Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 219

Options

Replies

• shmmm3
    shmmm3 Posts: 255 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    RND 219

Lifestyle goals: Only whole plant foods and never any calorie-rich and processed (CRAP) foods. No animal products at all of I can help it. It started as a short term challenge in this group to reduce inflammation but has bloomed into a lifestyle. Strength train or yoga 10 minutes every morning.

This round's challenges:
    💤10 days of bed by 10💤
    Dr. Greger's Daily Dozen Checklist app 🥦🫚🍎🥔🏃🍵🍞🧄💤

👍👍This is NOT A DIET. It’s MY NEW LIFESTYLE! :)

4/2 125.6 💤🥦
    I've made it to bed before 10pm three nights in a row thanks to putting away the gadgets! Checked off all but one of the Daily Dozen Checklist yesterday.🍎🥔🥦🫚🥬 It's a lot of food to fit into just one day! I've made a plan for today to try to hit all 12. I can do it! The next step is getting all the servings for each food group. First attempt at veggie burgers was a hit with flavor but failed structurally. We'll follow a recipe next time. But, I made a roasted garlic, cashews, nutritional yeast, turmeric, salt and pepper "cheese" sauce/aioli that was out of this world! I had to remind myself how calorie dense it was to stop me from eating it like a soup. Golden goodness. It's in a jar now for Mac n cheese.
    4/3 126.8 💤🥦
    checked all servings and made it to bed by ten. Beans for breakfast is totally new to me but I'm trying to remind myself that it's normal in a lot of cultures. What's weird today can become habitual in a few weeks. Just gotta do it. I'm waiting for my gut to get used to this new way of eating. A lot of fermentation I'm still not used to. It's apparently normal and will subside if I keep at it. I'm measuring out each serving today so I don't overstuff myself. For breakfast I saw that a 1/2 cup of beans is a lot smaller than I was eyeballing! Oh, and I almost forgot this little victory.... I'm not panicking about the scale going up! From the FAQs on nutrionfacts.org: "The Daily Dozen averages about 1,200 calories, but given the wide array of food choices in each category, it can range anywhere from 800-1800." I've definitely been tipping the higher side, especially with my not measuring anything. Now that I know I'll be better at it. It's so much whole foods fiber though, so many of the calories end up in the toilet... I'll see a big drop when that happens. I made a pun 🙃
    4/4 126.8💤🥦
    I found a half-eaten bag of fritos in the pantry last night. What were they doing there!?! I had to clear the pantry of all ultra-processed foods, obviously, so I ate them all. Had a more restless sleep but I'm laughing at myself today. There's a big NSV for me: I'm not beating myself up about eating a half bag of fritos (it was a giant sharing size bag to be totally honest), and, it didn't turn into an all out binge! 🥦 Yesterday the Daily Dozen got checked and was a cakewalk when I actually measured 1/2 cup servings. I think it's safe to say I've gotten good at eating only plant based foods for days and have successfully reorganized the bulk of my diet. I'll call it quits on the strict tracking of the daily dozen but keep it up on my fridge as a reminder of "Green Light" foods we can always have more of. That is super doable without stressing about it and without forcing my gut to tolerate that level of insoluble fiber. It's not meant to be a diet but a base recommendation of foods to incorporate to help crowd out the less healthy stuff. It is a good base for practicing a Mediterranean Diet if anyone's doing that. I'm quitting the strict tracking before I start to resent it since the whole point of this is to stress less. But, beans for breakfast again with my potato hash is a great way to start the day.
    4/5 127.8💤🥦
    This is getting annoying but not unfounded given my carb intake and strenuous exercise yesterday. I'm not going to make any big changes just yet. If the scale is still up tomorrow then I'll start tracking my calories again. I really enjoy not tracking calories and instead tracking food types from the checklist app. I made a pasta dish yesterday that my husband said looked like "a real recipe...Martha Stewart would approve." What?! I know he doesn't know how to filter his compliments so that's big. It was so easy, too. I peeled and chopped up two large carrots, threw them in a pot to boil with salt, then added some whole wheat rotini, frozen spinach, and when everything was done boiling I drained it and added some leftover broccoli and mixed in my leftover cashew cheese sauce. The final product was colorful with the veggies and the mouth feel was all comfort food quality. It took 20 minutes and one pot and used up leftovers! Weight is up today but I am getting more confident in the kitchen and am learning how to cook healthy things that aren't boring tasting and gross looking so that is a good thing for the long term.
    4/6 126.8
    Good day yesterday. I've started adding fresh ginger root to my smoothies for the anti inflammatory effects of ginger but noticed that with the sharpness of the ginger I don't need a sweetener in the smoothie. That saves me a ton of calories since I like things pretty sweet. Got all my daily dozen veggies and beans yesterday and berries but somehow didn't binge on fruits per usual. That probably means today I'll be craving fruits but I won't let myself go overboard.

