How long did it take you...?

Options

Replies

• LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :smile: 170 pounds in 18 months. So far I have kept it off for 11 months.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I started after Thanksgiving, I've lost 60 lbs. - about 6-10 more to go, I think - I'll let you know when I get there...
  • T0M0
    T0M0 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I lost a little over 30llb's in just under 6 moths. I've been in maintenance now since June and fluctuate a pound or two under or over my ideal weight.
  • Melbel85
    Melbel85 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    57 lbs in 5 months! I have about another 40 or so left to lose hopefully be next spring! : )
  • lyndsloo
    Options
    It's taken me a year to lose 70lbs. I have 30 more pds to go. I think each person is different. I've done it the quick way before and I ended up gaining it ALL BACK, plus some! I am going day-by-day. :)
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    100 pounds in about 10 1/2 months.

More important than the weight, however, is the fact that I changed my lifestyle so that I could be proud of the steps I was making to improve my health even when I was still a long way from my goal.

Amen!

I've lost 121 lbs in just under 3 years and I agree 100% with the above ... slow, steady and consistent.
  • alleyag
    alleyag Posts: 142
    Options
    4 months 50 lbs. No booze lots of cardio and extreme dedication to my diet.
  • jah1078
    jah1078 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Still working on it. I was out of control, and realize that it didn't get put on overnight, so it will take longer than overnight to lose. 406lbs on January 17, 2011. 315.2 today. 91lbs on my way to 150lbs total. Keep fighting the good fight. If it was easy, everybody would be thin.
  • charlottebronte
    Options
    Wow. You folks are inspirational. Well done!
  • Shanz78
    Shanz78 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! Your all very inspiring!
  • Riley4ever
    Riley4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Started at 299lb. I've lost 161lb in total (41 on mfp)
    took me about 2 and a half years and i still have another 30 lb to go to reach my 108lb goal. I expect to be done by summer 2012.

Remember, you didnt gain it all over night so its not going to come off over night eaither.

^^^^ never a truer word said miss_molly! I put my weight on over a 5 to 7 year period so will be delighted if I can lose it in under a year. Wanting to lose 65lbs - lost the first 26lbs in 8 weeks but am sure it will slow down as I get nearer to goal weight.
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    62 lbs gone in 7 1/2 months; 8 lbs. left to go. For the last 10 lbs., I've dropped my weekly loss goal to 0.5 lb., so I'll hopefully be close to my goal weight by New Year's. I chose an eating plan (Primal) that keeps me satisfied and will work for the rest of my life.
  • deenaspell
    deenaspell Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'm not at my goal weight yet, but it's taken me 6 months to lose 18 lbs. Given I didn't start trying hard to until mi-May, but yeah. I'm still 12 lbs away from my goal.
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Took me about 6 months to lose 40 pounds and I've maintained now for 2 or 3 months.
  • Zoe2901
    Zoe2901 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Lost nearly 30lbs in just under 3 months so i am losing about 10 lb a month and hopefully can keep it up at that pace, i run 5/6 days a week and have been doing shred 5 times a week also.
  • megan6709
    megan6709 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Lost about 20 lbs since August (whatever my member since date is on the left). This is really not exercising, although I am planning to slowly add that in. I originally gave myself a year to lose 100 lbs at 2 lbs/week, but I think I might be able to do it a little sooner. I was 180 lbs when I graduated high school (top of my "healthy BMI" is 174 lbs, so it wasn't that bad) and I will be extremely happy to be under 200!
  • mojo1123
    Options
    I start today...this moment...I am hoping I'll lose around 15-20 pounds in 6 months.
  • paper_doll_
    Options
    200lbs over two years... and now just realised up to my 4th year over all and still keeping (most of it) off.
  • Giantess
    Giantess Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Reading some of these is kind of heartbreaking for me.

I guess I'm just slow.

8 lbs in almost four months, burning an average of 5000 calories a week. 102 lbs to go.

*sigh*

My body hates me. My doctor says I'm just unlucky. At this rate, I'll be at my goal in 17 years.

Wow. Wait. why am I doing this again? :frown:
  • kportelli70
    Options
    I just hit my goal today! Yay!!! ;-) I lost 25 pounds in 4 months. I lost on average 1 - 2.5 pounds a week.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!