How to lose 8 - 10 pounds in 3 weeks?

Options
Ashlove5
Ashlove5 Posts: 152 Member
edited April 2023 in Health and Weight Loss
Yes I know it’s not healthy but so isn’t my life style now. I want to drop weight faster because I want to look better for the summer and feel good overall. So please give me tips and tricks that you did to lose 10 pounds within 3 weeks. I also wanna do it in a healthy way. No weird diets.

Replies

• Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    Summer starts in 3 weeks?
  • Ashlove5
    Options
    Where in this post did I state summer starts in 3 weeks?
  • Ashlove5
    Options

But i get it my wording could’ve possibly made you confused lol!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,918 Member
    Options
    Not that hard really. You'll need to be in an aggressive deficit, around a 1000 calorie deficit and keep in mind a lot of the 3 week weight loss will be water weight. Possibly upwards of 5 lbs of water weight especially if you reduce your carb intake. After the initial weight loss I would suggest to go back to a reasonable calorie deficit of say 500 calories and expect a little weight gain but that should work if you actually get all your ducks in a row. If your on medication for anything I suggest talking to your PCP is in order. Cheers.
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    No.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    OP, what are your stats? Height, weight, etc.?

And listen to the above ^^ advice because it's all good. Especially "slow the bus down" - love that! Fast weight loss is tempting in a way, but time proves that it's ultimately pretty fruitless. You punish yourself for several weeks and then say "the heck with this" and throw it all out the window.
  • nappingcatpress
    nappingcatpress Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Cut out added sugar; you'll be shocked. Not ALL sugar, but anywhere you can. My daily coffee was adding over 300 calories alone, and the resulting insulin turbulence caused me to be starving throughout the day, so I'd be grabbing snacks just to keep my energy up. I cut out 90% of my refined and added sugar, which, after 2 weeks, got my system normalized. One thing you learn is the difference between hunger and craving. Cut sugar for 3 weeks, and by then, you find how much better you feel, much more energy, and generally happier. Down 17#, in 52 days. But I also walk an average of 18000 steps for work, and go to the gym a couple times a week, so diet is a very big part of it.
  • StaciInGa
    StaciInGa Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    The only true answer is increase your activity/calories burned. I don't know your stats or what is a realistic deficit for you. But to lose 10 pounds in 3 weeks you need a caloric deficit of 1,667 per day. So you need to be burning 3000++ daily. As for food in, aim for lean protein, high fiber to help you stay full, satiated, and energetic.
  • sbelletti
    sbelletti Posts: 213 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Eat less. Move more. How much depends entirely on your stats, so if you will post your age, gender, height and weight here, you'll get more helpful responses.
  • GarysGirl78
    GarysGirl78 Posts: 107 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Just because I like to give positive feedback, I lost ~15lbs in the past 33 days just by increasing my exercise (HIIT, running, cycling) and cleaning up my food intake.

Yes I had a calorie deficit (~600/700 daily), but more importantly I cut out most processed foods and tracked my macros (5 out of 7 days low carb, high protein - 2 days of 'high' carb to boost my energy).

Now this is sort of a crash diet and the idea is - once I've reached my ideal weight - to slowly increase daily carb intake to maintenance levels (30-40% daily, different for everyone). But I don't think it necessarily means it's 'unhealthy'. In fact, because I slowly increased my daily exercise and cleaned up my food intake drastically, I think it's very healthy (just not cheap ;) ).

So, yes it's possible (10 lbs in 3-4 weeks), but you'll have to put in the effort (in more than 1 way). :)

Btw, I'm 5'6" and had ~30lbs to lose when I started this ^^
  • GarysGirl78
    GarysGirl78 Posts: 107 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    If you only had a 700 Cal a day deficit on average over the past 33 days, the maximum amount of fat you could have lost is 6.6lbs, not 15.

You either have a much larger deficit, or,
    you're also counting in some of the water weight changes that accompany you low carb/high carb eating, or,
    you have a measurement problem, or,
    a combination of the above

Losing a lb of fat requires at least 3500Cal of deficit and that already takes into account that it would contain a bit less than 453.6g of 9Cal per g fat... But 33*700=23100 🤷‍♂️

Where did I say it was all fat loss??

Maybe you're right though, my deficit may have been larger, I may have forgotten an exercise here and there and I honestly haven't studied my calorie intake that thoroughly. I'll review my weekly reports. I've been focussing on macros, not calories though. All I know I was running at a deficit.

It may have been a lot of water weight, I was on a 1200 cal diet in the 2 months prior to starting this journey while exercising (cardio) almost daily. I fully believe my body was in starvation mode, which caused me to only gain weight instead of lose. When I started focussing on my macros rather than calories, I recalculated my TDEE and increased my cal goal accordingly. Never hit the cal goal though. Couldn't eat more than I did.

Just wanted to let the topic starter know you can actually lose 8 pounds in 3 weeks.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,632 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Nothing to see here. Simultaneous edits cause problems sometimes.