LESS Alcohol ~ APRIL 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• mfowler883
    mfowler883 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Last night was one NA IPA with dinner, one IPA after and a small glass of rum while reading before bed. Been trying to do better about keeping up with logging food and taking my supplements, and being more consistent. In a couple of weeks we're going to Jazz & Juleps, a little event at Bayou Bend with outdoor meandering in the gardens while a jazz band performs, and I'm hoping to drop a few pounds before then. I'm not seeing it on the scale yet but I feel like I'm doing better than I was and should start to see the changes happening again.
    joans1976 wrote: »
    I am going for a free Reiki massage tonight offered at the cancer center. I have never experienced Reiki before so I’m excited to see what it’s like.
    I know of Reiki but not much about it, do tell us how it goes!

-m
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    Today was much better than yesterday. I was busy at work and kept up well. Tomorrow will be even more busy as we'll be down 3 people. I had a few drinks with DH while we all played a family game. I'm getting excited for the weekend!

4/1- 4 beers
    4/2- NA
    4/3- NA
    4/4- 4 drinks
    4/5- NA
    4/6- 3 rum drinks
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    So much is going with everyone this week! Love all the inspiring posts and thanks for being here.

Had a crazy busy week so far and have been AF - will have 2 glasses of planned red wine tonight and relax with a Netflix movie.

@Womona - Like you, we are not hosting a large group for brunch or dinner this holiday weekend after it seems like over a dozen and a half years we have.

@RockinRobyn672 you are really rocking the AF days so far!

April accountability: total of 20-22 days AF this month
    AF - 4
    A - 1

Goal: Limit 2 glasses per day
    Personal best - 1-2 glasses
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,557 Member
    Options
    I am Dawn, I live in South Eastern British Columbia.
    I joined this thread in November of 2018, a daily drinker at the time
    My primary goal with drinking less is weight loss.

My usual goal is 16-20 AF days for the month,
    I had 17AF days in March.

I do this diary style, I normally post the next morning.

Thursday April 06 - AF - Planned drinks on the weekend

Rolling total: 4AF days out of 6 days.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,557 Member
    Options
    @forestdweller1

Thank you for your empathy.
    Like you, I have had a great life and wouldn't change anything.
    My life choices don't lead to wealth at this stage of the game.

Yes, it seems that Muslims and Sikhs don't drink : - )
    Apparently there is nothing prohibited for Hindus except for beef. Those (Hindus) that come into Spice Hut order either Indian beer, or...Budweiser! A few of them order whiskey.
    Spice Hut serves beef, but the chefs are Hindu, so I get to be the taster : - )

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    GaryM_25 wrote: »
    Last night, I had saved up enough calories to go out for a salad poke bowl with my wife. Like the other few favorite yet affordable places my wife and I would go out to on weekdays, this poke restaurant doesn't serve alcohol. Often during the week, I had no interest in a cocktail or glass of wine with dinner out because I had already drunk some during the day. I often ate a larger portion, often because it "didn't matter."

Now, I found it easier to just enjoy the meal and to be satisfied with less of a portion.

It makes my heart happy to hear this! I love how committed you are to your weight loss, healthy eating, and cutting out alcohol. Having less than you normally would and still being satisfied is very powerful- and encouraging!!!!