Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 219

Options

Replies

• SheilaBoneham
    SheilaBoneham Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    @deepwoodslady Your post about hating fruits and veggies makes me so sad. I’ve always thought fresh fruits, and veggies well prepared, are among life’s greatest pleasures. I’m curious, too, because I can’t imagine life without them….what do you eat?
  • shmmm3
    shmmm3 Posts: 255 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

@shmmm3 I DO love my cheese and heavy cream but I seem to have the best results when I eat carnivore. Beef is my favorite - even as a kid on the rare occasion of a family trip, I wanted a hamburger for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Now I skip the bun because I know it messes with my appetite. Even eating too many of the good veggies (low carb) will cause me to not lose. My faves are asparagus, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, and spinach.

@quiltingjaine I am so intrigued by the pure carnivore diet. Have you seen Jordan Peterson's talk about his experience with it? I just learned that too much spinach in the diet from green smoothies or juicing everyday can cause kidney stones because of the high oxalate content in fresh spinach. I can't pretend to know what oxalates are but now I'm wary of spinach since that was my go-to frozen green to put in smoothies every day. I love asparagus and Brussels sprouts. I need to buy some cauliflower and see how my changing taste buds will react to it now. Edit, I'm switching to frozen collard greens and fresh kale now for my daily smoothies and will only be using cooked spinach.
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,879 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @RenaPink11 Feel free to use as needed
    vos8t3avan9u.png

@shmmm3 I forgot broccoli! My DH will eat raw cauliflower but not cooked and won’t eat any of “my” other veggies. He is a corn and green beans man. He would eat corn every day if I gave it to him. Oh, and he’ll eat a little raw spinach in a salad on occasion, I don’t really like it raw. 🤷‍♀️ No kale for me. It just tastes awful. The thought of drinking anything green reminds me of a friend MANY years ago who had me try some green stuff she was selling. It was so bad that I couldn’t even swallow it.

I haven’t heard of Jordan Peterson but I think my granddaughter dated someone by that name. LOL Probably not the same guy.

@SModa61 I find it interesting that doctors say it’s okay to use Miralax daily. My daughter was told that years ago also. I’m going to do that for awhile and see what happens.
  • RenaPink11
    RenaPink11 Posts: 343 Member
    Options

4/6 213.5 Definitely more energy yesterday but not enough. 1x 10 min rebounder. Was up at night with nausea and an aura migraine. Feel somewhat better so far this morning. During my overnight awake hours I tweaked my food diary to reflect intermittent fasting and to show water and fruit intake. Since I am trying to increase calories I think this might be of assistance. My eating window is from 11am to 7pm. Not sure if this will change to 10am to 6pm. I prefer my first exercise routine in the morning so it may change. Have quarterly neuro appt this morning plus a few errands. Happy Thursday!

I've been eyeing those rebounders... I'm itching to get one and try it out. Any suggestions?

• RenaPink11
    RenaPink11 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    @RenaPink11 Feel free to use as needed
    vos8t3avan9u.png

@shmmm3 I forgot broccoli! My DH will eat raw cauliflower but not cooked and won’t eat any of “my” other veggies. He is a corn and green beans man. He would eat corn every day if I gave it to him. Oh, and he’ll eat a little raw spinach in a salad on occasion, I don’t really like it raw. 🤷‍♀️ No kale for me. It just tastes awful. The thought of drinking anything green reminds me of a friend MANY years ago who had me try some green stuff she was selling. It was so bad that I couldn’t even swallow it.

I haven’t heard of Jordan Peterson but I think my granddaughter dated someone by that name. LOL Probably not the same guy.

@SModa61 I find it interesting that doctors say it’s okay to use Miralax daily. My daughter was told that years ago also. I’m going to do that for awhile and see what happens.

HAHAHA Perfect!
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 4,000 Member
    Options
    @itladyee, you made me chuckle with your statement; I couldn't do another 96 oz of water and be human! 😆 You just have to use discernment on that. If you're eating high water content foods, that adds to your fluid intake, but if you've exercised or its hot, or you're just thirsty, drink water.
  • shmmm3
    shmmm3 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    @tiabirdie56
    I cannot remember or locate in chat, who mentioned concern over oxalates in spinach. Yes it's high, but many vegetables, fruits, grains and nuts are high in oxalates, some are low. Drink plenty of water to flush them out. Greens can be boiled and the water drained off to reduce the oxalates. I've enjoyed green smoothies for over 30 years. All raw. I think some people are more sensitive to the oxalates in food or certain foods.

I've heard that some people are more sensitive to oxalates and I hope I'm not one of them. I've never had problems with kidney stones so maybe I'm safe to keep with the spinach. Thanks for sharing your experience. That makes me feel better.
  • 39flavours
    39flavours Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    @clprieur it fascinates me how in other countries (eg Canada, US) there are so many prescription medications available to treat neurological disorders. In the UK it's really difficult to get support with mental health issues and addictions. Although I have used many SSRIs in the past, I think they have been used as a sticking plaster to deal with underlying issues, as getting cognitive therapy in the UK on the NHS is nearly impossible. I have not taken any anti depressants or anti anxiety for 8 years or so but still struggle with these issues. Alcohol is also a problem, I know I 'self medicate' regularly, but also drinking is such a part of the British lifestyle, so it doesn't seem as big a problem as it probably is.
    One thing I really wish The UK would become more accepting of is encouraging and normalising therapy and counselling for everybody. We're still largely in the mentality of seeing mental health issues as something to hide and as a sign of weakness, or a privilege for the rich.