JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Options

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options

Just for Tuesday:
    24H Plan & Assess :)
    64 oz water :)
    Close activity rings :(Not sure why not? I was busy all day!
    15 min sewing room declutter / 15 min declutter upstairs / 15 min digital declutter :#I just didn't want to be in the house, so I'm okay with this one.
    Quilting video at mom's today :)
    Pick up April birthday cards - Bob, Kendra, Matt, Alli, Chrissy & Bradley Any others? CHECK! :)
    Get outside! Enjoy the weather! :):star::sunglasses:
    Evening Routine :)

It's 86 degrees here today! I know it won't last because, let's face it, it's early April in Green Bay, but I'm enjoying every single minute of having the windows open and airing out the house while I can! Soaking up the sunshine. :flowerforyou:

I know it's late to post goals for today, but I'm going to anyway because I need to hold myself accountable. It's spring and I need to fit into my summer clothes. :smiley:

Today is my youngest son's 40th birthday! Where the heck did the time go? He doesn't seem to be real happy about the big 4-0, but I told him the 40's were my best years and if I could go back to any age, it would be my 40's...he didn't seem real convinced so I took a different approach and told him "Hey...it's better to turn 40 than to not turn 40." That seemed to get a better response ;)

Just for Wednesday:
    24H Plan & Assess :)Done
    64 oz water
    Close activity rings
    15 min sewing room declutter / 15 min declutter upstairs / 15 min digital declutter
    Bake Bob's birthday cake and bring over this afternoon. :)Done
    Pick up April birthday cards - Chrissy, Bradley, Laura N Any others? CHECK! :)Ongoing in April
    Get outside! Enjoy the weather! :):star::sunglasses:Done
    Evening Routine

2023 WOTY: Balance
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    @teigansdad - I very much do the same thing. I was feeling self-destructive yesterday and also ate way over my calorie goal - like "Take that stupid job!! I'm gonna eat super unhealthily today, ha ha, that'll teach you!!" ;) But getting right back on track is the thing I have the most trouble with - a "slip" will turn into a week, 2 weeks, a month...so fighting hard to make sure today isn't a repeat. I have to work some this weekend so I have resist the urge to "feed the pouting" that will be going on!

JFT:
    1. eat clean, even if I don't track
    2. finish work I need to do for this stupid job
    3. start to clean out cabinets in kitchen
    4. spend quality time with the hubby

I think you are in my head. My slips cause the same issues. Here I am 4 years later trying to get back on track again.
    Work stress is killing me right now too. I applied for 4 jobs last night. I just need something else.
  • Snowflake1968
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Awh no! Sorry to hear that! I passed on my fourth time! For some reason I just couldnt reverse around a corner. But I could parallel park lol!
    Hope she gets it next time!!

Reverse around a corner?? I've never had to do that in my entire life, thankfully no one has ever tested me on that ha ha :D
    [/quote]

I thought the same thing. I don’t even think it’s legal here to do it!

Oh! I saw your update. I reverse out of my parking spot every day. I was picturing you out on a street reversing around a corner. 😂
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    I think I need to make this group my priority of reading and catching up and do it before the other group.

This one is better for me and helps me stick to my goals so much better.

JFT - Thurs Apr 13
    Log all Food
    Water - 1.5L
    Move 15 minutes
    Gratitude journal
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I had a plan for healthy eating today. Then my stomach decided to be a brat and only accept super bland foods, so my plan went out the window and my calorie count was super low 😞 Feeling very frustrated and discouraged tonight. And also tired of being in pain with no discernible cause or effective treatment.

