Just keep hiking

Options

Replies

• TamiVsTheTrail
    TamiVsTheTrail Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    @Hopeitschips Thanks for posting the photos, I love seeing other parts of the world. Cornwall looks beautiful. I've hiked all over Ireland, I was there for work for a few months and got to do a lot of exploring. Your right about the wildlife, sometimes a stubborn sheep now and then but nothing like what I get here. I'm planning a trip to London in the early fall and looking for places I can hike. I love the city, can't wait to go back but I also need my nature therapy.
  • TamiVsTheTrail
    Options
    @Sandie2102 I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures! Ticks are always on my mind, especially in May and June. I tend to avoid tall grassy areas and areas with a lot of Arbutus trees, so far so good. As much as I've enjoyed my winter hikes I am looking forward to a little less snow on the mountains.
  • TamiVsTheTrail
    edited March 2023
    Options
    mg70h05h1835.jpg
    yy63xcotpu4d.jpg
    rqjmvjnjkpur.jpg
    Hike #50 is in the books!
    I pushed hard to get this done before the end of the month knowing that for a few weeks I'm going to have to do late afternoon or shorter hikes while my busy season ramps up with my business. I'm down 32 pounds, wearing smaller sizes and feeling stronger and more excited about reaching my goal. I'm going to get the next 50 done by July and want my 100th hike to by my longest solo hike to Panarama Ridge, a 30K trek. Thanks for all the comments and sharing your photos, I've loved seeing everyone's adventures. Gotta love my friend's bright coat, I've yet to lose her on the trails!
  • mrschwarten
    mrschwarten Posts: 194 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Wow!!! These pics and your stories are so awesome! I am feeling inspired! I did a 40K in July of 2018, The 4Days Marches in Nijmegen, Netherlands (https://www.4daagse.nl/en ). Add up all the training and other leisure hikes I did that year, my mileage was through the roof! I've done many other shorter hikes, including a 30K in the German Alps for the Edelweiss Ruck March. Both made me realize that I am capable of so much and am so strong, and that I can persevere through so much. I draw on that strength a lot lately!
    You've inspired me to look up some local trails. I've recently moved and am having a hard time calibrating to the my new area, and my heart is calling for time in nature. Thank you for sharing!! I will be bookmarking this thread and I look forward to celebrating your milestones!
  • celestialsecrets7232
    celestialsecrets7232 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    @celestialsecrets7232 : Life is full of risks and every individual has to decide which ones to take or not. Yay hiking!

Hey, thanks. I hope you carry a gun, whistle, bear repellant, etc. Maybe because I'm a senior, I'll stick to municipal parks. LOL. I never realized how dangerous hiking was until I saw all those videos on youtube showcasing disappearances, attacks, accidents. etc. But I am a mom so...and both of my sons like to hike on occasion and they are in their 30's. I give them the same lecture. :smiley:

• walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Tami, that is so awesome - I love hiking. I started putting together backpacking supplies to take it overnight. Thank you for posting beautiful pics
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    Love the pics! Bush therapy truly is the best!
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Wowzy @SbetaK , what great pics. You are living in an incredible place, I'm very envious ! <3
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,498 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any recommendations for hikes in the North Cascades and Mount Rainier area (Washington, USA)?
  • TamiVsTheTrail
    Options
    @SbetaK wow!!!!! What beauty to explore. Dodging the grizzlies adds a layer of skill, all I have to deal with are black bears and I find more of them in my backyard than when I'm hiking.
  • TamiVsTheTrail
    Options
    @enlightenme3 there are lots of trails in Mt. Rainer Park. I'd download Alltrails and have a look 🙂
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any recommendations for hikes in the North Cascades and Mount Rainier area (Washington, USA)?

@NorthCascades you around? 🙂
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!