4/7 125.0💤🥦
    Yay! There's the drop I was needing, seriously. TMI. Phew. I feel so. much. better. Hit all my Daily Dozen yesterday, too and bed was calling me by 9. 💤🥦🍎🫚🥬I was being an ignoramus when I was making my belly distended by not looking at servings sizes. 1/2 cup of peas counts as one serving of beans. I regularly eat a can of peas (3.5 servings) a day as a snack for the fiber and protein in it. Got my "beans" and toast and greens and fruit smoothie and dinner was mixed vegetables on another failed focaccia attempt. I should get points for still trying when 9/10 of my cooking/baking attempts are failures. One day it'll work. I'm eating a lot more carbs than usual and I know I don't "need" them but I'm noticing that I'm less snacky after a high carb dinner. Good Good Friday, everyone!
    4/8 DNW 💤🥦
    I wanted to share a page from the book I'm reading. It is so hard to get out of the toxic food environment when it's all around us. So much effort to say no to the cheap and pleasurable calorie-rich and processed (CRAP) foods no wonder everyone is struggling. Getting better at cooking at home seems to be the only way out but that is a luxury so many people don't have or don't have the knowledge to do. I know I didn't and I'm only just now learning. The last paragraph is spot on. It's a wonder anyone can be healthy in the environment we live in.

The numbers are reference numbers that can be checked on the website.

Page 19 of How Not to Diet

THE PROBLEM | 19

the brain.98 Put people with "food addiction" in an MRI scanner and show them a picture of a chocolate milkshake, and the areas that light up in their brains are the same as when cocaine addicts are shown a video of smoking crack-100 101 99 or when alcoholics are given a whiff of whiskey."

Food addiction is a misnomer. People don't suffer out-of-control eating behav- iors to food in general. We don't tend to compulsively crave cabbage. But milk- shakes are packed with sugar and fat, two of the signals to our brains for calorie density. When people are asked to rate different foods in terms of cravings and loss of control, most incriminated was a load of CRAP-highly processed foods like donuts, along with cheese and meat." 102 Those foods least related to prob- lematic eating behaviors? Fruits and vegetables. Calorie density may be the rea- son people don't get up in the middle of the night and binge on broccoli.

Animals don't tend to get fat eating the foods they were designed to eat. There is a confirmed report of free-living primates becoming obese, but that was a troop of baboons who evidently stumbled across some dumpsters at a tourist lodge. The "garbage-feeding animals" weighed 50 percent more than their wild-feeding counterparts. 103 Sadly, we, too, can suffer the same mis- matched fate and become obese by eating garbage. For millions of years be- fore we learned how to hunt, our biology evolved largely on leaves, roots, shoots, fruits, and nuts. Ironically, even the creationists agree that we 104 started out plant-based in Eden's garden. 105 Maybe it would help if we went back to the basics and cut the CRAP.

Toxic Food Environment

It is hard to eat healthfully against the headwind of such strong evolutionary forces. No matter our level of nutrition knowledge, in the face of pepperoni pizza, the ancestral heritage baked into our genes screams, Eat it now!106 Any- one who doubts the power of basic biological drives should see how long they can go without blinking or breathing. Any conscious decision to hold your breath is soon overcome by the compulsion to breathe. In medicine, short- ness of breath is sometimes even referred to as air hunger.

