Attempting humor or just all out rude?

2»

Replies

• i think she was trying to make conversation.. take it for what it is, don't read into everything so much you'll drive yourself crazy!
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    i was hungry. :cry:

:laugh:
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    yep I don't think she meant 'you' and in you personally
  • ps...thanks, now i'm hungry :)
    and Kudos for giving blood!!
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    I don't think she was being rude to you, just being greedy and obnoxious!! You were very restrained, I would have been less so.
    Well done!!
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    I eat about 3 treats and stash more in my purse. lol :) I got for the treats more than helping lives.

Seriously??
  • She was cracking a joke.... why are people so uptight? lighten up!
  • i think she was just making lite conversation and would have said that to anyone that happened to be sitting there. I don't think she meant it personally

I second.
  • I don't think she was being rude to you, just being greedy and obnoxious!! You were very restrained, I would have been less so.
    Well done!!

Out of curiosity, how is taking 2 snacks and making conversation obnoxious??
  • I think that eating portions to the big girl can be a sensitive topic, but I thought it was a hilarious form of small talk.

I of course should not speak of sensitivity I never saw the movie Dumbo because it had elephants and I was fearful of possibly watching Ugly Betty...but got over the Ugly Betty and watched the entire series. Still have not seen Dumbo, though. And I would never wear anything that even remotely looked like a moo moo. And have a series of fat cliche avoidings ( like feeling like all eyes are on me at an all you can eat buffet) too numerous to count. To hear save the whales would trigger rabid behavior from me and I would literally want to bite.

I guess it could be taken personally...or misunderstood easily...
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    I have read it three times to try and see if you are seriously asking if she was being rude, do you mean rude to YOU? or rude in taking two things to eat? If you for one minute think she was being rude to YOU, then you are in a place of such massive sensitivity that you might want to talk to someone about it, and if you mean about her taking two things, then there are a lot worse things people can do and after all, she gave blood which is a good thing to do so balances out the kind of sneaky taking of an extra treat don't you think?
  • @ fionat29
    > totally off topic, but your ticker is looking good and your pic shows of a shiny fit healthy woman! You go girl! 4 lbs to goal. Great job!
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    I think she was being funny and you were rude.

Huh? No - I did not answer her rudely.

I was probably being overly sensitive. History, perspective, and all that.

I think she could have interpreted what you said the same way you interpreted what she said.

Like "I don't know *I'VE* never tried" ... That does sound quite snotty.
  • i was hungry. :cry:

Just ;love it! LMFAO well not my AO...I wish! LOLOLOL
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    I seriously doubt she *really* wanted 10 friggin snacks...she wanted 2...so she took 2...and probably felt semi-guilty for doing so which is why she lightened the moment up by asking if they would stop a person from taking 10. It's called being lighthearted.

78533.jpg
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    I think she was being funny and you were rude.

Huh? No - I did not answer her rudely.

I was probably being overly sensitive. History, perspective, and all that.

I think she could have interpreted what you said the same way you interpreted what she said.

Like "I don't know *I'VE* never tried" ... That does sound quite snotty.

Oh - gotcha. No - I for sure did not answer her like that. Sorry, I should have included that in my original post. I was kinda laughing when I answered but then got confused when she stopped talking to me!

For some of the other comments - thanks so much - but there is no need for concern that I need to talk with anyone about my hyper-sensitivity. All my therapists tell me my meds are working well. :wink:

I should re-introduce myself on the boards...

Hi - I am Jules - I am sarcastic quite often - but in general - easy going. I would absolutely not be intentionally rude to someone else that just donated life-saving blood. I am WAY bored today and the subject was a thought that crossed my mind (due to my perspective and history of being obese) when the lady stopped talking to me - so I figured why not post about it in one of my fave places where other fun people are sure to see the humor in the situation. Evidently I should have included more detail or just not posted. ***Exits the forums :blushing: ***

Have a great weekend!!!
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    At some point later, she was talking to someone else and she said, "...trying to make conversation and she was like, "nah nah nah nah", well excuse me for trying to make small talk!"
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    So, now that I know that at LEAST two people have donated blood, I'm going to resume drinking. My liver is weeping.
  • InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Ah, OK, I'll dust off my donor card and re-register. And we do it all for a cup of weak tea and a stale biscuit!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    It doesn't sound like she meant, "let me ask the fat lady a rude question". It sounds like she wanted 10 of them and would have said the same thing to someone who weighs 90 lbs.

Don't you think?

That's the way I took it.