JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Options

Replies

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow except some hot cocoa and my dose of metamusal.

JFT for tomorrow 04/15 - No desserts or bread or crackers tomorrow unless special circumstances arise.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    I forgot to post goals for today.

I didn’t meet them if I had.

@PackerFanInGB - I heard a study the other day that says to keep our brains healthy as we age we need to have hobbies and that studies have shown that hobbies where you meet people and socialize are the most helpful. I joined ceramics to try to make some friends. I would like to do something else a couple evenings a week, but DH might grumble.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 - Officer Gomez goes by Deputy Gomez on IG. I see he’s also on YouTube.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 - Officer Gomez goes by Deputy Gomez on IG. I see he’s also on YouTube.

Haha thank god you said YouTube. I don't have Insta either. Lmao I don't have any social networks. Not FB, Twitter, IG, I used to have a tiktok but I only watched others I never made.my own. But I will search for him on YouTube lol x
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Well back to reality…
    Got home yesterday after 12 hrs of travel (including island transport, plane ride and drive home).. St Lucia was amazing. One interesting tidbit… Cats are everywhere. Teigan enjoyed that and named everyone she saw. There were two that always visited us at dinner time she named them Petunia and Patrick… happy to be home with our fur babies now though.
    I gave up on calorie counting while on vacation. Between desserts and free rum punch it was too much to ask. Luckily mixed drinks give me heart burn so I didn’t really overdo it on the booze and the beer in st Lucia is kinda terrible.
    I did have 3 great workouts and Teigan and I did the Gross Piton hike which was awesome. I don’t recommend it if you have back or knee problems, trouble with balance or if you’re in poor physical shape. Although they do being multiple guides as our lead guide said about 20% of each group turns around. There was about 20 in our group. I’d say that number was about right. The lead lady was a dang mountain goat. Teigan and I stayed on her heels (honestly it made it easier as we knew where to step) but aside from a hand full of 20 something year olds who were within sight we basically had split into three groups. The climb was work on the cardiovascular.. the down was pure balance and isomeric quad work. Teigan actually fell once cuz her legs were so tired. My quads are still hurting and this is three days later but I was kinda dumb and did weight circuit and ran 5 miles the next day. Being almost 50 I guess I recover slower.
    Anyway that was my highlight. We also did a cool catamaran tour and mud bath in a volcano. That was fun. The rest of the time was beach and sun.
    I’ve decided I’m not gonna step on the scale until next Friday. It’s only gonna depress me.

Todays goals
    1. Under 2 k calories
    2. Trainer ride
    3. Mow lawn if stops raining
    4. No beer
    5. Grocery shop
    6. 10-12 glasses of water
    7. No food after 9
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    JFT:
    ☑️Drink at least 72oz water✔️
    ☑️Stay under 1800 calories❌ didn't go over by much but I did go over
    ☑️No coffee until 8am ✔️
    ☑️No food until 10am ✔️
    ☑️No food after 8pm✔️
    ☑️Get at least 8000 steps today ✔️
    ☑️Start pricing report for big customer ❌ Pushed this out to Monday
    ☑️Daughter's BFF spending weekend. Figure out dinner & snacks for kids. ✔️
    ☑️Wrap gift for tomorrow birthday party ❌ Needs to get done this morning

JFT:
    ☑️Drink at least 72oz water
    ☑️Stay under 1800 calories
    ☑️No coffee until 8am
    ☑️No food until 10am
    ☑️No food after 8pm
    ☑️Get at least 8000 steps today
    ☑️Wrap gift and get child to make birthday card
    ☑️Kid birthday party this afternoon
    ☑️Kid BFF spending the night
    ☑️Try to remember to ask the kids what they want to eat tonight hours before dinner time...please no more pizza requests
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Saturday
    1. Tea. JFT.
    2. Tweetchats / get ready for SRC.
    3. Park shift. Massage - check time!
    4. Organize office.
    5. Blog about spring break.
    6. Honeydos: Taxes, unload dishwasher, hang clothes. If time, groceries.
    7. Laundry.
    8. Dinner: Salad. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Saturday YMCA & tweetchats on anon; library volunteering. Park walk? Used bookstore? When to work on Clois & Stuffy? Need to purchase and install doors; need to repair joist. C nap in bedroom.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 203.0

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit). ALA conference registration by March.

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ugly Christmas sweater. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba.