Goals for tomorrow:
    - Do better than I did today.
    - Nutritionist appointment (kind of dreading what the scale is going to show after how I did today)
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. THINK PINK. Check on coverage requirements. JFT. Review emails.
    2. Online facilitation - Cover class. AGAIN. Review/revise lesson plans. SET TIMES. Update class website. Review article and prepare notes. Duolingo. Reply to emails. Grade late assignments. Journal. Create trivia sets for Blooket and Gimkit? Begin TPT unit. Set up TINAS script.
    3. Pit Crew - Coverage; collect envelopes.
    4. Planning - Coverage. AGAIN. Ugh. Check on contract; then attendance forms. Reading (Libby). Update Goodreads! Do some deep stretchy squats and some crunches. PARENT CALLS. Shoot Poem I Love.
    5. English class - DGP 9 / Malala 1-5 / SG questions / NRI practice
    6. Park walk? Need to clean out my home Gmail and set my YouTube videos back up again.
    7. Laundry. Check on books and dishes. Continue organizing office and setting aside space for books.
    8. Evening: Podcast. Dinner: Salad. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Saturday RC. NO YMCA or library volunteering. Sun RC. When to work on Clois & Stuffy? Need to purchase and install doors; need to repair joist. C nap in bedroom; keep blankets and pillows (and PJs!) in bedroom. Move OUR blankets and pillows to bedroom; keep atop bookshelf.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 204.0

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Family concerns. 11. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit).

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ugly Christmas sweater. Prison abolition; reduce / re-allocate responsibilities dumped on cops. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba. Rhythm nation.

10. Immediate family: 20m room cleaning daily. When room is clean, nap together. Zoo? Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Load books in crate for McKay's. Work on staying home solo when dark.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings; purple All-Stars. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Is ADHD a possible factor? ADHD testing Aug 10 2P and Aug 15 2P. Therapy Mar 23 4p. Dentist April 19 11a. Biometric May 1 9AM. Annual exam Oct 11 9A check calendar; ask about migraines? (Mar 25)

13. Therapy thoughts: Achieving fitness goals is especially difficult when snacking is apparently the only effective, inexpensive, convenient de-stresser and I'm stressed almost all the time. Progress: Work on reflecting on progress. Regressive behavior is now minimal. ASK about what's scary about the room. About what else in her life (now or previously) is/was like that. Normalize putting the blankets away EVERY MORNING. Then move to doing it FIRST, along with getting dressed. What do I do about the fact that nothing really seems fun? "Having fun" is something of a chore. I need to talk to my parents about end-of-life plans (particularly funeral arrangements) and I'm not sure how to go about it. I do somewhat trust that they are capable of deciding when they need assisted living but should probably offer help in finding out what sort of place would be best BEFORE it actually becomes necessary.

14. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared."

WFTY: Priorities. The micromanagement and constant scolding is exhausting. On top of that, I'm having to cover class after class and I'm in different rooms every day and trying to remember where Im supposed to be when is incredibly difficult to keep up with. I feel like there's all kinds of things that I'm forgetting. (Yesterday I forgot to turn off my data and something sucked down a bazillion megs and I'm almost halfway through my monthly allowance and I'm not even a week in yet. AUGH.)
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus.
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    JFT:
    ☑️Drink at least 72oz water ✔️
    ☑️Stay under 1800 calories ✔️
    ☑️No coffee until 8am ✔️
    ☑️No food until 10am ✔️
    ☑️No food after 8pm ✔️
    ☑️Get at least 8000 steps today ✔️
    ☑️Remember allergy pill before appt ✔️
    ☑️Allergist Appt & shots ✔️
    ☑️No drama! Get along with parents. ✔️ This was a close thing. They were about to bring a new puppy as a gift into the house.
    ☑️Figure out the dinner plan that everyone can agree upon ✔️

JFT:
    ☑️Drink at least 72oz water
    ☑️Stay under 1800 calories
    ☑️No coffee until 8am
    ☑️No food until 10am
    ☑️No food after 8pm
    ☑️Get at least 8000 steps today
    ☑️Send updated report for customer
    ☑️Take daughter to Lego Club if parents appt goes long
    ☑️No drama! Get along with parents
    ☑️Figure out the dinner plan that everyone can agree upon
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,342 Member
    Options

JFT Wednesday
    - Work by 8:30 :smiley:
    - Meeting :smiley:
    - Training @ 9:00 :smiley:
    - Testing :smiley:
    - Audit :smiley:
    - Hobby Lobby :smiley:
    - Jewelry Store :smiley:
    - Theater :(
    - Trivia :smiley:
    - Log food :(
    - Stay on the low end for carbs :smiley:
    - Limit 3 beers :(

Have a great day y'all!

