Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 219

Options

Replies

• GirlOnTheRebound
    GirlOnTheRebound Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    @clprieur Congrats on your sobriety! Very proud of your accomplishment and dedication. Don't give up!
  • shmmm3
    shmmm3 Posts: 255 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    RND 219

Lifestyle goals: Only whole plant foods and never any calorie-rich and processed (CRAP) foods. No animal products at all of I can help it. It started as a short term challenge in this group to reduce inflammation but has bloomed into a lifestyle. Strength train or yoga 10 minutes every morning.

This round's challenges:
    💤10 days of bed by 10💤
    Dr. Greger's Daily Dozen Checklist app 🥦🫚🍎🥔🏃🍵🍞🧄💤

👍👍This is NOT A DIET. It’s MY NEW LIFESTYLE! :)

4/2 125.6 💤 I've made it to bed before 10pm three nights in a row thanks to putting away the gadgets! Checked off all but one of the Daily Dozen Checklist yesterday.🍎🥔🥦🫚🥬 It's a lot of food to fit into just one day! I've made a plan for today to try to hit all 12. I can do it! The next step is getting all the servings for each food group. First attempt at veggie burgers was a hit with flavor but failed structurally. We'll follow a recipe next time. But, I made a roasted garlic, cashews, nutritional yeast, turmeric, salt and pepper "cheese" sauce/aioli that was out of this world! I had to remind myself how calorie dense it was to stop me from eating it like a soup. Golden goodness. It's in a jar now for Mac n cheese.
    4/3 126.8 💤🥦 checked all servings and made it to bed by ten. Beans for breakfast is totally new to me but I'm trying to remind myself that it's normal in a lot of cultures. What's weird today can become habitual in a few weeks. Just gotta do it. I'm waiting for my gut to get used to this new way of eating. A lot of fermentation I'm still not used to. It's apparently normal and will subside if I keep at it. I'm measuring out each serving today so I don't overstuff myself. For breakfast I saw that a 1/2 cup of beans is a lot smaller than I was eyeballing! Oh, and I almost forgot this little victory.... I'm not panicking about the scale going up! From the FAQs on nutrionfacts.org: "The Daily Dozen averages about 1,200 calories, but given the wide array of food choices in each category, it can range anywhere from 800-1800." I've definitely been tipping the higher side, especially with my not measuring anything. Now that I know I'll be better at it. It's so much whole foods fiber though, so many of the calories end up in the toilet... I'll see a big drop when that happens. I made a pun 🙃
    4/4 126.8 I found a half-eaten bag of fritos in the pantry last night. What were they doing there!?! I had to clear the pantry of all ultra-processed foods, obviously, so I ate them all. Had a more restless sleep but I'm laughing at myself today. There's a big NSV for me: I'm not beating myself up about eating a half bag of fritos (it was a giant sharing size bag to be totally honest), and, it didn't turn into an all out binge! 🥦 Yesterday the Daily Dozen got checked and was a cakewalk when I actually measured 1/2 cup servings. I think it's safe to say I've gotten good at eating only plant based foods for days and have successfully reorganized the bulk of my diet. I'll call it quits on the strict tracking of the daily dozen but keep it up on my fridge as a reminder of "Green Light" foods we can always have more of. That is super doable without stressing about it and without forcing my gut to tolerate that level of insoluble fiber. It's not meant to be a diet but a base recommendation of foods to incorporate to help crowd out the less healthy stuff. It is a good base for practicing a Mediterranean Diet if anyone's doing that. I'm quitting the strict tracking before I start to resent it since the whole point of this is to stress less. But, beans for breakfast again with my potato hash is a great way to start the day.

4/5 127.8 This is getting annoying but not unfounded given my carb intake and strenuous exercise yesterday. I'm not going to make any big changes just yet. If the scale is still up tomorrow then I'll start tracking my calories again. I really enjoy not tracking calories and instead tracking food types from the checklist app. I made a pasta dish yesterday that my husband said looked like "a real recipe...Martha Stewart would approve." What?! I know he doesn't know how to filter his compliments so that's big. It was so easy, too. I peeled and chopped up two large carrots, threw them in a pot to boil with salt, then added some whole wheat rotini, frozen spinach, and when everything was done boiling I drained it and added some leftover broccoli and mixed in my leftover cashew cheese sauce. The final product was colorful with the veggies and the mouth feel was all comfort food quality. It took 20 minutes and one pot and used up leftovers! Weight is up today but I am getting more confident in the kitchen and am learning how to cook healthy things that aren't boring tasting and gross looking so that is a good thing for the long term.
    4/6
    4/7
    4/8
    4/9
    4/10
    4/11
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,924 Member
    Options
    @RenaPink11 I also am 2 days without TMI. My chia puff has failed me.😱😵‍💫
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,122 Member
    Options
    I am not sure who mentioned the books "How not to die" and "How not to diet" by the same authors. I think they were on this challenge. I just want to say that I ordered it with the hopes that it has ideas to use food to improve my overall health.