10. Immediate family: 20m room cleaning daily. When room is clean, nap together. Zoo? Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Load books in crate for McKay's. Work on staying home solo when dark. When is annual checkup? When is next therapy appt? Discuss regressive behaviors & becoming nonverbal when upset. Concerns about sleeping in room.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings; purple All-Stars. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Is ADHD a possible factor? Dentist April 19 11a. Therapy Mar 23 4p. How to respond to regressive behavior? Obgyn Mar 15 11a. ADHD testing Aug 10 2P and Aug 15 2P. Biometric April X 9AM.

12. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared."

WFTY: Priorities. Still trying to work my way back down from spring break.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    🫶🐰💎🐥🪞🐣🪞🐥💎🐰🫶
    🫶🐰💎 April 2023 💎🐰🫶
    🫶🐰💎🐥🪞🐣🪞🐥💎🐰🫶
    April focus: No change from March.
    If it ain’t broke then don’t fix it! 😝
    📍Focus: Positive thinking,
    Gratitude meditation:
    📍Adhere to Solid Habits
    Gratitude meditation
    💎💎💎💎💎💎💎
    💎💎💎💎💎💎💎

Current Solid Habits
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻

🫶 Terri
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow, except hot cocoa and my dose of metamusal.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    Posting goals on here today.. to keep myself accountable.
    I've been SO busy working in the yard.. but loving this weather! I planted so many flowers .. I had 15 trays of flowers that I started from seed.. all blooming and wanting to get outside! I gave a flat to a dear friend, and gave another friend enough for her flower pots.. and I still have some yet to plant!
    So with the yard work, I am finding it difficult to do 45 minutes on the treadmill and also lift weights.. so my gym hours have been less, but that is OK.
    Ha.. now to just control the food that I eat!! I work out a lot, and exercise a lot, but I know losing weight is 90% what I eat!
    I'm down 6 pounds since the end of march.. and if I can just lose 2 more pounds, I can at least be back in onderland.
    So, goals today..

1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. make mindful decisions

Ha.. don't know how I'll do with these, but I will try. Today I am baking a ham, brocolli casserole, asparagus, and scallopped pototatoes. Since I had to have a colonoscopy the day after easter ... I am making our easter "dinner" today since I had already bought the ham.
    Then.. tomorrow is our 46th wedding anniversary, so hubby and I are going out. Actually.. kinda celebrating all weekend. Yesterday we went to the fish fry.. this morning hubby cooked bacon, so had a breakfast of eggs and bacon. And today will be ham.. .tomorrow eating out. So not off to the best start!
    But ... that is what I have to learn. I can have days where I don't eat the best food for me.. .but if I can stay in moderation... not go crazy with the snacks. My meals are always pretty good.. its the snacking (an trail mix has been my latest snack food!).
  • more_freggies76
    edited April 2023
    Options
    JFT for tomorrow 04/15 - No desserts or bread or crackers tomorrow unless special circumstances arise. Yes

Hour commitment - nothing more for breakfast except my two cups of coffee. I won’t eat again until after 12 pm.

JFT for today 4/16
    No more desserts, bread, nuts, or crackers today

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
    🫶🐰💎🐥🪞🐣🪞🐥💎🐰🫶
    🫶🐰💎 April 2023 💎🐰🫶
    🫶🐰💎🐥🪞🐣🪞🐥💎🐰🫶
    April focus: No change from March.
    If it ain’t broke then don’t fix it! 😝
    📍Focus: Positive thinking,
    Gratitude meditation:
    📍Adhere to Solid Habits
    Gratitude meditation
    💎💎💎💎💎💎💎
    💎💎💎💎💎💎💎
    💎

Current Solid Habits
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻

🫶 Terri
  • jennysweet58
    jennysweet58 Posts: 216 Member
    Options

Good morning JFT Peeps! It's a lovely day in Green Bay again. It's going to be in the 80's again. Next week we have a chance of snow flurries, so I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

I'm calling today to see if I can join a program called Prescription for Wellness at the YMCA. I think getting exercise in the pool is something that could help me until I get the neuropathy in my feet under control. I need to start having the mindset of "What can I do?" versus "I can't do..." Where there's a will, there's a way. Right?