Had a good, but busy day yesterday. Still haven't got the cork screw costume made. It's proving to be a little trickier than anticipated.

JFT Thursday
    - Log food
    - Drink some water
    - Costumes
    - Trivia
    - Puppy
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options

Just for Wednesday:
    64 oz water :)
    Close activity rings :(24 cals short; 1 minute short on exercise. DO BETTER!
    15 min sewing room declutter / 15 min declutter upstairs / 15 min digital declutter :)
    Bake Bob's birthday cake and bring over this afternoon. :)Done
    Pick up April birthday cards - Chrissy, Bradley, Laura N Any others? CHECK! :)Ongoing in April
    Get outside! Enjoy the weather! :):star::sunglasses:Done

Good morning JFT Peeps! It's a lovely day in Green Bay again. It's going to be in the 80's again. Next week we have a chance of snow flurries, so I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

I'm calling today to see if I can join a program called Prescription for Wellness at the YMCA. I think getting exercise in the pool is something that could help me until I get the neuropathy in my feet under control. I need to start having the mindset of "What can I do?" versus "I can't do..." Where there's a will, there's a way. Right?

I am feeling a bit disappointed in myself today. I pulled out the bin in which I stored my summer clothes yesterday. I guess I'm happy that everything fits like it did last year and I don't have to go buy larger sizes in shorts, tshirts and swimsuits, but I really wanted to wear at least one size smaller by this year. I'm not beating myself up, because last year I did have to buy bigger clothing, so at least I maintained, but I'm determined to get in better shape. I have to stop grab-assing everything I see the minute I get the urge for something salty or sweet. I'm not hungry! I'm having an urge. Urges are always going to be there...learn how to ignore them! That's my work this year, starting with today.

@Snowflake1968 I thought the same thing about the "reverse around the corner". I thought, "what???? When would I EVER reverse around a corner?" But it made sense once I read that about backing out of a driveway. LOL! I'm sorry to hear your job is so stressful! It's been that way for awhile, hasn't it? Are you still making crafts or doing craft sales? Your grands must be getting so big! I feel like I haven't "chatted" with you in forever. That's what happens when I go MIA for so long... :)

@clicketykeys What do you teach? It sounds like you are being spread pretty thin! I hope today is better for you!

@pamperedlinny I'm glad your visit with your parents is going well so far!

Just for Thursday:
    64 oz water
    Close activity rings
    Log my food and close my Food Diary at the end of the day. See what your estimated weight would be in 5 weeks! Voila!
    15 min sewing room declutter / 15 min declutter upstairs / 15 min digital declutter
    Get outside! Enjoy the weather! Do some yardwork~
    Make appts for Derm, Optical, message dr about Rx, contact Y re: Rx for Wellness
    Bills/Budget
    Evening Routine

• _sirenofthesea_
    _sirenofthesea_ Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Are you taking new committers? This sounds right up my alley! Side note: @PackerFanInGB we have the same word for the year! #balance
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I had a plan for healthy eating today. Then my stomach decided to be a brat and only accept super bland foods, so my plan went out the window and my calorie count was super low 😞 Feeling very frustrated and discouraged tonight. And also tired of being in pain with no discernible cause or effective treatment.

Goals for tomorrow:
    - Do better than I did today.
    - Nutritionist appointment (kind of dreading what the scale is going to show after how I did today)

Ended up having to cancel my nutritionist appointment because of severe stomach pain. Never mind the fact that I ate the same exact meal yesterday with no I’ll effects.

