What to do with Marshmellow Fluff?

Options
124»

Replies

• RachM
    RachM Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I would have to say that no - marshmallow fluff isnt good for you, but the minute we start saying "dont eat that!" "throw that out!" "why do people buy things that are bad for you" the minute you want it. No, I wouldnt recommend eating the whole jar, or eating a fluffernutter sandwich every day for lunch, but as long as its in your calories for the day who cares! Dont deprive yourself of things you enjoy. This isnt a DIET its a LIFESTYLE and lets be honest, smores, fluff, chocolate, candy and everything else thats bad for you needs to be allowed as a treat. Not all of your treats need to be healthy.

With that being said, I like to buy 100 calorie chocolate bars, spread fluff on them and freeze them, put a banana, chocolate chips and fluff on a pice of tin foil and wrap it all up, stick it in the oven....mmm gooey and delicious.

Enjoy your fluff!
  • Sarahbear83
    Sarahbear83 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Like a few others, I mix it in with cream cheese for a fruit dip. I add in a juice from 1-2 oranges to thin it out a bit.

I realize it's not a health food, but there's nothing wrong with enjoying treats like this in moderation. I typically use it for family gatherings around holidays. As long as you portion it out, you'll be fine. Deprivation leads to binging.
  • folwarck
    folwarck Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add 1 pk (8 oz bar) of cream cheese (light or fat free if you prefer), a large container of marshmello fluff, and 1 tsp of vanilla. Mix together until smooth. This dip is great with strawberries.
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    getting back to the topic.....

I like to add mine to some cool whip and it makes a GREAT fruit dip.

and YES I know cool whip isn't all that great for you either, but I still enjoy it, and I feel I'm a big girl and can make my own choices! Just thought I'd throw that in cos I know someone will mention it....:ohwell:
    You go girl!!! Right on not everyone can be perfect :)

sigh. :noway: it's not about being perfect, it's about encouraging one another to make good choices.
    If I asked "hey guys what can I do with lard?" you'd remind me that it is CRAP and bad for me(...I hope), not give me ways to use it. Marshmallow fluff is unhealthy because it is junk food, and we are here to help one another. I'd be doing you a disservice if I lead you to believe it is a food that fits into a weight-loss goal.

Toss it out and eat an apple. :flowerforyou:

VERY Nicely said!!!! I agree 100%! The first thing I said when I saw the topic heading was Get rid of it!
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Seriously, Marshmallow Fluff is NOT your friend. Just like yummy Nutella is not your friend. Fluffer-nutters are deliciously not your friends. Toss it. Try sugar-free cool-whip instead of marshmallow anything on your fruit salad or in the "ice cream" sandwich recipe. It's still processed as all get-out, but it's at least low-sugar and low-cal, which can't really be said for the (evilly delicious) Marshmallow Fluff.

:flowerforyou:

I have lost almost 50lbs by eating all of that "processed sugar crap" just in moderation. If you have measuring spoons and are real with yourself, you shouldn't have a problem. I often come home and eat a tablespoon of nutella right out of the container. YUM!
  • SP0472
    SP0472 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I have no ideas as to what you can do with the stuff - I've never purchased it but I do have to add my 2cents just to say...

As someone who's brand spanking new to this site and to the idea of getting healthy and losing weight, I'm really surprised by the reaction of people to the idea of getting rid of the stuff. I understand people want treats and still want everything in moderation, but people were being honest about what this stuff actually is and the advice was to just chuck it. There was no name calling, no judgement but it seemed a whole lotta backlash to the idea to chuck it.

I'm not saying we have to deny ourselves anything - far from it. And I would never profess to tell anyone what to eat or what not to eat. That's just not who I am.

I am just confused about why the hostility towards the idea of doing away with this item. I could understand if someone was called names or ridiculed...but I didn't see that.

I just find it odd is all that on a site that PROMOTES healthy lifestyles that people suggesting to eat something more healthy would be treated so hostile.

That said....people really should do whatever makes them happy. But as a good friend of mine used to say "if you ask a question, be prepared for any answer...."
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Going back over this old thread. I am so glad it is here it was such a defining moment of why I quit making progress so long ago. Now it is 2023 and I really wish I had not got let the comments get to me the way they did. I really tried to be all health nut after this and for me it just made me feel like such a failure. I wish I could go back to 2010 and just enjoy myself. I had lost 85lbs at this point and was so much healthier even with a little marshmellow fluf people are even meaner now.; I am mainly typing this for me because finally 13 years later, I am finally getting back on track and not letting anyone get me down. :smiley: or cause me to start self sabotoging becuase I want a treat sometimes.
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    1 jar of marshmellow fluff, 1 package softened cream cheese (regular or fat-free). mix.

it is the most amazing fruit dip!

try it with strawberries, pineapple, blueberries, apples, anything. you will <3 it. yum!

Yum looking over this 13 years later and adding it to my "treat list" yummy!
  • Maria_Albina
    Maria_Albina Posts: 24 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Make a quesadilla with peanut butter and low carb tortillas! Or strawberry slices instead of the peanut butter to save calories
  • lbreynolds5586
    lbreynolds5586 Posts: 2 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Use a small lo carb keto tortilla. Put marshmallow fluff on 1/4, nutella on 1/4, banana slices or strawberries on 1/4. Make a slit to the middle, fold it over to form a triangle and toast both sides in a nonstick skillet.

Or a nut butter like almond butter