LESS Alcohol ~ APRIL 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,898 Member
    Options
    Ready for April

4/4/2023
    [Noted yesterday]I'm already claiming today as AF. Gotta get started and ignore the triggers.
    Yeah! That worked....:) AF! Mental mind games. It's funny. Once you put your mind to it, it's fairly easy. When your mind isn't committed, is easy to waiver. I came home and immediately poured my substitute wine (Ocean Spray 5 calorie juice) and proceeded to cook dinner. My husband came in and out of nowhere said, lets have a shot of Maker's Mark. I said no thank you, but go right ahead. He didn't. Then later on in the evening we were watching Jeopardy and the final Jeopardy question comes on and he says...if I get this right, you have to take a shot. It was like the devil incarnate! I said no!

The Month recap to stay accountable
    4/1
    My plan starts/restarts tomorrow.... Mayo Clinic "diet" . Today wasn't so bad. Had 6 ounce filet and asparagus and two glasses of wine for dinner. I have only one bottle of wine left in my house and I don't plan to buy any more this month.....
    4/2/2023
    Well.... the day was actually going well. I had a couple of breakfast sausage for breakfast (not the best choice but I haven't been shopping yet). For lunch, cobb salad and for dinner Chicken with a southwest salad. All meals accompanied by water! I made it until 8:30pm when my husband came home from work. He cracked open a beer and started recapping his negative day... so two glasses appeared .... bottle is almost empty🙂
    4/3/2023
    I skipped breakfast, considering IF again. if only to kick start some action. Good for lunch (leftover Chicken and Salad) and dinner was an airfried pork chop and broccoli. Husband turned on the NCAA championship game and make Pomegranate Sours. I had one and a half (about 6 ounces).

My 2023 Stats...
    AF = 1
    A = 3
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    January
    AF = 53%
    A = 47%
    February
    AF = 29%
    A = 71%
    March
    AF = 0%
    A = 100%
    April
    AF = 25%
    A = 75%

@Missmay
    "SIGH" you should have seen his face when I turned it down . I told him he was going to have to drink this one tonight. And he did gladly. A save for me 💪
    Sounds like my evening! Kudos to you for staying strong!

@GaryM_25
    That won't be too diet friendly of a day. I've got planned Classic Deviled Eggs, Mediterranean Kale Arugula Salad, Moroccan Lamb Meatballs with Harissa, Garlic Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Lemon Pepper Asparagus, and for dessert, a colorful Baklava Cheesecake recipe that I'm going to try.

What time is dinner? 🙂

My plans sound similar.
    Kale Walnut Feta Salad
    Roasted Red Potatoes
    Lamb Chops
    Crab & Bacon Linguine (New recipe I'm trying)
    I didn't even consider dessert as I normally don't prepare....but I will add something.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,557 Member
    Options
    @forestdweller1
    Oh, falafels!! Yummy. I haven't had those in awhile, but I love them. I have never made them from scratch, dried from a box or frozen over here. I grew up in Toronto where there are falafel places everywhere (and Roti shops).
    Hindu people do drink alcohol, beer and whiskey. The last time that I actually ate in the Spice Hut restaurant with a friend we brought Proscecco which went quite well with the food.

@globalhiker
    Oh my gosh, I am very excited about your fall trip!! It will be here before you know it.
  • GaryM_25
    GaryM_25 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    itladyee wrote: »
    ...hopefully not to challenging to find at my local grocery.

And yes, same here, wine constituted my empty calories and I usually opted for the wine vs dessert.

I ordered next-day Amazon yesterday.

Indeed. I'd pick red wine as my empty calories. This is what I really, really am working to change.