike,dance,workout and that is just what I did. I joined a gym ,started to eat right and LIVE again. Oh it wasn't easy...the court dates are still going on after 16 months.My ankle and toe both still hurt when I walk,run and exercise BUT I will and have not gave up. Im living again in away I never have. I LOVE me now and continue to grow each day. I know one day God will send me that special man to enjoy my life with,but while I wait I am thankful for the chance for a second life.

7.jpg
    8.jpg
    9.jpg
    10.jpg

I have lost about ten more pounds since this photo...it is time for a photo shoot....
    I know if I can do this anyone can....I would love to be here for you and hope more story gives you hope.
    I'm reposting this with smaller images for Southernsister so everyone can see the pictures.
    Isn't she incredibe?!?! Sooo proud of her!
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    what an amazing story and an even more amazing woman!! good for you for getting your life back, you look amazing!!
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    your dog had to have died!

Look up, Get up and dont ever give up!
  • Southernsister
    Southernsister Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    The dog didn't die,but he was an inside pet and my hubby wouldn't let him out to potty so he threw him out for good since I couldn't get up and walk him.
  • Southernsister
    Southernsister Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Thanks my friend...your are great also.
  • NLG139
    Options
    Stunning
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Damn lady, you are HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make that man regret every second!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kelly_1981
    Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I just want to say a few things. 1.I dont get teary when I read that I think "I LOVE this women" You are a strong independent women and you make me glad that I have read your story! I love that you are starting to find you again. My Mum has gone through a simular thing my Dad and her I thought were un touchable I mean they used to make me feel sick with how touchy they were! Anyway to cut a long story short he did the same as that *kitten* of a husband that you had. He walked out and left her a broken women after 28 years of marriage and I was terrified for her I am proud to say that my Mum is doing well and is living again!

2. You look AMAZING! I love your shoes ;-)

Thankyou for sharing x
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Damn lady, you are HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make that man regret every second!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree!!! And my husband of 13 years wonders why I keep saying I look for him to just walk out the door one day..................
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!