Ozempic Users?

Options

Replies

• Sandie2102
    Sandie2102 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It’s very interesting for me to hear of your experiences. I don’t know how this is going to work out for me, but I am hopeful. Today I’m not hungry, but I’ve decided to log my foods and calories just to see what I’m eating. It seems I am eating under 1000 cal. Which I would normally never do . I certainly don’t want to make myself sick. I do have some side effects but in my case because I am on other medications and have other health issues I feel nauseous a lot of the time anyway. By dropping some weight I’m hoping to get off some of these drugs . I would love to gain some energy. For me, ozempic is not a Long-term solution. At least I don’t think so. I want to be mindful of what I eat and control my appetite eventually on my own. Ozempic is giving me a way to get started on this journey to a healthier life. It’s very funny that four weeks ago I had never even heard of this drug. My doctor mentioned it to me during an appointment and asked me if I might consider it for obesity . Soon after, I was diagnosed with diabetes which shocked me. The doctor prescribed ozempic. The decision was made for me. I’m hoping to take a class concerning the diabetes. I don’t know much about it.

It's very easy to eat too few calories now. I find that I do best when I focus on eating the protein and veg first then add in the carbs...at least by the time I get full, I have consumed the healthiest part of my food. I also found that Ginger Gravol works well, if I have any nausea (only happen once after a shot, and if I eat any greasy foods). If you read up on or take a class about diabetes you will learn so much. I work with a dietician as part of my plan and each meeting we discuss various aspects of healthy eating, maintaining a healthy meal plan, how food will look going forward as it pertains to the rest of my life etc. I've learned about insulin reactions and how foods work together to fuel us. Lot's of great info ( and that is just from my dietician, not even a diabetes counsellor, since I am not diabetic). Imformation is power!!!
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Sandie,
    I’m so glad to hear about what works for you. I’m seeing my doctor in another Two weeks and she’ll probably refer me to a diabetes class at the hospital.
    I’ve been on ozempic for 10 days now. My appetite definitely fluctuates a lot. I seem to be starving, then after a little bit feeling full. I’m so worried that the drug won’t work for me. I’ve developed a huge appetite, especially this last year. Logging my food was difficult today. I was babysitting my grandkids and served them a lot of food. I tried to log what I ate. The calories were ok, but I think I ate too many carbs for someone with diabetes. I can’t wait to take that class at the hospital.
    I feel unsure if I’m making the correct diet changes . I may look into seeing a dietitian.
    Sorry this sounds like I’m complaining. I’m very happy to be given this chance.
  • Sandie2102
    Options
    Sandie,
    I’m so glad to hear about what works for you. I’m seeing my doctor in another Two weeks and she’ll probably refer me to a diabetes class at the hospital.
    I’ve been on ozempic for 10 days now. My appetite definitely fluctuates a lot. I seem to be starving, then after a little bit feeling full. I’m so worried that the drug won’t work for me. I’ve developed a huge appetite, especially this last year. Logging my food was difficult today. I was babysitting my grandkids and served them a lot of food. I tried to log what I ate. The calories were ok, but I think I ate too many carbs for someone with diabetes. I can’t wait to take that class at the hospital.
    I feel unsure if I’m making the correct diet changes . I may look into seeing a dietitian.
    Sorry this sounds like I’m complaining. I’m very happy to be given this chance.

Not complaining at all. There is no one size fits all (don't we all know that) solution to getting to the weight that we all want to live life at. I know it's hard, but really focus on the water intake and try to eat slowly, like super slowly. My doctor did mention that Ozempic doesn't always work for everyone, or maybe the dosage isn't correct for you. It might be another version of the same drug will work. But don't give up.
  • joelleklemer
    joelleklemer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am at week 5 of Ozempic and I just started my 0.5 today. I am at 180lbs for 5ft4. I don’t think I have lost anything yet. My goal is to get to 120lbs.
    I stress eat and I have to do a lot of sports to lose weight. The second I slow down on sport, I gain weight. It is a bit depressing since constantly going to the gym or jogging or else can be time consuming when you always have a very packed schedule. I have been skinny my whole life except the 4 last years where I gain 15 pounds a year.
    I few nauseous but I always feel nauseous and I vomit very easily.
    The positive point is since it makes my body digest slowly, I no longer run to the bathroom.
    I use to have IBS/diarrhea and now I haven’t run for a toilet in 5 weeks.

Hopefully it will work for me
  • joelleklemer
    joelleklemer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Another side effect is -> I am so tired all the time… my diet hasn’t changed much but I am completely drained and could fall asleep anywhere at anytime
  • Runninggrl67
    Runninggrl67 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I like light and lively yogurt and a handful of blueberries or raspberries for a protein snack. I’ve lost 10 pounds in my first week but I was also sick with covid. It does help with appetite. I take a stool softener every day to prevent constipation and drink lots of ice water. It also helps with making me feel less hungry with meals. Also, making a really tasty salad to get into throughout the week. It helps with my over eating.
  • Sandie2102
    Options
    Another side effect is -> I am so tired all the time… my diet hasn’t changed much but I am completely drained and could fall asleep anywhere at anytime

I get that. I'm tired (but I have a form of anemia so I'm always tired) but I'm falling asleep in the evenings now.
  • NatalieBkk
    NatalieBkk Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello! I’m just wondering if everyone taking Ozempic also exercise regularly?

Last Friday my doctor put me on Phentermine 15mg, I took it 3 years and 11 years ago for 2-3 months rich time, but this time it has no effect on me. My doctor said she wants to put me on Ozempic next month and I’m hoping it will work better than the Phentermine. I am also going to the gym 3-4 times a week and my goal is to lose around 40lbs.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Is anyone afraid of “Ozempic face”? I keep hearing about it and while a magic bullet would be great, fillers are already so expensive! Doing something to deliberately need more cosmetic work seems counterintuitive.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    badnoodle wrote: »
    I had a really depressing conversation with real-life friends yesterday. We were talking about food, and I mentioned how I missed pasta and rice, but that Ozempic was really helping me stick to a low(er) carb diet. And they absolutely went off on me! Things like how I was "unfairly privileged" to have access to it; I was "embracing fat-phobic diet culture"; and how "you're just signing up for a lifetime drug habit". To be fair, they did walk back a lot of that when I reminded them that I'd recently been diagnosed with t2 diabetes and really wanted to keep all my toes for the rest of my life.

But wow, the judgement and negativity from avowedly liberal people who actively support drug therapy for mental illness and drug addiction was EYE OPENING. I almost think I would have gotten less judgment if I casually admitted to using recreational ketamine on a regular basis.

Probably. Many posters here (not taking Ozempic, etc.) have mentioned negative reactions when discussing weight loss with friends/family.

Sorry that happened to you. I'm surprised they didn't walk it ALL back after you reminded them about your diabetes diagnosis.