The battle of the bulge is a battle against biology, so obesity is not some moral failing. I can't stress enough that becoming overweight is a normal, natural response to the abnormal, unnatural ubiquity of calorie-dense, sug- ary, and fatty foods.

The sea of excess calories in which we are now floating (and in which

4/9 DNW 💤🥦
    4/10 130.6 💤🥦🍿 I jumped off the wagon and feasted for two days. Got in all my daily dozen plus lots and lots of pleasure foods. As of right now I plan to fast until tomorrow morning. Initial reaction to returning to animal products was that they're not as good as I remembered. Chicken wasn't bad but it was boring. Ice cream wasn't bad but it seemed so plain and I couldn't enjoy it the way I used to. That didn't stop me from eating way too much of it but I appreciate that my palate has changed and the way I think about food has changed. I think this whole foods plant based run has turned me into a food snob. I guess that's a good thing for my health in the long run. I'm going back to WFPB this week because I feel like I've unlocked a whole world of delicious recipes that I otherwise would have never tried. Baba Ganoush! Our new favorite thing. I adapted the recipe from America's Test Kitchen Mediterranean Diet Cookbook. I just cook a peeled eggplant in the air fryer for twenty minutes and then blend it in the food processor with roasted garlic, olive oil, sesame seeds(I need to purchase tahini), lemon juice, and salt. Smother a piece of sourdough toast and I'm in heaven. I ate 3 eggplants this weekend. 🍆🍆🍆 Vegetables are getting easier and easier to enjoy when I follow real recipes 😀
    4/11

• SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,886 Member
    Options
    GIVE ME 10 DAYS – ROUND 219

Round 219
    April 2 – April 11, 2023

61 year old female, 5’5”. I am married, semi-nomadic (we live in three states, Mass, Maine, Florida).

Goal for 2019. New round, new month, so my goals are a bit for both. So I have just under a month before heading back to the real world that set me off on my year and a half of bad behavior, and 25 lb weight gain. For April, I want to continue to cement in healthy actions so that the odds are greater that I will stay with them when I return to Massachusetts where my parents are, and I return to frequent responsibilities on their behalf. Can’t let frustrations turn into not caring, ceasing exercise, and binging (often ice cream). Over the course of April, I would like to lose another 5 lbs. That will get down 18 lb for 2023, and to a very nice weight. My 121.X of July 2021 may have not been sustainable. Plus I had gotten there also due to stress, before the stress sent me in my more typical way to eating and gaining. I would be thrilled to eventually be at the weight I was for my daughter’s wedding, 126.

So, to recap, lose 5 lb during April, and to support that, losing 2 lb for round 2019 would be awesome!!

History:

Harry and Han are our cats, who travel with us. Have two “kids”, who are very much adults, and a DGS. We have three parents, 88(father), 86(mother), 84(MIL) still with us, and I have logically been needing to help them more as they age. I got my act in gear during COVID, somewhat inspired by NOT becoming my parents. I lost 30 lbs and was exercising daily. Unfortunately, I am an “all in or not” person. Selling family home distractions, plus medical incident with my father and all their new needs, became an excuse. A year and a half later, I gained 25 lbs and lost all my athletic improvements. I need to figure out balance and how to make health be a daily priority for life!

