JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Options

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 @Bex953172 - IME girls are also much more heavily socialized to be compliant, so boys' ADHD-related behavior is much more noticeable. I've got an appointment for testing, but they can't see me until AUGUST. I don't tend to have much physical hyperactivity, but recently I saw something about incessant mental chatter / "racing thoughts" and it caught my attention. I always thought that was just a "me" thing.

I don't tend to think of myself as lazy, but I forget things VERY easily. I've developed strategies to help me keep track of my commitments, as following through on something I've said is incredibly important to me. And even then, it doesn't always work. I filled out my time sheet for tutoring on Monday and got it signed and I meant to scan it on Tuesday and send it in but then I couldn't find it, and that was incredibly upsetting for me.

I also don't sleep through the night. I had a sleep study done a few years ago and they said "well no sleep apnea!" (which was obvious) but they did say that in addition to waking up fully several times, I came out of deep sleep a LOT, and was very restless. So I'm hoping that treatment for ADHD might allow my MIND to be more restful, which will allow me to get better sleep.

OMG! I could have written this myself. My brain NEVER stops! I had the sleep study done also...they told me my brain is busy all night long and when it should be in a REM getting deep sleep, it's busy jumping all over the place. I can't seem to stay on task. I have trouble remembering things, sometimes can't even pay attention to what someone is saying to me WHILE they're saying it! The chatter in my head feels like a hamster on a wheel every single day. It's exhausting and stressful...honestly. Good luck at your appointment. I hope you get answers!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options

Just for Today
    • 24H Plan & Assess :smile:
    • WATER :(
    • Close activity rings :(
    • Begin filling out functionality forms :)
    • Home Care & Ta-Da's :)
    • Pick up Rx today or tomorrow :# Do this on Thursday!
    • Early to bed. :( Brain wouldn't shut up! Not a restful night.

Just for Today
    • 24H Plan & Assess :)
    • WATER
    • Close activity rings
    • GD's Honor Society Awards ceremony
    • Home Care & Ta-Da's
    • Pick up Rx today
    • Early to bed.
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,612 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again intil tomorrow. Can still have hot cocoa and my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    edited April 2023
    Options
    JFT for 4/20
    Can have chocolate Yes, but no ice cream No, but was a reasoned choice.
    No croissants Yes
    Can have crackers and other bread stuff Yes
    No more than 1/4 cup of nuts Yes

JFT for 04/21
    None today, just enjoy my vacation.

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options

JFT Thursday 20th April

Eat 3 sensible meals 2 good, toast in the evening
    Only one small snack think it was 2
    Laundry yes
    Grocery shopping yes
    Work in garden yes, was hard going!

JFT Friday 21st April

Eat 3 sensible meals
    Eat some veg!
    Only one small snack
    Walk, take son's dog
    Clear up kitchen

I'm still aching after yesterday's gardening so I'm going to do indoor things until my friend arrives to walk later. Annoying that I have to pace myself but I know if I do any digging this morning I won't be able to walk later. Remembering "how to eat an elephant..."

I'm finding the discussion on ADHD interesting. I too have "mental chatter", forget things VERY easily, and my sleep is terrible. I can fall asleep no bother but am always awake multiple times a night. I feel like I get very little deep sleep. I'm lucky if I can manage a full hour asleep, often it's less than that, so waking 8 - 10 times a night.
    I'm not diagnosing myself with ADHD though, as I assume you'd have those traits from birth? I didn't become forgetful until after I stopped working, and the sleep thing is only in the last approx 12 years. Sure wish I could fix the sleeping!

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 @Bex953172 - IME girls are also much more heavily socialized to be compliant, so boys' ADHD-related behavior is much more noticeable. I've got an appointment for testing, but they can't see me until AUGUST. I don't tend to have much physical hyperactivity, but recently I saw something about incessant mental chatter / "racing thoughts" and it caught my attention. I always thought that was just a "me" thing.

I don't tend to think of myself as lazy, but I forget things VERY easily. I've developed strategies to help me keep track of my commitments, as following through on something I've said is incredibly important to me. And even then, it doesn't always work. I filled out my time sheet for tutoring on Monday and got it signed and I meant to scan it on Tuesday and send it in but then I couldn't find it, and that was incredibly upsetting for me.

I also don't sleep through the night. I had a sleep study done a few years ago and they said "well no sleep apnea!" (which was obvious) but they did say that in addition to waking up fully several times, I came out of deep sleep a LOT, and was very restless. So I'm hoping that treatment for ADHD might allow my MIND to be more restful, which will allow me to get better sleep.

