NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• senoritafloridita
    senoritafloridita Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    So the pictures are what I did this weekend (Raystown Lake, PA), and where I did a 17 mile hike. I was still hurting from the half and I got dehydrated but I got through and was so worth it. Great people on the trip too. So much fun.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,356 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Happy Monday All!

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Had a very productive weekend. Got my yard mowed and some house cleaning done. Still plenty to do. I’ve been tracking my food in both WW and MFP last week. It’s interesting to see that one I’m within calories, while the other I’m over points. I think I need to just eat more zero point foods. And unfortunately need to cut back on the store bought ice cream. Need to figure out how to work my Ninja Ice Cream maker so I can make my own “healthier” ice cream.

Going to get more spring cleaning done this week and hopefully ready to paint my interior walls by the end of the month. Then maybe start working on that patio I always wanted after the painting is done.

@senoritafloridita love the photos! And that’s a long hike!

@trooworld love the pictures of the orangutans 🦧 sound like you had a great day!

@cbabie how is the treadmill going?

@theslightedgeforever how is the book?

Hope everyone has a magnificent Monday!

~ Missy
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,918 Member
    Options
    @senoritafloridita I did, the salad was really good! Yes, we just don't want to spend the $$$ to go out to eat anymore, it's too expensive and half the time, we are disappointed lol. Wow, you sound busy! I hope you get to enjoy some relaxing time in 2 weeks. Thanks re: the pics...I loved that guy, too, the one peeking out. :D Oh my, your pictures are so pretty! Were you camping or just hiking? 17 miles wowee! Great job!

@gemwolf110 Happy Monday! Yeah I remember the discrepancies in the tracking when I double-tracked. It's weird. And yes, eat more zero points foods, that should help. Great job cleaning and mowing the yard! I did have a great day!

Hi all. I didn't do too much yesterday besides donate blood. That really took everything I had and left me spent. I donate what is called "double red" which takes some of your red blood cells for donation. I do it because it is what they need the most. It takes longer and I am more likely to feel "spent" afterward but still, I do it. I came home and slept on the couch. Had leftovers for dinner.

Water yesterday: 75 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all, the zoo exhausted me...everyone came home and slept, except me..baby duty. Still recouping..I got up this morning to get ready for some more medical stuff and all of a sudden was nauseated and had the sweats....it is gone now, but not sure what that was. The treadmill still has not been used. was going to this morning, but the sick stomach nixed that. So we start tomorrow..LOL. Good news was I was down another 2 lbs...we will see if that remains. LOL

@gemwolf110 I have a bullet for ice cream, I should be using too...just never found a recipie I liked. so it sits.

@trooworld good for you on giving blood. I used to give all the time, and now it's a hassle for me. American Red Cross keeps calling my phone..I know I should. I had to have a transfusion years ago, so I know it's important. Hope you get rest. Love the pictures.

@senoritafloridita The view was beautiful in your pictures. I would have enjoyed that walk. I do get tired of the "city" view here. LOL

cbabie
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, guess what - I pretracked everything except dinner for today. Now I just need to stick to the plan and all will be hunky dory. No problem!! 😂

• senoritafloridita
    Options
    @gemwolf110 that’s great you had such a productive weekend. Wow, you are really on the ball with tracking too, doing both MFP and WW. When I was doing WW, I always struggled to stay under their points but I find MFP easier.
  • senoritafloridita
    Options
    @trooworld that’s a good point about cooking more to avoid the cost of restaurants. Just about all restaurants are way too expensive nowadays. even McDonald’s! Yes, it was a camping and hiking weekend. There were shorter hikes, but against my better judgment I always like to do the most challenging one. And yes, having to go away so much on the weekends is exhausting, although we did have fun. And this isn’t even the last of it, we have an important event to go to about a hour and a half away this weekend too! 😓 it’s not really something we can get out of. Oh well, I’m looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend in two weeks. lol
  • senoritafloridita
    Options
    @cbabie congrats on the weight loss! too bad about your stomach, hope you feel better tomorrow and can go on the treadmill. Wow, it sounds like a lot of parenting duties fall on you. Do you have any family or babysitters that can help you get more time to yourself and rest up? and yes, it was so beautiful out there.
  • gemwolf110
    edited May 2023
    Options
    @gemwolf110 that’s great you had such a productive weekend. Wow, you are really on the ball with tracking too, doing both MFP and WW. When I was doing WW, I always struggled to stay under their points but I find MFP easier.