Round 126 153.0 equivalent 9/14/20
    Round 127 149.2 9/24/20
    Round 128 147.2 10/4/20
    Round 129 145.8 10/14/20
    Round 130 144.4 10/24/20
    Round 131 142.2 11/3/20
    Round 132 139.4 11/13/20
    Round 133 137.2 11/23/20
    Round 134 136.4 12/3/20
    Round 135 132.6 12/13/20
    Round 136 132.0 12/23/20
    Round 137 132.0 1/2/21
    Round 138 131.0 1/12/21
    Round 139 128.2 1/22/21
    Round 176 138.2 1/26/22 Harry 10 lb 14 oz Han Solo 11 lb 13 oz
    Round 177 134.8 2/5/22
    Round 178 137.0 2/15/22 Harry 10 lb 15.5 oz Han Solo 11 lb 11 oz
    Round 181 138.2 3/17/22 Harry 10 lb 14 oz Han Solo 11 lb 10.5 oz
    Round 182 137.8 3/27/22 Harry 10 lb 14.5oz Han Solo 11 lb 12.5 oz
    Round 183 133.4 4/6/22 Harry 11 lb .5 oz Han Solo 11 lb 13 oz
    Round 184 136.0 4/16/22 Harry 10 lb 15.5 oz Han Solo 11lb 12.5 oz
    Round 185 136.8 4/26/22 Harry 10 lb 15.5 oz Han Solo 11lb 13 oz
    Round 186 136.0 5/6/22 Harry 10 lb 14.5 oz Han Solo 11 lb 12.5 oz
    Round 187 137.8 5/16/22 Harry 10 lb 14.0 oz Han Solo 11lb 11.5 oz
    Round 188 135.8 5/26/22 Harry 10 lb 10.5 oz Han Solo 11 lb 12 oz
    Round 210 146.6 1/01/23 Harry 10 lb 15.5 oz Han Solo 11 lb 12 oz
    Round 211 144.4 1/11/23
    Round 212 146.6 1/21/23 Harry 10 lb 14 oz Han Solo 11 lb 11 oz
    Round 213 143.4 1/31/23 Harry 10 lb 14.5 oz Han Solo 11 lb 10.5 oz
    Round 214 142.4 2/10/23
    Round 215 140.0 2/20/23 Harry 10 lb 12 oz Han Solo 11 lb 6 oz
    Round 216 138.0 3/2/23 Harry 10 lb 11.5 oz Han Solo 11 lb 6.5 oz
    Round 217 136.0 3/12/23 Harry 10 lb 15 oz Han Solo 11 lb 6 oz
    Round 218 134.0 3/22/23 Harry 10 lb 14.5 oz Han Solo 11 lb 7.5 oz
    Round 219 133.8 4/1/23 Harry 11 lb .5 oz Han Solo 11 lb 9.5 oz

Exercise & Supplements
    Supplements are to try and correct dry eye issues. See if they pay off.

4/2 – Walked with the girls, but finished alone – 5 laps, 8.2 miles

4/3 – walked with the girls. Three laps as a compromise. Frank needed assistance getting ready for fishing.

4/4 – walked to Sunset Grill and back. 8.76 miles in 2 hr 12 min. Left the house roughly 6:04 AM.

4/5 – walked with the girls, 3 laps

4/6 – did not walk. Did spend about an hour attempting pickleball.

4/7 – walked with the girls – 4 laps

4/8 – walked with the girls – 4 laps

4/9 – walked with the girls, 2 laps. Kayaking with frank

4/10 – walked with the girls, 4 laps

4/11

SW: 133.8

Day/Weight/Comment

4/2 – 134.6 Fully expected it this morning. Yesterday, I did great while in Key West sightseeing with the kids and then seeing them off at the airport. Easy hour+ trip home. Get home and promptly ate a Mickey Mouse ice cream (left over from purchases for DGS), then I ate another, then it continued. Probably on the order of 2000 junk calories. It’s out of my system. Today is a new day. I am up early and planning on one of my longer versions of walking. Food’s today are healthy and balanced, and will be getting my home all back in order.

4/3 – 133.4 Amazing how a single “off” day can be ok if I don’t spiral and turn it into many. I did track and count everything yesterday as well as walk a bit extra. Skipped popcorn at the movies (John Wick), but again, Invisalign helps with this.

In a different note, I had an interesting observation yesterday. I have “cleared my throat” for years. On the order of 10, 15, maybe more years. It was identified as a sign of LPR, or silent reflux. I noticed last night, that I have not cleared my throat now in months. I know one action to help with LPR is to not eat in the evening, and I always have, including evening coffee every night. With Invisalign, no night eating for me, and gave up evening coffee so my teeth are done after dinner. If anything, I drink water at night. I have also noticed on random nights with overeating, that I will taste or sense acid in my mouth during the night or when I get up. Just interesting. I’ll continue to study myself.