Totally agree. Also hyperactiveness doesn't necessarily mean the giddy, running around kind of thing. It can be exactly what you said. Your mind is hyperactive, as is mine, my brains never quiet? There's always noise. Apparently neurotypical people can have quiet minds? I can't even fathom what that must even be like lol
    But hyperactivity can show in what they call "stimming" so rocking your foot, tapping fingers, picking at your nails or skin, for me, whenever I'm standing still, I rock my legs back and forth. And it's one of the things I remember doing since forever because when I was a child adults used to think I needed the toilet. But I was just rocking my legs.

These are all things that every one does. But to determine whether it's neurodivergency is the frequency, intensity and duration.

I hope you get sorted.
    Last I heard over here was a six year waiting list. So August doesn't seem so bad to me 😂

I'm the same, very forgetful, I can't explain things very well, I can't explain feelings very well. I have to tell my own brain to not interrupt when people are speaking and then because I'm doing that I'm not listening and general real life conversations can turn into a right mess.

Half the time i feel like people just have no idea what I'm talking about or what I mean which is very very frustrating. So I just dont say anything.

I can't remember barely any of my childhood either. Not in the same way others can. Certain things wil trigger random memories. But it seems to be memories that had emotions around it whether that be something funny, loving or even hurtful. But the general day to day.. no idea.

And no way about the sleep!! My watch monitors my sleep and since forever it's said I don't get enough sleep. I put it down to maybe that's just how I sleep or maybe it's just because it's a cheap watch so it doesn't detect it properly but yeah, my deep sleep is always poor.
  • Bex953172
    Options

OMG! I could have written this myself. My brain NEVER stops! I had the sleep study done also...they told me my brain is busy all night long and when it should be in a REM getting deep sleep, it's busy jumping all over the place. I can't seem to stay on task. I have trouble remembering things, sometimes can't even pay attention to what someone is saying to me WHILE they're saying it! The chatter in my head feels like a hamster on a wheel every single day. It's exhausting and stressful...honestly. Good luck at your appointment. I hope you get answers!

Omg the mid-conversation "zone out" IS the worst.
    What annoys me is all these things I can't help do I feel like people see as bad traits in me. Like Im rude, or I don't care, or I'm just lazy or I'm short -tenpered and the truth is the complete opposite. But I just can't seem to get people to understand me.

Tbh I'm glad it was brought up on the thread. I've done a lot of research, but I doubt myself. I shouldnt, but I do. But one day I just thought maybe I've thought it all up in my head and I'm making the symptoms fit around me. I guess I didn't have enough support or people who believed me. But after it being mentioned on here and 2 of you are saying the exact same things, and the internet is saying the same thing.. surely not everyone is wrong.
  • Bex953172
    edited April 2023
    Options

JFT Thursday 20th April

Eat 3 sensible meals 2 good, toast in the evening
    Only one small snack think it was 2
    Laundry yes
    Grocery shopping yes
    Work in garden yes, was hard going!

JFT Friday 21st April

Eat 3 sensible meals
    Eat some veg!
    Only one small snack
    Walk, take son's dog
    Clear up kitchen

I'm still aching after yesterday's gardening so I'm going to do indoor things until my friend arrives to walk later. Annoying that I have to pace myself but I know if I do any digging this morning I won't be able to walk later. Remembering "how to eat an elephant..."

I'm finding the discussion on ADHD interesting. I too have "mental chatter", forget things VERY easily, and my sleep is terrible. I can fall asleep no bother but am always awake multiple times a night. I feel like I get very little deep sleep. I'm lucky if I can manage a full hour asleep, often it's less than that, so waking 8 - 10 times a night.
    I'm not diagnosing myself with ADHD though, as I assume you'd have those traits from birth? I didn't become forgetful until after I stopped working, and the sleep thing is only in the last approx 12 years. Sure wish I could fix the sleeping!

You're right. It will be something from childhood. You can't "get" adult ADHD. You've always had it, but it was so massively misdiagnosed or overlooked for so many years, especially in women.
    Women present differently than men.
    They're better at masking to fit in with social norms.

When I noticed is when I had responsibility.
    Before kids, I was young, care free, did what I want when I want because that's what you do right. ADHD thrives off dopamine. And I reckon in that time of your life, you've got lots of it, because you're doing the things you want, you're seeing your mates, your going out partying, you're going shopping, you're staying up late watching telly, eating junk, you still live rent free at home and the only bills you have is a mobile phone and a car. (Atleast it was for me)

But then I got a house, and kids, and the bills started rising and I started to have to do things I didn't always want to do. My ADHD wasn't getting it's dopamine fix anymore and that's when the symptoms started to show. But it wasn't until Marley was born did I notice, she's so different to the other two. And after researching for her, I made the discovery for myself.