I’m done posting goals for a while. I need to get this pain under control before I can focus on gaining weight. I wish everyone luck in their respective journeys.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,082 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Awh no! Sorry to hear that! I passed on my fourth time! For some reason I just couldnt reverse around a corner. But I could parallel park lol!
    Hope she gets it next time!!

Reverse around a corner?? I've never had to do that in my entire life, thankfully no one has ever tested me on that ha ha :D

I thought the same thing. I don’t even think it’s legal here to do it!

Oh! I saw your update. I reverse out of my parking spot every day. I was picturing you out on a street reversing around a corner. 😂[/quote]

Haha you laugh but that is what we did in the test. And what I was taught. I questioned the same thing but apparently I just had to learn it. But it came in handy in the end! Just not the purpose they were showing me.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB - I have been MIA a lot too.
    My Grands are growing like the proverbial bad weed. Michaela is 7 and Jonah is 11!
    i6a3bbawxrc3.jpeg
    dp88x0yaqkzj.jpeg

We did one craft show at Christmas this past year. It wasn’t a very good sale. I’ll probably do a couple more to try to get rid of stock, DH has moved onto another hobby so isn’t as interested in doing the ornaments.

I have taken up ceramics and have been learning other things on the Cricut.

Work has been terrible for 3 years. It calms down then gets better. The boss has been on a med leave since Dec. I thought maybe we could start fresh when she returned but it’s not happening. I’m just applying for other jobs. Seriously considering going on stress leave.

@bex953172 - have you checked out Officer Gomez on FB? He has an interesting post today about Snapchat. He gives parents knowledge at least.

I have ceramics tonight but plan on coming back to check in after.

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Thurs Apr 13
    Log all Food - 🙂
    Water - 1.5L - 👿
    Move 15 minutes - 🙂
    Gratitude journal - 🙂

JFT - Fri Apr 14
    Log all Food
    Water - 1.5L
    Move 15 minutes
    Gratitude journal
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB - I have been MIA a lot too.
    My Grands are growing like the proverbial bad weed. Michaela is 7 and Jonah is 11!
    i6a3bbawxrc3.jpeg
    dp88x0yaqkzj.jpeg

We did one craft show at Christmas this past year. It wasn’t a very good sale. I’ll probably do a couple more to try to get rid of stock, DH has moved onto another hobby so isn’t as interested in doing the ornaments.

I have taken up ceramics and have been learning other things on the Cricut.

Work has been terrible for 3 years. It calms down then gets better. The boss has been on a med leave since Dec. I thought maybe we could start fresh when she returned but it’s not happening. I’m just applying for other jobs. Seriously considering going on stress leave.

@bex953172 - have you checked out Officer Gomez on FB? He has an interesting post today about Snapchat. He gives parents knowledge at least.

I have ceramics tonight but plan on coming back to check in after.

I don't have Facebook!
    Not had it for years.lol I might still be able to find him via google though!
    Thank you! (Think someone else mentioned him too, so thank you to them too, unless it was you snowflake hahaha)
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Just wanted to say I had FINALLY had a REALLY good day yesterday foodwise. A couple of things I think I forgot to log. Which I'll try do now but I reckon I will be within my calories

Hopefully same again today.

Also I Googled it to see why we even learn reverse around a corner. To test accuracy, observation and something else.
    But I am pleased to say that it is no longer on the driving test 😂
    It's been replaced with something else, one of them being forward bay parking
    Which is ridiculous, it's much easier to reverse bay park
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday
    1. THINK PINK. Check on coverage requirements. JFT. Review emails.
    2. Online facilitation - Cover class. AGAIN. Review/revise lesson plans. SET TIMES. Update class website. Review article and prepare notes. Duolingo. Reply to emails. Grade late assignments. Journal. Create trivia sets for Blooket and Gimkit? Begin TPT unit. Set up next TINAS script. Choose poem.
    3. Pit Crew - Spring Market. Games?
    4. Planning - Coverage. AGAIN. Ugh. Check on contract; then attendance forms. Reading (Libby). Update Goodreads! Do some deep stretchy squats and some crunches. PARENT CALLS. Shoot Poem I Love. DUNK TANK. Also need to turn in absence forms.
    5. English class - NRI practice / Catch-up
    6. Lifting. Need to keep updating YouTube and cleaning out Gmail. Need to set up some kind of organizational system there. Also, need to get a shower and go to the gallery.
    7. Laundry. Check on books and dishes. Continue organizing office and setting aside space for books.
    8. Evening: Art gallery; livestream. Dinner: Salad. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Saturday RC. NO YMCA or library volunteering. Sun RC. When to work on Clois & Stuffy? Need to purchase and install doors; need to repair joist. C nap in bedroom; keep blankets and pillows (and PJs!) in bedroom. Move OUR blankets and pillows to bedroom; keep atop bookshelf. Check on taxes!

