MFP and significant others poll

Options
2»

Replies

• infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    It's not FB or MFP that break up relationships, it's lack of respect or trust within the relationship that breaks it up. And no, it hasn't messed up my relationship!

^^^THIS. Everytime people would say or articles would be writeen about FB busting up marriages, I thought it was malarky. If its going to happen, its going to happen....

For the record, neither have or ever would mess my marriage up. We can do bad all on our own. I keed, we're good. Just thought I would see what others thought....

I'm actually quite suprised at how many MFPers feel the same - that it's the relationship that does the breaking. It seems like a lot of times folks do try to blame the 'webz on that shiz.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... I am not in a relationship but I do hope for those who are in one bf/gf, engaged, married, I hope that you respect your significant other while one here or any other site.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    It's not FB or MFP that break up relationships, it's lack of respect or trust within the relationship that breaks it up. And no, it hasn't messed up my relationship!

^^^THIS. Everytime people would say or articles would be writeen about FB busting up marriages, I thought it was malarky. If its going to happen, its going to happen....

For the record, neither have or ever would mess my marriage up. We can do bad all on our own. I keed, we're good. Just thought I would see what others thought....

I'm actually quite suprised at how many MFPers feel the same - that it's the relationship that does the breaking. It seems like a lot of times folks do try to blame the 'webz on that shiz.

Then they're blind and don't want to see the truth. My ex still fails to admit how horribly he treated me. He blames the internet.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    NOTE: I did not ask if it did NOT bust up your relationship, but rather if it DID. Nor did I ask for explanations about why it wouldn't. I would like to know if it HAS and if so WHY, or if it is possible WHY. :huh:

Not that I don't appreciate all input and thoughts, but none of that answers my original questions, lol - though I am very HAPPY to see it has not yet affected anyone's relationship. :smile:
  • freshstart4me
    Options
    it hasnt mine and i believe that if it affects anone's marriage then your marriage wasnt as solid as it should have been and youre just looking for a way out....allthe whorish activities go on because people are as self confidnet in real life...its easy to have some guy/girl on MFP/FB tell you how hot you are when your husband/wife isnt telling you....
  • bry_all01
    Options
    My husband did accuse me of cheating on him because of being on MFP a lot. We had a lot going on at the time and I flat out told him I would rather talk to people on here than him because they would listen and cared. Guess it was an eye opener to him because he made some changes.

So yes I can see it breaking up a relationship, especially with an easily made jealous partner.

I totally get that. Mine prefers I spend time with him, than "talk" to you all on here, when we are together. Even if it means I just sit and stare at him watching tv, lol.
  • bry_all01
    Options
    do you know how many articles I've read where a spouse "blamed" Facebook for ruining their marriage? That is where this question/poll came from. Is no one else curious to see if anyone "blames" MFP for the same?

I'm not saying I agree a website could bust it up, I am just curious....I mean, a lot of us compliment each other and flirt, so how many take it to the next level....
  • Ireshgurl
    Options

^^^ This. My hubby knows I'm on here. I've even asked him to join so he can motivate me better, lol. He'll ask me occasionally when I bust out laughin at something funny what it is and I'll tell him to get his own account, lol. Most of the time he's right next to me when I'm on here.
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options

If not, do you think it has the potentional to break up a marriage or relationship? If so, why or how?

***NO JUDGMENTS HERE, JUST CURIOUS***

If a website breaks up your marriage I think it was doomed already the website just speeds up the process. NO website could break up my mariage. WE are extremely close and sooooooooooo different.

This. I would like to say it a little different though. It's not a website that breaks up people. It's PEOPLE that ruin relationships. People (whether the ones in the relationship or ones flirting/going after people in relationships) don't respect the relationship and go looking for something else (in the relationship) or interact inappropriately with some one in a relationship. If you are unhappy in a relationship, put your grown up pants on and GET OUT OF IT then go looking for something else. And don't go messin around with people in relationships, I don't care how bad it is. If someone would sneak around with you while with someone else they would do it to you as well. I just don't get people that don't respect someone's relationship or their own. I personally don't think that people in relationships should have any kind of friendship or relationship with any one else of the opposite sex on a one on one basis. It is a dangerous spot to be in cause it open possibilities. To many people these days. when things get tough, instead of working it out they just start looking else where...it seems like finding people who are truly committed to making a relationship work these days is a tough job. A relationship takes WORK! ok sorry for the soap box!!! LOL ......Just, if one wants someone else, isn't getting what they need in their current spot and needs more then just do you BOTH a favor and end it THEN move on. Maybe you could still be friends at least..
  • infamousmk
    Options
    Whoa. Whorish activities? Really? That's quite a bold statement.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    We're trying reallllly hard to let topics like this stay up. Please help us out by following forum rules:

4) Do not attack/slam/insult other users. The forums are here so that members can help support one another. Attacks or insults against each other takes away from the supportive atmosphere and will not be tolerated. You can discuss the message or topic, but not the messenger - NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, YOU will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself, defending a friend, etc. are NOT excuses. Violations of this rule are taken very seriously and may result in being banned without warning! If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

17) Please stay on-topic, and help us make our forums a "No Hijacking" zone. Users come to MyFitnessPal for support and encouragement. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are discouraging and disrespectful, and will be deleted. Repeated offense may result in revocation of posting privileges. Please either contribute positively to a thread, or move on without posting.

Please keep it respectful at all times.
    Thank you for your cooperation.

Ladyhawk00
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
  • bry_all01
    Options
    We're trying reallllly hard to let topics like this stay up. Please help us out by following forum rules:

4) Do not attack/slam/insult other users. The forums are here so that members can help support one another. Attacks or insults against each other takes away from the supportive atmosphere and will not be tolerated. You can discuss the message or topic, but not the messenger - NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, YOU will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself, defending a friend, etc. are NOT excuses. Violations of this rule are taken very seriously and may result in being banned without warning! If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

17) Please stay on-topic, and help us make our forums a "No Hijacking" zone. Users come to MyFitnessPal for support and encouragement. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are discouraging and disrespectful, and will be deleted. Repeated offense may result in revocation of posting privileges. Please either contribute positively to a thread, or move on without posting.

Please keep it respectful at all times.
    Thank you for your cooperation.

Ladyhawk00
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator

Thank you!
  • bry_all01
    Options

Moreover, get your butt up and make your partner happy.

so, its the victims fault if they get cheated on, then? Dude, rock on! I am SO using that next time. :tongue:
  • infamousmk
    Options

Moreover, get your butt up and make your partner happy.

so, its the victims fault if they get cheated on, then? Dude, rock on! I am SO using that next time. :tongue:

As an aside, not all partners who wander are alone - my exH was a lying cheating SOB ... I put out, cooked, cleaned, the works.. he was just too insecure to have his *kitten* together in a relationship.
  • glitterpiss
    Options
    My view on this is that if you don't trust each other to have other friends and to build relationships with other people online, then you really aren't looking out for their best interests and your relationship is not going to work out anyway. If someone is going to cheat online, they are likely going to do it IRL so its a matter of time really.

If you don't trust each other to have other friends and to build relationships with other people online, then you really aren't looking out for their best interests and your relationship is not going to work out anyway.

I just don't get people that don't respect someone's relationship or their own. I personally don't think that people in relationships should have any kind of friendship or relationship with any one else of the opposite sex on a one on one basis. It is a dangerous spot to be in cause it open possibilities.

So the fact that I'm bisexual means I shouldn't have any friends that I hang out with alone because its possible that I might cheat? I would dump anyone so quick that didn't trust me enough to be alone with a member of the opposite sex.
  • infamousmk
    Options
    My view on this is that if you don't trust each other to have other friends and to build relationships with other people online, then you really aren't looking out for their best interests and your relationship is not going to work out anyway. If someone is going to cheat online, they are likely going to do it IRL so its a matter of time really.

If you don't trust each other to have other friends and to build relationships with other people online, then you really aren't looking out for their best interests and your relationship is not going to work out anyway.

I just don't get people that don't respect someone's relationship or their own. I personally don't think that people in relationships should have any kind of friendship or relationship with any one else of the opposite sex on a one on one basis. It is a dangerous spot to be in cause it open possibilities.

So the fact that I'm bisexual means I shouldn't have any friends that I hang out with alone because its possible that I might cheat? I would dump anyone so quick that didn't trust me enough to be alone with a member of the opposite sex.

True dat. People don't cheat because they're alone with someone they're attracted to, they cheat because they have insecurities, relationship problems they're too chicken to resolve, and lack of respect for themselves or their partner. Not because they're incapable of being alone with someone of the opposite sex (or same, for those of us in that boat.)
  • gisele246
    gisele246 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    People will always find a way to cheat. MFP or facebook is not the reason people cheat; it's the venue.