I've spent the last 9 years since Saskia was born thinking there was something internally wrong with me like I was just stupid or I couldnt grow up or mature and I just felt stuck.
    And the drs just kept throwing antidepressants at it and I'm wondering why they weren't working.

But this just makes everything, make sense, in a world that makes no sense to me.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    JFT Friday
    1. THINK PINK. Check on coverage requirements. JFT. Review emails.
    2. Online facilitation - Cover class. AGAIN. Change security setting (change back!). Review/revise lesson plans. SET TIMES. Update class website. Duolingo. Reply to emails. Grade CURRENT assignments. Journal. Create trivia sets for Blooket and Gimkit? Begin TPT unit. Set up next TINAS script. Fill out tutoring time sheets for March and April; send PDFs to get signed. Email to inform that tutoring is not needed in May. Check forecast and schedule tech-free days. Revise plans for Friday (half-period). Print question trail and answer sheets 2nd AND SET UP IN BREEZEWAY.
    3. Pit Crew - Check attendance and fees/fines. Pep rally. Movie.
    4. Planning - Coverage. AGAIN. Ugh. Reading (Netgalley). Update Goodreads! Do some deep stretchy squats and some crunches. Update weekly plans. Turn in absence forms for May. Write cover letter for HS transfer. What else? I feel like I'm forgetting things.
    5. English class - Collect progress reports / question trail / NRI.
    6. Lifting. Need to keep updating YouTube and cleaning out Gmail. Need to set up some kind of organizational system there.
    7. Laundry. Check on books and dishes. Continue organizing office and setting aside space for books.
    8. Evening: Livestream. Podcast. Dinner: Leftovers. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Saturday YMCA but no library volunteering. Park – kite festival. PROM. Sun RC. When to work on Clois & Stuffy? Need to purchase and install doors; need to repair joist. C nap in bedroom; keep blankets and pillows (and PJs!) in bedroom. Move OUR blankets and pillows to bedroom; keep atop bookshelf. NEED TO CHECK WITH ANA ABOUT VISIT. Need to check on when we won't be able to use laptops and make sure that plans are in place. Where is the dump and what all needs to be taken there and when? Where can I put the broken stove top so that it's not in the way?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 204.6

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Family concerns. 11. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit).

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ugly Christmas sweater. Prison abolition; reduce / re-allocate responsibilities dumped on cops. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba. Rhythm nation.

10. Immediate family: 20m room cleaning daily. When room is clean, nap together. Zoo? Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Load books in crate for McKay's. Work on staying home solo when dark.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings; purple All-Stars. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Is ADHD a possible factor? ADHD testing Aug 10 2P and Aug 15 2P. Therapy Mar 23 4p. Dentist April 19 11a. Biometric May 1 9AM. Annual exam Oct 11 9A check calendar; ask about migraines? Massage May 13 6P

13. Therapy thoughts: Achieving fitness goals is especially difficult when snacking is apparently the only effective, inexpensive, convenient de-stresser and I'm stressed almost all the time. Progress: Work on reflecting on progress. Regressive behavior is now minimal. ASK about what's scary about the room. About what else in her life (now or previously) is/was like that. Normalize putting the blankets away EVERY MORNING. Then move to doing it FIRST, along with getting dressed. What do I do about the fact that nothing really seems fun? "Having fun" is something of a chore. I need to talk to my parents about end-of-life plans (particularly funeral arrangements) and I'm not sure how to go about it. I do somewhat trust that they are capable of deciding when they need assisted living but should probably offer help in finding out what sort of place would be best BEFORE it actually becomes necessary.

14. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared."

WFTY: Priorities. Today's schedule is nuts and I'm just trying to get through the day.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus.
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,560 Member
    Options
    JFT:
    ☑️Drink at least 72oz water ✔️
    ☑️Stay under 1800 calories ✔️
    ☑️No coffee until 8am ✔️
    ☑️No food until 10am ✔️
    ☑️No food after 8pm ✔️
    ☑️Get at least 8000 steps today ❌ had some digestive issues so steps slowed down
    ☑️Continue pricing project for work ✔️ FINISHED!
    ☑️Get to Zumba tonight ❌ stupid digestive stuff stopped me

JFT:
    ☑️Drink at least 72oz water
    ☑️Stay under 1800 calories
    ☑️No coffee until 8am
    ☑️No food until 10am
    ☑️Get at least 8000 steps today
    ☑️Watch friend's kid after 6pm
    ☑️Book Club Trivia at 8pm

