Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 220

Options

Replies

• shmmm3
    shmmm3 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    @shmmm3 What kind of beans were they? I love sprouted mung beans!

@quiltingjaine They were mung beans! I'm looking into buying the beans whole and sprouting them myself to be cheaper but my grocer doesn't stock whole mung beans. Have you had success with that?
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,886 Member
    Options
    @SModa61 CONGRATULATIONS on the expected new grandson! LOL about Florida weather. I remember those forecasts on the news - “No precipitation expected in the next 15 minutes.” I lived in Palm Beach County for 7 years. Certainly different than living in the desert!!!

@quiltingjaine Thanks for the well wishes. It is crazy today. I can hear the thunder. Black clouds all around. But sky is bright where we are. It's like the weather is surrounding, but then passing us in Marathon. On the mainland, I recall the gully washers we would encounter visiting my MIL. Yesterday, Miami made the news due to flooding from rain. We could use come water for the wildlife in the keys, so I wish some would actually come our way.
  • RenaPink11
    RenaPink11 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    So the run went better than expected. My lungs gave me more trouble than my ankle (thank you, brace!)

I think, if my ankle doesn't get too sore, I'll finish week 4 on Friday and start Week 5 next week. It's a doozy.

[5 min warmup and 5 min cooldown for each workout included in the app]
    W5D1: 5 min run, 3 min walk, 5 min run, 3 min walk, 5 min run
    W5D2: 8 min run, 5 min walk, 8 min run
    W5D3: 20 min run [NO WALKS...eek - other than warmup and cooldown, naturally]

Week 6 is similar - intervals on D1&D2 are slightly longer and the D3 run is 22 mins. W6D2 is the last day that includes walking rest breaks. From W6D3 onward it's all straight runs slowly increasing in time until I hit 30 minutes straight running. I'm I don't know why that sounds so intimidating -- I've previously run two 5ks straight through (37 minutes and 38 minutes) with less training than I'm doing now. I guess it's a mental thing I'll have to push through

I’m headed into week 3 on the c25k. I restarted it after reading that doing this outside is more realistic than the treadmill. I had never thought about that. It’s harder for sure. The upcoming weeks are intimidating. I have surprised myself though. Especially since running has not been any part of my life since elementary school.

Did you repeat any of the weeks? I’ve read that some do if they aren’t ready for the next week.
  • CamandJarvis
    CamandJarvis Posts: 2,060 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    RenaPink11 wrote: »
    So the run went better than expected. My lungs gave me more trouble than my ankle (thank you, brace!)

I think, if my ankle doesn't get too sore, I'll finish week 4 on Friday and start Week 5 next week. It's a doozy.

[5 min warmup and 5 min cooldown for each workout included in the app]
    W5D1: 5 min run, 3 min walk, 5 min run, 3 min walk, 5 min run
    W5D2: 8 min run, 5 min walk, 8 min run
    W5D3: 20 min run [NO WALKS...eek - other than warmup and cooldown, naturally]

Week 6 is similar - intervals on D1&D2 are slightly longer and the D3 run is 22 mins. W6D2 is the last day that includes walking rest breaks. From W6D3 onward it's all straight runs slowly increasing in time until I hit 30 minutes straight running. I'm I don't know why that sounds so intimidating -- I've previously run two 5ks straight through (37 minutes and 38 minutes) with less training than I'm doing now. I guess it's a mental thing I'll have to push through

I’m headed into week 3 on the c25k. I restarted it after reading that doing this outside is more realistic than the treadmill. I had never thought about that. It’s harder for sure. The upcoming weeks are intimidating. I have surprised myself though. Especially since running has not been any part of my life since elementary school.

Did you repeat any of the weeks? I’ve read that some do if they aren’t ready for the next week.

I haven't repeated any yet but I have more recent running history it sounds like.
    I did run 2 5ks back in 2021. It's been awhile, but between the Army (10 years, ending 2018- the army loves running) and then a few sprinkled 5ks here and there, running isn't a huge part of my life, but I've done it intermittently through the years. Granted, I did have a lumbar spinal fusion in 2016 and have sciatic nerve damage so my legs get tingly and numb every now and again. Running is very different than how it used to be for me. I have to be a little kinder, slower, and sometimes take longer breaks/recovery than I'd like to get through.

I'm scheduled, with no repeats, to be doing Week 6 while I'm away on business. I foresee having to repeat that once I'm home since I'll be doing W6D2 and W6D3 on a treadmill at the hotel. Plus, it's getting to the point where I have a feeling I may struggle a bit with the longer runs without walking breaks.

Depending on how Week 5 goes next week, I may simply repeat that during the week of my trip and start Week 6 once I'm back home. We shall see how much my body yells at me next week. Particularly the 20 minute run with no stops come next Friday.

Editing to add: I also am pushing myself and limiting my repeats as much as my body allows due to having a deadline. My 5k is June 10th with the kiddos and I need to be as close to prepared as possible to avoid injury or anything like that. If I was simply starting now to slowly ease into my 5k that's in November, I'd definitely have repeated weeks by now just to feel more comfortable and capable.