4/4 – 132.4 Total shocker, but at least a good one. Not sure what to add. :)

4/5 – 133.2 Well turns out the scale is playing a prank on me. I stepped on this morning and weighed 132. Wow! Right? So then I decided to double check it. Suddenly I weighed 133.4. Took the batteries out and put them back in. Now, 133.2 several times. I enjoyed it while it lasted. :P

Yesterday, cats started playing at 5:15 and I could not get back to sleep, so I decided to go for a “mystery walk” and see where I could end up. Headed out right after 6 am. (carried my cats’ flashing collar for visibility – sunrise was 7:13). I also set a timer for 1 hr, so I should make a concrete decision about what I am doing at that time as I would have an hour journey back home. At the hour mark, I was a block from the southern/western-most point on Marathon key (AKA island), so I walked that block to the sunset grill and snapped a picture. Only unfortunate aspect was that shortly thereafter my Morton’s Neuroma decided to get angry, and I had over 4 miles to go to get home. Could have called hubby to pick me up, but did not want him dissuading me from adventures in the future. Made it home. Something like 8.78 miles in 2 hr 12 min. Today I will walk, but keep it lighter with the girls.

4/6 – 132.2 Scale is truly confusing me. I did triple check this time and no change. Yesterday, I did my typical “good” day ie I had tracked dinner (restaurant pizza) before the day even started, then I filled in the rest of the day. Today will have a weird dinner. We leave Florida 3 weeks from today, and I need to start clearing the freezer. I have a bag of raw chicken wings, and also gyozo’s. So I guess it is going to be appetizers for dinner. :P Hubby is beyond excited. He has been asking “when” all week. It should not be hard for me to track.

4/7 – 132.2 Holding to that number. Today calories are going to be an issue, but will do my best to be responsible. Today, we are having our Easter dinner as we wanted to share the nice meal with our widower friend, and he is unavailable on Sunday. The meal is not traditional by any means, braised short ribs, risotto cacio e pepe, roasted asparagus, and chocolate cheesecake with oreo crust and ganache. Going to focus on making one plate with appropriate portions, small serving of cheesecake, aim for lower calories earlier in the day, and getting a decent walk in this morning. We’ll see what my scale says in the morning.

Oh, yesterday, hubby and I tried learning pickleball!

4/8 – 132.4 Pleased with the number. Overall day finished out around 2000 calories minus 400+ calories walking. The short ribs were perfect!!! Only second time I have done this recipe, and so worth the effort. But I will say that if I had not put together a plan, I would never have stopped at my single plate. Today, going out to eat. Either lunch or dinner, TBD. Then a little leftovers (made sure our widower friend went home with a nice bag). Heading for my walk right after I post.

4/9 – 132.4 Still holding and surviving the weekend. Again I am pleased to have not gone up as I ended up eating a whole 4” (1200 calorie) cheesecake for dinner. This is after going out to eat for lunch. Today though, should actually be an easy day. Friday leftovers are gone. Our Easter, this year, is dietarily easy since out “meal” was Friday. Getting in a shorter walk this morning with whomever that shows, then going kayaking with hubby (I need to do that at least once this season).

4/10 – 131.6 Fantastic! I want to see more than one day of this number before I believe it, and tomorrow is the day that counts for this round. Of course that means I am going out to eat….. again……tonight. Will do my best. I have already tracked my day. Just have to stick to it.

4/11
  • SModa61
    Options
    shmmm3 wrote: »
    SModa61 wrote: »
    @clprieur I don't know what you would think of this suggestion, but would something like an appropriately used muzzle take stress off of both your and your sweet dog? I know they look mean, but they can actually be being kind. I did a quick search, and this article sounded very balanced https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/training/dog-muzzles-when-why-how-to-use/

This is a good reminder for me, too. Many people with service dogs train their dogs to like the muzzle (it takes time and lots of treats) so that when out in highly trafficked public areas they are less likely to get hassled by people with a fear of dogs and there's no chance that someone can antagonize the dog to get it to react leading to a liability suit (sadly it happens).

