Sheet pan chicken with cauliflower and olives question

Options
I'm new to this counting macros and I need help. I'm meal prepping the sheet pan chicken with cauliflower and olives under the recipes and it says it serves 4.
How do I adjust it to 1 serving in my diary?
Also how do I know how much 1 serving is??? 😫 thank you for your help.

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    I would ignore how many serving sizes the recipe says - just weigh everything you are using and then weigh the final product.

Use the recipe builder

If you eat a quarter of that, it was 4 servings - if you eat it all it was 1 etc
  • shekicksass
    shekicksass Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ok thank you. I'm still waiting on my scale to arrive so I'll research appropriate serving sizes and try to use a measuring cup/cups
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    If you’re the only one eating it, does the serving size matter? When I used to cook, I’d meal prep and have the calories calculated. Then I’d just make how ever servings I needed. To me it did t make much difference if one day was 150 grams and the next was 200, when by the end of the week it all got eaten.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,013 Member
    Options
    Are you using a database entry created by MFP for that recipe, or are you creating the recipe entry yourself? If the latter, follow the advice above.

If the former, just log one serving and divide the dish into four roughly equal portions -- it doesn't matter if you don't eat exactly one-fouth each time, if you're going to eat the entire amount eventually.

If the database entry created by MFP is for the entire recipe, just log 0.25 servings.