Mom bod thread

Options

Replies

• J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    msaylor88 wrote: »
    Coming from 220+ lbs to a place that I'll willing take full body photos.... such a win. 6m4rwofkzz0g.jpg

I think you look fantastic and I certainly hope this is one of many posts to come.
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    msaylor88 wrote: »
    Coming from 220+ lbs to a place that I'll willing take full body photos.... such a win. 6m4rwofkzz0g.jpg
    ___Tams___ wrote: »
    50wbziy33xq6.jpg

You ladies look beautiful!
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,589 Member
    Options
    50wbziy33xq6.jpg

That’s the darling dress with the matching slides!
    So cute! 😍
  • Moijojito
    Moijojito Posts: 27 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    💪🏻
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    4d0.jpg
  • spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    Hi Meghan
  • PeacefulBalance
    PeacefulBalance Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Hi Meghan

Hi Mark! :)
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    lm9pq4n2aimg.png

The MOM bod. I actually felt more comfortable in my skin when I was carrying my babies, nobody really ever criticizes a pregnant woman.

I've been 195, I've been 88, I've been every number in between, but I've never been happy.

Truth is, I was identifying happiness with being thin, because thin was always beautiful by most standards.

I've done a lot of harm to this body, but I can honestly say I'm at a point where I can look in the mirror and be ok with my reflection. I'm happy! I'm not happy because I think I look good, I'm happy because I no longer let weight define me. THAT is true happiness ♥️

hello-well-hello.gif
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    lm9pq4n2aimg.png

The MOM bod. I actually felt more comfortable in my skin when I was carrying my babies, nobody really ever criticizes a pregnant woman.

I've been 195, I've been 88, I've been every number in between, but I've never been happy.

Truth is, I was identifying happiness with being thin, because thin was always beautiful by most standards.

I've done a lot of harm to this body, but I can honestly say I'm at a point where I can look in the mirror and be ok with my reflection. I'm happy! I'm not happy because I think I look good, I'm happy because I no longer let weight define me. THAT is true happiness ♥️

I can relate to so much of this. I never felt better about my body than I did when pregnant. I had no problem wearing body conscious clothing because my belly was supposed to be round. (Of course I also said I would breastfeed my kids until their bar mitzvahs if it meant I could eat ice cream every day and not gain weight.)

q8zctyd99v3i.jpeg
  • spider_mark51959
    Options
    Fabulous @MelG7777
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,038 Member
    Options
    Fabulous @MelG7777

Thank you so much!
  • spider_mark51959
    Options
    You are so welcome! @MelG7777
  • willard503
    willard503 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    I know nobody uses the forums anymore but mom bod seemed like a fitting place to put it. I started out here as just a mom who put herself last for too many years. Today marks 4 years since finally deciding to take care of myself again. When I see moms with young children coming to the gym it makes me really happy for them that they didn’t wait so long like I did. Moms give so much, don’t feel guilty for including yourself in the daily list of needs. Truly everyone is better for it.💗
    lqwt5ifp29cs.jpeg

Absolutely slayed it!!!!! Great job.

• MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,038 Member
    Options
    willard503 wrote: »
    I know nobody uses the forums anymore but mom bod seemed like a fitting place to put it. I started out here as just a mom who put herself last for too many years. Today marks 4 years since finally deciding to take care of myself again. When I see moms with young children coming to the gym it makes me really happy for them that they didn’t wait so long like I did. Moms give so much, don’t feel guilty for including yourself in the daily list of needs. Truly everyone is better for it.💗
    lqwt5ifp29cs.jpeg

Absolutely slayed it!!!!! Great job.

Thank you!
  • IslandGal3
    IslandGal3 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Mom bod with my Mom 👭🏼 gnr1ehnam7yd.jpg
    You both look beautiful!
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    lqwt5ifp29cs.jpeg

😳 nuff said