The pool is AWESOME. After my knee surgery I did PT in the pool and it was the thing that brought me back to life! Then DH and I joined a gym with a pool - it's heated and doesn't go above 4 feet, so you can swim, walk, jog, do leg lifts...hang on to the side and do kicks...or actually swim! ha ha. I've never been a strong swimmer so even when we used to use the pool at the Y I would bring a little kickboard - but I bet they also have some AquaFit classes you might be able to do as well. Honestly the pool has saved both my husband and I - he has back issues and and I have knee issues/ plantar fasciitis and it works great for both of us. I wear swim capris and swim suit more like a sports bra/tank top on top, just because it's way more comfortable to focus on a workout that way instead of worrying about a suit crawling up my butt. :o Anyway much more than you needed to know but BEST OF LUCK and YES focus on what you can do!!!
  • jennysweet58
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Why are kids so difficult and really like to put the pressure on?!
    Sorry I realise this is totally off topic but most of you have already been through the whole parenting thing and got the t-shirt but Christ, it's just occured to me that to be a good parent, I sometimes have to be the A*hole.

So Saskia, the eldest at 9, has been asking for a while but is now more persistent and serious about it, but she wants social media basically. She wants TikTok AND Snapchat. Because "all her friends use it".

My concerns, obviously, internet safety and inappropriate content. I honestly believe she's too young. But it's hard to keep up with the generation and what's annoying is I don't want her to be picked on/left out because she's not allowed to have it. And what blew my mind more was why didn't other parents have the same concern as me?
    (Oh and not ALL her friends have it, just some. I remember that trick)

I mean I remember the internet when I was a teen, older than sask now. It was much less regulated back then but some of the stuff I've seen. It's weird to grow up and realise the internet can actually also be dangerous.

She almost convinced me, I was gonna atleast check the apps and see what restrictions could be put in place. But I gave it a quick Google and realised I was right all along. She's too young.

So I suppose the reason for my post is do you agree with me? Or what's your opinion?
    At what point do I let her have it, because as much as the Google says "this app is 13+" or whatever. We've ALL done things before the legal age. We've all watched a 15 Rated.movie when we were like 12, under age drinking, smoking etc. Most of us have done something like that.

I just don't want to feel like I'm holding her back from things that alot of her generation seem to be doing, even though I'm doing it for good reason. And I don't want her to end up hating me for it further down the line

So my question is, where do you draw the line? Is it just based on what you think of your own kid and what you think they're able to handle and be responsible about?

I would not let her have it. Our fight with the girls was cell phones. We stuck it out and they didn’t get them until they could pay for them.

For an accurate idea of the internet issues, look at a FB guy named Officer Gomez. He is a school resource officer and the things he posts will ease your mind you are making the right decision.
    It’s scary stuff out there.

For what it's worth, I absolutely agree 9 is too young. We live in NYC and so our rule was giving the girls cell phones when they graduated from 5th grade, because after that they'd be traveling on their own to school, etc. and they needed them for emergencies. Everyone draws the line in a different place, but I was always shocked at the number of elementary school kids with phones. I am sure they used friends' phones, etc. so nothing will shield kids from social media entirely, but I felt like if I could slow them down at least that would help. My youngest even ended up deleting her IG in high school because she felt it got so toxic, and was affecting her negatively. I guess my best advice would be to talk about it, make sure she understands why you're making that choice even if she doesn't agree with it, and let her know you don't mind if she badmouths you to all her friends to save face. I used to tell my girls if someone was pressuring them to do something they knew was dangerous the could say "I can't. My mother is insane, it's like she has spies everywhere and she somehow finds out everything! I think she might be following me!!" Better to be the stalker mom with safe kids! ha ha Maybe a compromise would be to allow her to access an account via desktop computer at home, that you share the password to. That way you can monitor what's posted, and talk about anything that looks sketchy. Or pull the plug entirely if come across too many issues. At least that way you both are in an active conversation about it....anyway best of luck!
  • jennysweet58
    Options
    @pamperedlinny - I saw your post that your parents wanted to bring a PUPPY as a gift???? I mean...honestly!!! I hope they didn't show up with it in their arms and then made you say "No" - but the fact your daughter even knows about it is a bummer too, it's basically the same thing. I hope that was the only drama close-call, and the rest of the visit went well! I just found out my sister is flying my father and his wife from NC to VT for her daughter's high school graduation in June, so that lets me and the hubby off the hook from planning a visit to NC to see them (it's been over a year now, so that feeling of obligation was starting to creep up.) We can go to the graduation and see them in the midst of family/event parties, and my husband is super charming so he runs interference with them and takes the burden off me. Drama is never far around the corner with them, so it just feels like I am wary of landmines everywhere and can never relax...but at least we don't have to go to the expense of flying there and spending extended one-on-one time. I hope your visit was a positive one overall!
  • jennysweet58
    Options
    Work has been insane so my goals have basically been to get through each day without breaking down. :( Kitchen demo starts tomorrow....@Bex953172 how are you liking your new-ish kitchen? My floor tiles are lost in a truck somewhere, and the trucking guy said the driver's name was Tony Soprano. I laughed thinking it was a joke, and it turns out that was actually the guy's name!!! I put in another order in a panic and had them shipped to our home instead of the store, hoping that way they'd be easier to track at least. There's plenty to get started on since my contractor is basically a one man band, so he can save the floor for last if need be. We've cleaned out all the cabinets and have set up a little kitchen area in the dining room with an electric kettle, hotplate and toaster. Not sure if we'll have access to the microwave...and I expect the work will take about 3 weeks to finish, so it's gonna be a drag...but SO EXCITED to have a beautiful new updated kitchen! The fireclay farmhouse sink arrived intact so BIG HOORAY on that one!! We've been setting up the backyard and all the clematis and hydrangeas are coming back to life, I'm planting morning glories on the back wall for the first time so that will be an adventure. :) The pergola & backyard seating is out so at least we can escape there to get away from the chaos that will be going on the next few weeks. Today's goals area:

1. Prep fridge-friendly meals:
    -Rainbow Mediterranean Salad (good for grab and go lunches)
    -a massive batch of cauliflower rice (to go with various meals I have in the freezer
    - a big batch of Hungry Girl's "Growing Oatmeal" (good cold with some berries for breakfast)
    _a double batch of turkey burger sliders - (we can bag and freeze them - DH likes them cold so
    those will come in handy.
    2. Finish the last of clearing the kitchen
    3. Pick up primer/paint for the cabinets.
    4. Enjoy some down time with the hubby.

Make it a great day everyone!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Sunday
    1. Tea. Elliptical.
    2. JFT / Laundry / get ready for SRC.
    3. Park shift.
    4. Organize office.
    5. Blog about spring break.
    6. Honeydos: Hang clothes. C - sort laundry.
    7. Blog post: spring break.
    8. Dinner: Salad. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Saturday YMCA & tweetchats on anon; library volunteering. Park walk? When to work on Clois & Stuffy? Need to purchase and install doors; need to repair joist. C nap in bedroom.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 203.0

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit). ALA conference registration by March.

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ugly Christmas sweater. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba.

10. Immediate family: 20m room cleaning daily. When room is clean, nap together. Zoo? Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Load books in crate for McKay's. Work on staying home solo when dark. When is annual checkup? When is next therapy appt? Discuss regressive behaviors & becoming nonverbal when upset. Concerns about sleeping in room.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings; purple All-Stars. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Is ADHD a possible factor? Dentist April 19 11a. Therapy Mar 23 4p. How to respond to regressive behavior? Obgyn Mar 15 11a. ADHD testing Aug 10 2P and Aug 15 2P. Biometric April X 9AM.

12. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared."

WFTY: Priorities. Looking forward to NOT WORKING on Saturday XD
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow except my hot chocolate and dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    Options

JFT for today 4/16
    No more desserts, bread, nuts, or crackers today. Yes

JFT for tomorrow 4/17
    Nothing to eat until after 12 pm except my coffee stuff.
    No more than 1/4 cup nuts

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Somehow I didn't post again, I really need to take this more seriously! My knee creaks and cracks with every step up or down. This is a new development, and has made me super aware that I need to get weight off my knees.
    I've read back a few pages. @pamperedlinny I'm gobsmacked that your parents would think a surprise puppy was good idea! I hope they spoke to you before telling your daughter.
    I can still remember many years ago having to learn to reverse round a corner. But was never taught to parallel park lol.

JFT Monday 17th April

Eat 3 sensible meals
    No more than one small snack
    Phone electrician and roofer
    Cook up turnips (love turnip, will put lots in freezer for later)
    Start new cleaning plan I saw online

I do know how to clean lol, but fancy trying a routine I read about. Since I stopped work, I actually do less than before. Need a bit more routine in my life at the moment.

I'd planned to carry on gardening today, but it's raining. Hopefully later.