In the meantime, I am still in the middle of 5 books including "The case for Keto".
  • shmmm3
    shmmm3 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I am not sure who mentioned the books "How not to die" and "How not to diet" by the same authors. I think they were on this challenge. I just want to say that I ordered it with the hopes that it has ideas to use food to improve my overall health.

In the meantime, I am still in the middle of 5 books including "The case for Keto".

Hi @deepwoodslady , I'm reading both right now too! Both Keto and WFPB have plenty of benefits that, IMO, comes down to removing ultra-processed foods from our diets. Anything that helps me not to return to the standard American diet and order a pizza delivery every weekend is good for my overall health :) I'm finding the WFPB to be the approach that seems to be fitting me best and the argument that I needed to not bring dairy back into my life. I'm actually interested in trying a keto WFPB diet sometime soon because I'm wondering if the main reason I could never feel great on keto was because of too much dairy. That'll be an interesting experiment.
  • RenaPink11
    RenaPink11 Posts: 343 Member
    Options

I started taking magnesium citrate since Monday and so far no dice. A few weeks ago I did a probiotic w enzymes and oh wow it made me so much worse and bloated. 😳🤨😳🤨
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    RenaPink11 wrote: »

I started taking magnesium citrate since Monday and so far no dice. A few weeks ago I did a probiotic w enzymes and oh wow it made me so much worse and bloated. 😳🤨😳🤨

A really gentle but effective way of relieving TMI is to take 1-2 tsps of Epson salt (pure not scented). It pulls water into the intestines. If it doesn’t work after 6 hours do it again.

It will create a gentle but irresistible urge so don’t stray too far from a toilet!
  • RenaPink11
    Options
    RenaPink11 wrote: »

A really gentle but effective way of relieving TMI is to take 1-2 tsps of Epson salt (pure not scented). It pulls water into the intestines. If it doesn’t work after 6 hours do it again.

It will create a gentle but irresistible urge so don’t stray too far from a toilet!

I wish I could be normal. LOL this has been a life long problem for me. I think I’m going to go back to last month and look over my foods, bc it seemed to be a lot better then. But I’m down for trying epson salt! I work from home tomorrow so that sounds like a plan to me! Thanks 😊

• RenaPink11
    Options
    shmmm3 wrote: »

Hi @deepwoodslady , I'm reading both right now too! Both Keto and WFPB have plenty of benefits that, IMO, comes down to removing ultra-processed foods from our diets. Anything that helps me not to return to the standard American diet and order a pizza delivery every weekend is good for my overall health :) I'm finding the WFPB to be the approach that seems to be fitting me best and the argument that I needed to not bring dairy back into my life. I'm actually interested in trying a keto WFPB diet sometime soon because I'm wondering if the main reason I could never feel great on keto was because of too much dairy. That'll be an interesting experiment.

He has a lot of videos on YouTube. I listen to his podcast when I drive. There’s a ton of info on this website as well. I need to read his books as well. When I can squeeze another 5 minutes into my day. 😊
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,122 Member
    Options
    shmmm3 wrote: »

@shmmm3 You may know already that I don't eat fruit AT ALL and I hate 99.9% of all veggies and don't eat most of them. I did hate 100% of them (except potatoes) but through Keto I have learned to "sneak" in a few in various ways. Plant based is not something I could ever do completely for sure. At times, I have come to the conclusion that I am lactose intolerant. I've never had that diagnosis or discussed it with a doctor, but the bloating can be horrendous. I do buy Fairlife milk (lactose free) and I do spread my cheese products out a bit in my diet to help. Anyway, all the different approaches fascinate me, and knowledge is ALWAYS power so I can't wait to get these books. I'll make them next on my list when I finish at least one of the 5 I am currently reading lol.
  • JacquelineC53
    JacquelineC53 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Looking forward another challenge. My goals for the challenge are the same as last time - to log consistently and to avoid snacking after dinner - including over the Easter weekend, which falls in the middle of this challenge!

SW RND 218 152.4 lbs. EW 147.8 lbs
    SW RND 219 148.4 lbs

2/4 148.4 lbs
    3/4 148.2 lbs.
    4/4 148.2 lbs
    5/4 148.0 lbs Winter storm here today. Walked to work - only 20 minutes each way - but it was a much better workout than I normally get walking! And of course extra points for shovelling!
    6/4
    7/4
    8/4
    9/4
    10/4
    11/4