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 203.0

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Family concerns. 11. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit).

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ugly Christmas sweater. Prison abolition; reduce / re-allocate responsibilities dumped on cops. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba. Rhythm nation.

10. Immediate family: 20m room cleaning daily. When room is clean, nap together. Zoo? Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Load books in crate for McKay's. Work on staying home solo when dark.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings; purple All-Stars. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Is ADHD a possible factor? ADHD testing Aug 10 2P and Aug 15 2P. Therapy Mar 23 4p. Dentist April 19 11a. Biometric May 1 9AM. Annual exam Oct 11 9A check calendar; ask about migraines? (Mar 25)

13. Therapy thoughts: Achieving fitness goals is especially difficult when snacking is apparently the only effective, inexpensive, convenient de-stresser and I'm stressed almost all the time. Progress: Work on reflecting on progress. Regressive behavior is now minimal. ASK about what's scary about the room. About what else in her life (now or previously) is/was like that. Normalize putting the blankets away EVERY MORNING. Then move to doing it FIRST, along with getting dressed. What do I do about the fact that nothing really seems fun? "Having fun" is something of a chore. I need to talk to my parents about end-of-life plans (particularly funeral arrangements) and I'm not sure how to go about it. I do somewhat trust that they are capable of deciding when they need assisted living but should probably offer help in finding out what sort of place would be best BEFORE it actually becomes necessary.

14. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared."

WFTY: Priorities. Oh, and also when I cover a class I have to go into the security system and mark that I'm not in my room and which room I'm covering in and then when I'm done I have to change it back. Just like... the little things keep piling up.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus.
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    JFT:
    ☑️Drink at least 72oz water ✔️
    ☑️Stay under 1800 calories ❌ Stress ate a few things. Ugh!
    ☑️No coffee until 8am ✔️
    ☑️No food until 10am ✔️
    ☑️No food after 8pm ✔️
    ☑️Get at least 8000 steps today ✔️
    ☑️Send updated report for customer ✔️
    ☑️Take daughter to Lego Club if parents appt goes long ❌ Work meeting ran long
    ☑️No drama! Get along with parents ✔️
    ☑️Figure out the dinner plan that everyone can agree upon ✔️

JFT:
    ☑️Drink at least 72oz water
    ☑️Stay under 1800 calories
    ☑️No coffee until 8am
    ☑️No food until 10am
    ☑️No food after 8pm
    ☑️Get at least 8000 steps today
    ☑️Start pricing report for big customer
    ☑️Daughter's BFF spending weekend. Figure out dinner & snacks for kids.
    ☑️Wrap gift for tomorrow birthday party
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Just for Thursday:
    64 oz water :star:80+ oz YAY!
    Close activity rings :star:
    Log my food and close my Food Diary at the end of the day. See what your estimated weight would be in 5 weeks! Voila! :star:
    15 min sewing room declutter / 15 min declutter upstairs :star:Summer clothes/ 15 min digital declutter :star:cleaned out junk email
    Pick up April birthday cards - Chrissy, Bradley, Laura N Get brown bulk mail envelopes for Matt, Alli and Kendra's mail. Any others? CHECK! :)Ongoing in April
    Get outside! Enjoy the weather! Do some yardwork~ :star:Raked small segments in back yard. Rested. Wasn't a lot, but it was something!
    Make appts for Derm, Optical, message dr about Rx, contact Y re: Rx for Wellness ❌ Carry over to Friday
    Bills/Budget ❌ Carry over to Friday