I do find tracking easier with MFP BUT since they made the barcode scanner premium only that kind of makes some things a bit trickier. Not sure if I want to pay for both WW and MFP. I rarely stay under points. Back 20 ish years ago I didn’t have any issues staying within my points range.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Yeah zoo trips are exhausting, I'm sure it's doubly so with a toddler and a baby! That's weird, did you tell the doctor what happened to you? Congrats on the 2 lb loss! Yeah I try to give blood when I can.

@Tamevv Great job! Keep it up!

@senoritafloridita Yes! Way too expensive, even for a salad or a burger, it's expensive. And yes, even McD's! Oh gosh, that's too bad you can't get out of this weekend but it will make that first weekend that you can relax even better. :D

Hi all. I was in such a bad mood yesterday. I don't think I mentioned, but I was breaking up a dog fight between my pups on Sunday morning and I got bit. Well, I have been depressed about it. It wasn't done on purpose, they meant to bite each other lol. But still, I am depressed that it happened (and keeps happening). We've modified some things to minimize the chance of it happening but still. It may happen. Yesterday, I had a bad day at work. It started even before work, the dogs got in 2 fights. Then I got to work and before I could even clock in, a student stopped me and wanted to talk about something. So, I was late clocking in. And I was busy all day doing not what I wanted to take care of but what other people wanted me to do that wasn't as important. I hope today will be better.

Water yesterday: 50 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I feel better this morning. I am hoping it was a fluke. I am planning on getting on the treadmill today and I am excited about it. LOL

@trooworld I am so sorry that is how your day went. I feel you, it seems for the last 10 years I have been doing what everyone else thought was important and my plans went right out the window. So my new thing is - if it doesn't bring me joy it's going bye bye.. Yes I know easier said than done. baby steps. Try telling the student, that you have to clock in and you will be happy to help right after that. Try using the word hold on...wait...no...nothing wrong with them. I hope your dogs learn to get along..

@tamevv Congrats on tracking!!! get job

@senoritafloridita I am working on saying no, hold on, wait...LOL.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie I'm so glad you are feeling better. Did you get on the treadmill? You are BACCCCCK! Thanks, re my day. I like your new way of thinking. Good advice, thanks. I hope they learn to get along, too!

Hi all. Yesterday was much better. Today will be even better because I'm off at 10 am to take a friend to a colonoscopy appt. So, very short day. We stopped by Trader Joe's last night and got some things for dinners this week as it seems like we don't feel like cooking lol.

• Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Morning all 👋

Well I tracked yesterday and met my calorie goal! First time in AGES. Woke up early so got up and did just 10 mins on the elliptical. It’s not much but I’m still nursing my feet heavily and they are pretty painful still, but the elliptical barely puts any pressure and I’m hoping small doses will ease me back into it.

@trooworld. That is frustrating when it’s a day like that. Short days are awesome for recovering though 😁. I’m off tomorrow and CANT WAIT for the time to myself.

@cbabie that is good advice to give yourself - it’s the follow through that’s hard 😊. This last few months I’ve been having a bit of a turning point and I’m happy to say I am finally having some clarity about that all - still working through details and flare ups but I’m definitely feeling better in myself. It all started with my change in perspective and inner dialogue from what I HAVE to do to what I CHOOSE to do - careful not to use the word WANT because I often do things I don’t WANT to but can acknowledge the bigger picture, so I choose to do them anyway - I want the result of the action, so put up with the action itself. What this did was put me back in control of my life and make me rediscover my own desires and goals. It’s a small shift to begin with, but definitely worth it 😊
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    @cbabie Yeah zoo trips are exhausting, I'm sure it's doubly so with a toddler and a baby! That's weird, did you tell the doctor what happened to you? Congrats on the 2 lb loss! Yeah I try to give blood when I can.

@Tamevv Great job! Keep it up!

@senoritafloridita Yes! Way too expensive, even for a salad or a burger, it's expensive. And yes, even McD's! Oh gosh, that's too bad you can't get out of this weekend but it will make that first weekend that you can relax even better. :D

Hi all. I was in such a bad mood yesterday. I don't think I mentioned, but I was breaking up a dog fight between my pups on Sunday morning and I got bit. Well, I have been depressed about it. It wasn't done on purpose, they meant to bite each other lol. But still, I am depressed that it happened (and keeps happening). We've modified some things to minimize the chance of it happening but still. It may happen. Yesterday, I had a bad day at work. It started even before work, the dogs got in 2 fights. Then I got to work and before I could even clock in, a student stopped me and wanted to talk about something. So, I was late clocking in. And I was busy all day doing not what I wanted to take care of but what other people wanted me to do that wasn't as important. I hope today will be better.