@shmmm3 Thank you for being kind about my post. I was very concerned it could be taken poorly. I feel so bad for the stresses on @clprieur and her dog. It must be so difficult dealing with daily conflicts, at her own home. I'm a crazy cat lady, but I love all creatures. (I'm the idiot that would be trying to pat her dog, even if it was barking at me.)
  • NuggetBrain
    NuggetBrain Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    MFP SW: 297
    R200 EW: 291
    R201 EW: 286.4
    R202 EW: 283
    R203 EW: 280.2
    R204 EW: 273
    R205 EW: 274.4 (yikes!)
    R206 EW: 268.2
    R207 EW: 265.6
    R208 EW: 260.2
    R209 EW: 256
    R210 EW: 252.4
    R211 EW: 248.6
    R212 EW: 249.2 (booooo)
    R213 EW: 245
    R214 EW: 241.4
    R215 EW: 237.6
    R216 EW: 235.8
    R217 EW: 235 ( :neutral: )
    R218 EW: 231
    4/2: 231.2
    4/3: 232.4
    4/4: 231.2
    4/5: 230.2
    4/6: 229.8
    4/7: 228.8
    4/8: 228.8
    4/9: 228.6
    4/10: 228.8
    4/11
  • SheilaBoneham
    SheilaBoneham Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    @fmfdfa2020 Thanks for your comments. I love breakfast, and try to make sure I get plenty of protein in the morning because I know it helps, so skipping it isn’t my first choice. I would like to eat dinner later (7ish) but DH is very much a 5 o’clock guy, so we’ve always eaten then. I’ve thought about making lunch very small, because I’m not usually very hungry then and I could use the calories later. I think I eat a “decent” lunch mostly out of habit. I also think my urge to snack is tied to other non-food life things that I need to get a grip on. That isn’t any easier than losing weight! But it’s nice to have this supportive group, and I appreciate your ideas. I could happily go to bed early and read! Or maybe I should go to my office and write (I write mysteries, btw 😁).
  • shmmm3
    Options
    @clprieur I don't know what you would think of this suggestion, but would something like an appropriately used muzzle take stress off of both your and your sweet dog? I know they look mean, but they can actually be being kind. I did a quick search, and this article sounded very balanced https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/training/dog-muzzles-when-why-how-to-use/

This is a good reminder for me, too. Many people with service dogs train their dogs to like the muzzle (it takes time and lots of treats) so that when out in highly trafficked public areas they are less likely to get hassled by people with a fear of dogs and there's no chance that someone can antagonize the dog to get it to react leading to a liability suit (sadly it happens).

@shmmm3 Thank you for being kind about my post. I was very concerned it could be taken poorly. I feel so bad for the stresses on @clprieur and her dog. It must be so difficult dealing with daily conflicts, at her own home. I'm a crazy cat lady, but I love all creatures. (I'm the idiot that would be trying to pat her dog, even if it was barking at me.)

@SModa61 and @clprieur It's a great suggestion! I have the benefit of having positive dog trainers in my life who have shown me how they will muzzle their very calm non reactive dogs in public just as practice for their dogs and to help teach people that muzzles aren't punishment. That article from AKC is spot on. I actually think dog training is great to incorporate here on a weight loss forum because it's all about the power of positive reinforcement and conditioning for positive associations and oftentimes reconditioning to unlearn negative associations. I doubt I'm the only one who has ingrained reactions to foods and learned eating behaviors from childhood. Reading about dog training helped me with my own life more than self-help books ever did, specifically The Power of Positive Training. Please keep us updated with Golly.
  • fmfdfa2020
    fmfdfa2020 Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    @fmfdfa2020 Thanks for your comments. I love breakfast, and try to make sure I get plenty of protein in the morning because I know it helps, so skipping it isn’t my first choice. I would like to eat dinner later (7ish) but DH is very much a 5 o’clock guy, so we’ve always eaten then. I’ve thought about making lunch very small, because I’m not usually very hungry then and I could use the calories later. I think I eat a “decent” lunch mostly out of habit. I also think my urge to snack is tied to other non-food life things that I need to get a grip on. That isn’t any easier than losing weight! But it’s nice to have this supportive group, and I appreciate your ideas. I could happily go to bed early and read! Or maybe I should go to my office and write (I write mysteries, btw 😁).