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

JFT Thursday
    - Work by 8:00 :(
    - Meetings :smiley:
    - Work on customer complaints & management review :smiley:
    - Home at lunch (maybe stay there) :(
    - Go to mom's :smiley:
    - Nap :(
    - Shower :smiley:
    - Play with puppy :smiley:
    - Maybe trivia :smiley:
    - Home by 10:00 :smiley:
    - Bed :smiley:

JFT Friday

- Work by 8:00 :(
    - Meetings :smiley:
    - Contract review :smiley:
    - Compile ISO docs :smiley:
    - Customer complaints :smiley:
    - Home early
    - Nap
    - Out to Dinner
    - Watch Beauty & the Beast again
    - Home
    - Bed by 10:30
  • more_freggies76
    edited April 2023
    Options
    JFT for tomorrow 4/22
    No desserts today : No chocolate pieces or spread and no ice cream
    No breads today like croissants or crackers, but can have breaded fish
    No nuts

Hour commitment
    I won’t eat again until tomorrow.

• littleblackskirt
    Options

JFT Friday 21st April

Eat 3 sensible meals 2 good, one not so much
    Eat some veg! still in the fridge
    Only one small snack 2
    Walk, take son's dog yes, an hour in the countryside
    Clear up kitchen yes

[/quote]

JFT Saturday 22nd April

Eat 3 sensible meals
    Weigh food and log
    Only one small snack
    Visit dental hygenist
    Work inside/outside, weather dependent

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until after 5 pm. Can have hot cocoa and dose if metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t again until tomorrow except hot cocoa and my dose of metamusal.
  • littleblackskirt
    Options

JFT Saturday 22nd April

Eat 3 sensible meals 2
    Weigh food and log yes
    Only one small snack 2
    Visit dental hygenist yes
    Work inside/outside, weather dependent yes

I logged an "ordinary day" yesterday to see just how much I'm over in calories normally. Turns out it wasn't as bad as I imagined, only 190 calories over my target, a total of 1630 for the day. That means with a few tweaks I could be in a deficit again. Still not doing well with a proper evening meal, I just don't feel hungry enough to feel like cooking something. That would be fine, except I'm not getting enough vegetables. Obviously more tweaking required :)

JFT Saturday 23rd April

Get off couch, get showered and dressed!
    Plant some flowers before it rains
    Stop dithering and just decide where plants will go!
    Deal with and tidy paperwork
    No mindless eating, make a conscious decision on what to eat
    Back exercises

I visited to the dental hygenist (teeth were fine), she reminded me that eating fewer sugary snacks is very good for teeth, as well as general health. Must remember that.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling overwhelmed today. The last several weekends have been fuller than usual, and my weeknights are always fairly busy. So I've gotten behind on some of the tidying-up tasks - like instead of putting my jewelry away each one in its little place, it's just kind of lumped on top of the dresser by the "jewelry box" (which is actually one of those cases for different sizes of screws from the hardware store - super useful!)

And it's a LOT of stuff like that. Lots of little different things. Pens and markers and chargers on the desk. Mending that I haven't had a chance to get to in ages. I need to take some time after work up at the park today to put things back where they go. I don't know if I'll be able to make myself exercise; prom yesterday meant a late night and I slept in instead of doing it this morning, and then I'll be on my feet pretty much the entire shift (minus lunch) up at the park. Plus all the tidying up. So. We'll see.
  • more_freggies76
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow.

JFT (tomorrow) 04/24 None of chocolate candy or spread I have, none of the crackers.
  • littleblackskirt
    Options

JFT Saturday 23rd April

Get off couch, get showered and dressed! yes
    Plant some flowers before it rains yes
    Stop dithering and just decide where plants will go! yes
    Deal with and tidy paperwork no
    No mindless eating, make a conscious decision on what to eat yes, apart from one biscuit
    Back exercises no

JFT Monday 24th

Eat 3 sensible meals
    No mindless eating
    Only one small snack
    Relax and enjoy the day

It's a childcare day for me today so not made any plans.

• teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Haha I had a big journal comment and the. Pushed done instead of post reply😂
    Gonna spare you all from it… I’ve not been as good about journaling here lately and my daily caloric diary shows it. Luckily I’ve been really active but as you know running 2 miles barely covers the calories or a snickers bar.

Todays goals
    Trainer workout
    Car pool
    Ride w friends
    No beer
    2k calories or less
    10-13 glasses of water
    Log all food
    No food after 9
    No high calorie snacks (pecans and chocolate chips have been a issue as of late)