Urgh dog fights. My pack had them. One of mine is just easily over stimulated and tends to burst. Try to keep him as calm as possible. There was a point where it just was happening to often. Brought him to vet and he actually had a CCL partial tear in both hind legs. I also had a canine behaviorist come to the house. No wonder he was grumpy he was in pain. I would definitely have them checked out by vet and consult canine behaviorist. Hope the bite isn’t too bad.
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Tamevv wrote: »
    Morning all 👋

Well I tracked yesterday and met my calorie goal! First time in AGES. Woke up early so got up and did just 10 mins on the elliptical. It’s not much but I’m still nursing my feet heavily and they are pretty painful still, but the elliptical barely puts any pressure and I’m hoping small doses will ease me back into it.

@trooworld. That is frustrating when it’s a day like that. Short days are awesome for recovering though 😁. I’m off tomorrow and CANT WAIT for the time to myself.

@cbabie that is good advice to give yourself - it’s the follow through that’s hard 😊. This last few months I’ve been having a bit of a turning point and I’m happy to say I am finally having some clarity about that all - still working through details and flare ups but I’m definitely feeling better in myself. It all started with my change in perspective and inner dialogue from what I HAVE to do to what I CHOOSE to do - careful not to use the word WANT because I often do things I don’t WANT to but can acknowledge the bigger picture, so I choose to do them anyway - I want the result of the action, so put up with the action itself. What this did was put me back in control of my life and make me rediscover my own desires and goals. It’s a small shift to begin with, but definitely worth it 😊

10 minutes is good to start! Especially if your in pain. And great job staying within calories budget! Mindset is everything but is so tough to achieve sometimes.
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    @cbabie I'm so glad you are feeling better. Did you get on the treadmill? You are BACCCCCK! Thanks, re my day. I like your new way of thinking. Good advice, thanks. I hope they learn to get along, too!

Hi all. Yesterday was much better. Today will be even better because I'm off at 10 am to take a friend to a colonoscopy appt. So, very short day. We stopped by Trader Joe's last night and got some things for dinners this week as it seems like we don't feel like cooking lol.

Hope everything with the colonoscopy goes well!
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    cbabie wrote: »
    Morning all, I feel better this morning. I am hoping it was a fluke. I am planning on getting on the treadmill today and I am excited about it. LOL

@trooworld I am so sorry that is how your day went. I feel you, it seems for the last 10 years I have been doing what everyone else thought was important and my plans went right out the window. So my new thing is - if it doesn't bring me joy it's going bye bye.. Yes I know easier said than done. baby steps. Try telling the student, that you have to clock in and you will be happy to help right after that. Try using the word hold on...wait...no...nothing wrong with them. I hope your dogs learn to get along..

@tamevv Congrats on tracking!!! get job

@senoritafloridita I am working on saying no, hold on, wait...LOL.

Cbabie

Glad you are feeling better! How was the treadmill workout?
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Tamevv Great job! 10 minutes is better than nothing. Yes, it was frustrating! Enjoy the day off today!

@gemwolf110 They are going to the vet (one Saturday, one next week) and we have a trainer who is helping us, thanks! The bites aren't too bad, they just are a bit sore. My friend did well at the colonoscopy and I enjoyed not having to work! :)

Hi all. I thought I would do more reading in the car waiting on my friend but I neded up taking a nap for most of it lol. We had poke last night, it was so good. Working from home today so food should be okay.

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, yesterday was a blur...I think I was in my car 80% of the day...I am feeling better today, we think its some meds that need readjusting. LOL. I did get on my treadmill and LOVED it. I had forgotten it was "My" time that used to get my head in the right place.

@trooworld glad the colonscopy went well. Yea work at home!!! LOL. Yes I haven't wanted to cook all week, must be something in the air.

@gemwolf110 workout was great, thanks...

@Tamevv Glad you are back and you have made some really good "choices" ...I think we are all turning this ship around...

@theslightedgeforever where are you hiding? LOL

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie I hope you get the meds worked out. I'm so glad you got on the treadmill, well done! Yeah, I'm feeling lazy lol.

@theslightedgeforever I'm with @cbabie, where are you? LOL

Hi all. I gained 1.6 lbs this week. I'm really ready to give up and succumb to my fatness lol. Just kidding but really, it's frustrating. I know what I need to do but I just don't have the energy and I'm overwhelmed. I'm going to work on water this next week and see if I can get that down.

Water yesterday: 30 oz