What 40lbs looks like...

Options
I'm only mid-journey right now. I started December 27th last year with a goal to lose 100lbs. I'm 6'1" and started at 280lbs. I decided to take a starting picture on January 4th because I hadn't yet and did it for the heck of it. I'm glad I did. I've lost nearly 40lbs now and decided since I was all dressed up for Easter today to take another progress picture. It's not the greatest picture, but I think it does still show a difference.

jtdojxbpwep1.jpgox72jgxhb3jc.jpg

I post this to encourage myself to keep going, and to encourage anyone who reads this to keep going too. It's not an overnight change. This has been 4 months of hardwork and dedication. Biggest piece of advice that helped me is to track everything. Every day. Don't stop tracking. I still eat candy (I track it), I still eat cake (I track it), and I still live my life (I track it all). And that has helped me to stick with it.

So don't give up. Don't stop. Keeping on tracking it and take progress pictures, and you'll see a change too. Here's to another 60lbs more to go...

Replies

• KiwiJo42
    KiwiJo42 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Friend me if you like
  • nannya59
    nannya59 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You look amazing,well done to you.
    Keep your good work.
  • attica773
    attica773 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful and you have a beautiful smile. You look happy. Thank you for sharing. If you have any other advice could you please share ? It will help us. Thank again.
  • chadkl
    chadkl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • GarysGirl78
    GarysGirl78 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Inspiring post, thank you for sharing! :)
  • tall_chick_problems
    Options
    Tall chicks unite! I’m in the 6 foot club myself! You look fantastic! Congratulations and bravo on your hard work.
  • Sandysphat
    Sandysphat Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job
  • LiveOnceBeHappy
    LiveOnceBeHappy Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Beautiful. Congrats
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    I can really tell you are smaller! And you look so happy... you'v'e lost weight in your face and you. look amazing. You look beautiful now..but can't wait to see what the future holds for you. Please post your sucess pictures along the way. Thanks.
  • mynameisnewmie
    mynameisnewmie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Nice job. You've got this. :)
  • tristatriesagain
    tristatriesagain Posts: 22 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    You’re doing great! I’ve had a hard time just getting started. I keep restarting. But seeing this helps to know what is possible when you just stick with it!
  • aipfsu
    aipfsu Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Amazing, keep going!
  • Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    What a difference! You must feel amazing. Well done you - your face is changing shape so much! Enjoy :)
  • PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    OMG YES! I can certainly see the difference! You have done a great job. I too still have an occasional treat, and like you, I log it. Here's to your continued journey!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!