Happy Friday! The house across the street's yard is in bloom with daffodils, hyacinths and something else that I'm not sure the name of. It's so pretty! I have a perfect view of her whole front yard from my TV Chair in the livingroom and I just can't get over the fact it was only 3 weeks ago that we had 15" of snow dumped on us to now having a whole week of over 80 degree weather. I'm trying to ignore the fact that we have a possibility of snow showers on Monday in the forecast. ;)

Yesterday I did well sticking to my food plan all day until about 10:30 last night. I woke up so hungry I couldn't sleep. So, I got up and had a half of a peanut butter sandwich to quiet my stomach. I don't think it put me over calories (had already closed my food diary) but still...I don't like eating that late at night. My focus in April is to try to distinguish Urges vs Real Hunger. Last night, dinner consisted mostly of veggies, and it doesn't seem to stay with me very long when I eat mostly plant-based. I have to tweak a bit and keep experimenting I guess!

Today, I plan to get outside and rake a few sections of our yard again. I can only do small sections at a time so I don't trigger swelling in my right arm. It takes days and sometimes weeks to get the swelling down if I'm not careful. It's depressing having drs tell me to not do things I've done all my life, so I am trying to be smart about it and figure out what I CAN do instead of what I CAN'T do. At this rate, though, it'll take me all summer to do the whole yard, so I'm pretty sure my husband will step in next week and take over. LOL It's okay. It gets me out in the sunshine and that's really what I am looking for. It's great exercise too! I doubled my calorie burn goal yesterday so YAY!

Yesterday's Wins:
    1. Stopped at enough. Threw away bites from lunch.
    2. Drank all the water. First day this week to hit 64+ oz
    3. Listened to podcasts. Worked on book study.

April's New Healthy Habit:
    This month (starting 4/14), I will: drink 64 oz of water daily.
    I will do this by: I will fill my MSQC 16 oz tumbler right after I finish my 2nd cup of coffee and carry with me, refilling 3 more times.
    Success will look like: Drinking 64 oz of water will become automatic and I won't have to actively pay attention to whether I'm getting enough water in. I will have more focus and less puffy fingers.

Just for Friday:
    24H Plan & Assess :)
    64 oz water
    Close activity rings
    Log my food and close my Food Diary at the end of the day. See what your estimated weight would be in 5 weeks! Voila!
    Pick up April birthday cards - Chrissy, Bradley, Laura N Get brown bulk mail envelopes for Matt, Alli and Kendra's mail. Any others? CHECK! :)Ongoing in April
    Get outside! Enjoy the weather! Do some yardwork~
    Make appts for Derm, Optical, message dr about Rx, contact Y re: Rx for Wellness
    Bills/Budget
    Evening Routine

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 Wow! Your grands are getting so big! It just shows how long we've been friends on here. LOL I'm sorry the job is draining. I hope a new one comes along really soon for you! I've never done ceramics but was actually thinking just the other day that I should look into lessons on that or pottery. I think that might be something I'd like. I do some quilting, but am looking for other hobbies too.

@Bex953172 Good job yesterday! I was just thinking about how long we've been friends on here. How old is Casey now? Gosh, we were all chatting when you were pregnant with her! Dang...time flies!

@_sirenofthesea_ Everyone and anyone can hop on here at anytime! It's basically just setting goals one day at a time, focusing on one day at a time, keeping ourselves accountable and cheering each other on. Some of us have been doing it for years and we have new members jump in and out often. I was steady on here for years, daily, but since retiring I find myself going MIA when I don't feel like logging onto my laptop. (I'm old school...) :) Welcome!

@emgracewrites I'm sorry you're having so much stress and struggles that go with it. There's always someone around if you decide to come back. (((HUGS))) :heart: