Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 220

Options

Replies

• clprieur
    clprieur Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    shmmm3 wrote: »

@clprieur It sounds like you and Golly were doing amazingly! He's lucky to have you.

Awww, thanks. <3

• clprieur
    clprieur Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    RenaPink11 wrote: »
    You are better than I am. I am quick to tell someone to mind their business. LOL We took in a dog that hadn’t lived outside of a kennel and it took time for her to adjust and learn “how to be a dog” She’s the sweetest and I’m very protective. We think she’s about 6 or 7 now and we’ve had her 5 years. I’d say just in the last 2 years has she really grown into her personality, become the goodest girl, show her silly side. We got a puppy 4 years ago and that really brought out her inner puppy that she never got to be. It’s been wonderful to watch her grow.

@RenaPink11 Funny you should say, because I was just telling hubby today that we should get another dog. :) Golly is the sweetest, snuggliest boy. He is just a bit nervous, understandably. I think the world is a bit overwhelming to him. And also a lot of folks are nervous around him, because he kind of looks like a Pitbull, and he is huge. I love him, though, and he is really coming along fantastically.
  • jspecies11
    jspecies11 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday @musicsax !!
    I hope your special day was great. May it be an outstanding year for you.
  • musicsax
    musicsax Posts: 4,382 Member
    Options
    fmfdfa2020 wrote: »
    clprieur wrote: »
    Christine from Burlington, Ontario, Canada 😊
    My 10th Round
    Age 53, 5’5”
    June 2005: 345 lbs (Highest known weight before WLS Aug 2005)
    June 2017: 241.8 lbs.
    Weight Beginning this Round: 140.0 lbs
    Goal Weight: 135 lbs

This round's daily goals:
    1. Stay “Under” in MFP 10/10 days – ☹☹☹😊
    2. 6 cups fluids 10/10 days – 😊😊😊😊
    3. 10-min guided meditation 10/10 days - ☹☹☹😊
    4. Attend work 8/8 days –😊😊😊
    5. Gym strength training 4/10 days -

4/12 – 140.0 lbs – Okay, I am 1.8 lbs less than I was at the start of the last round, so #winning. I am also 17.6 lbs lower than I was when I started doing these 10-day challenges on January 13th, almost exactly 3 months ago. Apparently doing things in 10-day increments is really helpful for me! Thanks @quiltingjaine! 😊 Yesterday was a disaster, calorie wise, which included giving up on logging in MFP, eating Chinese food for dinner, followed by an ice-cream cone from Laura Secord in the mall. When I got most of the way through the cone, as always, I started to feel sick (due to gastric bypass). I told hubby this, and he urged me stop eating and throw the cone in the garbage so I didn’t feel even worse. I said no and quickly went to gobble up the rest of the ice-cream but at the same time he lunged for the cone and grabbed it out of my hand. LOL! Hilariously people were watching and probably think I am an abused wife. In reality I am a dumb wife who insists on consistently eating ice-cream even though it makes me violently ill! It’s only been 18 years since I got gastric bypass, I am still learning! 😉 I have to go to Toronto today so I don’t think I’ll get all my steps in, unfortunately. I put a note in my phone to go walk at lunch, so that should help a bit. I better get my butt in gear. Have a great day, folks!
    4/13 – 139.6 lbs - Train to Toronto. Walked at lunch. Subway for dinner. Took the dog to the beach after work – I think it was his first time ever seeing a beach or a lake and he was pretty timid, but did well! He loves his rubber chickens, so we would throw one a little ways into the lake and he would gingerly go in almost to his belly to fetch it. It was super cute. We will get him used to it. 😊 But more Pitbull than Lab in that dog, I think! Lol.
    4/14 – 138.6 lbs – So, I haven’t been logging my calories for a few days now. I mean I start out okay in the morning, and lunch goes well, but then everything goes crazy around dinner time. And then I end up “deleting” the entries for the day because I didn’t log dinner and it’s not “perfect” so therefore it shouldn’t exist at all. Lol. Oops. Yes, I am a bit crazy, if you haven’t noticed yet! Anyhow, given that I haven’t really been paying attention, I am SHOCKED that the scale is down. That is bizarre. And I’m not dehydrated, because I think I did drink enough yesterday. So it could potentially catch up to me tomorrow or the next day, but hubby leaves for San Diego today so I have 12 days to work off what I may have gained while he was home. (I was actually thinking yesterday that maybe it should just be a thing that I don’t log calories when he is home, or at least don’t get stressed if I don’t log the entire day.) Today I have a call scheduled with my new running coach after work, to discuss the plan she has created for me. I am to start the plan on Sunday. I will give you updates on how it goes! 😊
    4/15 – 139.8 lbs – Well, there is that bounce-back I was expecting. Funny how even though I know it’s going to happen and I’m fully expecting it, it’s still disappointing when you get on the scale and see a bump up. Even though my logical brain knows it is fine, and normal, and also connected to the fact that I haven’t been logging, my emotional side still feels it. That is part of what I am working on, tho, is to not be so emotionally attached to what the scale says. (Down = happy for the day, up = sad.) I had my first session with my new running coach yesterday. She had made up a training schedule for me (incorporating a bunch of exercises to strengthen my knees, warmup/cool down, my strength training days at the gym, etc.). It was very nice to chat with her and she is very motivating. I was supposed to start my new schedule tomorrow but I was too excited and started today. Lol. To start out, she has me running for one minute and then walking for one minute. I was supposed to go for about 45 minutes. I thought there was no friggin way I was doing to be able to do 1:1. But you know what, I was actually surprised at how well I did! Was it perfect? Nope. Sometimes I had to walk for 2 minutes, sometimes the dog had to stop to pee, sometimes we got to a bumpy spot on the sidewalk, or it was a dark place or whatever (we left at 4:40 AM). But overall it was pretty fun and I was excited by my ability. I have spent my entire life believing that my body was “less than” and not capable. If you have daughters, please teach them that this is complete and utter BS. Anyway, I did a 80 minute route. I used my Fitbit timer function, which counted down from 1 minute and then vibrated when it was time to stop walking and start running. I felt a bit dizzy when I got home; maybe dehydrated. It was fun! 😊
    4/16 – 138.9 lbs – Well, we are half way through the challenge and I am down by a total of 0.2 lbs. Lol. Whoops. However, I finally counted my calories for the entire day, yesterday, so hopefully things are on an upswing. I went for a two hour walk this morning, and Golly did so well! That being said, I am really not sure why everyone who has a non-reactive dog feels it necessary to stop and give advice to people with a reactive dog... Like, is your dog 78 lbs? No. Has your dog been in a cage for a year? No. So. How about you shut it? This morning, I had Golly sit and watch as another dog passed us. He sat there calmly, I had the leash loose, and he didn’t react at all, other than pant a bit. I was speaking to him quietly, telling him he was doing a good job, and I was petting the wrinkles out of his forehead. So, the lady felt compelled to stop and tell me, “You get what you pet. If you just relax a bit." I was like "DUDE, I AM RELAXED." Of course, I haven't had my meds yet, so… Okay, now I have about 89 hours of cleaning to do. Wish me luck.
    4/17 -
    4/18
    4/19 -
    4/20
    4/21 -

You are better than I am. I am quick to tell someone to mind their business. LOL We took in a dog that hadn’t lived outside of a kennel and it took time for her to adjust and learn “how to be a dog” She’s the sweetest and I’m very protective. We think she’s about 6 or 7 now and we’ve had her 5 years. I’d say just in the last 2 years has she really grown into her personality, become the goodest girl, show her silly side. We got a puppy 4 years ago and that really brought out her inner puppy that she never got to be. It’s been wonderful to watch her grow.

@RenaPink11 This-> "...that really brought out her inner puppy that she never got to be."

....is so wonderful and so sweet!!

Yes, when we got her, she didn't even know what a toy was! Made me so sad... and mad! But she's grown into such a wonderful spoiled girl, living her best life -- as she should! <3

This reminded me of a stray dog we took in over 40 years ago as a newly married couple; she didn't know what to do with a bone, my husband got down on the floor and showed her!! He didn't actually chew the bone, but he all but did!! She had obviously been ill treated, she was so nervous of feet and never got over that in all the years we had her, she had cigarette burns on her too. How people can mistreat animals (or children for that matter) is totally beyond me - if they don't like them don't have !!!