@SheilaBoneham I do remember you saying you write mysteries, and I think about dogs?? I LOVE mysteries. I'll have to check out what you've written. Do you write under your name?
  • musicsax
    musicsax Posts: 4,382 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @SheilaBoneham - I know exactly how you feel, I've been there so many times & really don't know why I do it either, sometimes I don't even taste the food I shove in !!! Sometimes I feel so embarrassed to confess/own up to it. All one can do is just start over - again & then again. I think if this obsession with food is what one has, it will be with you for the whole of your life. I wish I could shake it off for ever, but at the moment I am fighting it. I hope you can get in the fighting mindset soon too <3 .
  • shmmm3
    Options
    Anyone a fan of Heavy Weights (1995) I need to rewatch it now. I'm fasting today because this is what my weekend looked like.
    https://youtu.be/yqCKhWx8PkM
  • SheilaBoneham
    SheilaBoneham Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    fmfdfa2020 wrote: »

@SheilaBoneham I do remember you saying you write mysteries, and I think about dogs?? I LOVE mysteries. I'll have to check out what you've written. Do you write under your name?

Yes, I have written mysteries, and nonfiction about dogs and cats. I’ve been on hiatus for a bit and my mystery publisher went out of business, so my mysteries are out of print. That said, used copies are sometimes available on Amazon, and some libraries have them. I do write under my own name, with my middle name - Webster. Weirdly, searches sometimes don’t work with all three. It’s a mystery! I am working, finally, on something new.
  • SModa61
    Options
    clprieur wrote: »

@SModa61 Hi! Sorry it took me so long to respond. I was not offended in the least and I appreciate you taking the time to think about me. :) As a matter of fact, my last dog did wear a muzzle in and out of the building, as sadly he was even more reactive than Golly is! I have considered having Golly wear a muzzle just to get him in and out of the building, but I am hesitant as he loves people to pat him and pay attention to him and I feel that if I put a muzzle on him he will miss out on a lot of that. But I may have to consider it, after the complaint I got from the building manager on Thursday. That being said, today as I was coming out of the elevator into the lobby I met a lady with her dog waiting to go up. Although Golly did bark once and try to lunge forward to the dog, he was quiet and he seemed more interested than agitated. The lady commented, "Oh, he's doing much better!" which made me feel great. :)

<3
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,407 Member
    Options
    Thank you, @quiltingjaine !
    73 year old female...5'5" ...I used to be 5'7" but arthritis hit and I lost two inches, so now that two inches is squished around my waist like the billows of a big accordion...
    ...Oh, well. I'll just keep working on it.
    Heaviest: 192.2
    Round GW: 152.0
    UGW: 132.2
    03/31 - 153.8 at 5:20 a.m. ...Grandson Duty then 60 min workout w/my trainer
    04/01 - 152.7 at 8:00 a.m. ...6.53 miles in 130 mins
    Day/Weight/Comment
    04/02 - 151.5 at 8:15 a.m. ...zero...windy and cold
    04/03 - 153.0 at 5:20 a.m. ...Grandson Duty then 60 min workout w/my trainer
    04/04 - 153.0 at 5:20 a.m. ...Grandson Duty then zero
    04/05 - 154.0 at 5:20 a.m. ...Grandson Duty then 60 min workout w/my trainer
    04/06 - 155.8 at 5:20 a.m. ...Grandson Duty then 7.59 miles in 150 mins
    04/07 - 153.3 at 7:00 a.m. ...Grandson Duty then egg coloring for Easter w/everyone!!
    04/08 - 154.1 at 8:00 a.m. ...6.23 miles in 117 mins
    04/09 - 155.3 at 8:30 a.m. ...7.30 miles in 140 mins
    04/10 -
    04/11 -
    Good luck everyone!
    Chris