2»

Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    wow. thank you for sharing your story and congrats on changing your life
  • fairygirl716
    Options
    I hope those that read your story will see the very important part of it! Not that losing weight was the journey that you are proud of...but rather the journey of getting HEALTHY! You said yourself that you lost and gained many times in life, but you never got healthy! Because you have learned and live a healthy lifestyle, you WILL be able to sustain your healthy living for a lifetime!

Thank you for sharing your story, more "dieters" need to have a wake up call and realize that weight loss shouldn't be the goal. Living a healthy lifestyle will bring you weightloss but will last forever and it IS something you can pass on to others!

Blessings to you!
  • wendyannvantiem
    wendyannvantiem Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Your story is really an inspiration. You look amazing and you have accomplished so much. When i think about wanting to put a bad food in my body or not exercising I think of stories like this. Please keep us updated on your journey.
  • littlemount
    Options
    Truly adored your weightloss journey it truly opened my eyes of how much I adore my daughters , I keep reminding myself only if am healthy and well can I take care of them.This is lifestyle change.
    Thanks for posting your story.
  • BattyMama
    BattyMama Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thank you for having the strength to share your story.
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing the story.. Yes, it is indeed a great inspiration and what an example you have given us...I am sure whoever reads this story would be motivated to change their decision in a healthy direction :-)
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an inspiring and powerful story you have. I am so sorry for your loss, I too know the pain of losing a loved one. My late husband was diabetic and refused to follow doctors orders. His was a classic case of neglect and denial and in the end all the things they say will happen if you are a diabetic that does not make lifestyle changes do happen. His last years were miserable and the pain he was in was great. Although intellectually I knew that I had to make changes if I wanted to have a better quality of life, It has taken me three years to get on the right path; your story is proof that it can be done, and after reading your post, I am going to do this. Your daughters should be proud of you; for so many things, but mostly because you took tragedy and used it to change your life so that you could be here for a long time. Your partner must surely be proud of you too. I wish you the best and thank you for sharing such a personal story that will inspire many.
  • hazedot
    hazedot Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh I cried so bad. I know how it can be to lose someone y
  • hazedot
    Options
    Oh my gosh I cried so bad. I know how it can be to lose someone you l
  • hazedot
    Options
    Oh my gosh I cried so bad. I know how it can be to lose someone you love to cancer. I was inspired by your story and I'm glad that something positive came from it. Congratulations on the weight loss, you should be so proud of yourself.
  • hazedot
    Options
    Sorry for spamming. Silly phone wanted to post early! Sorry x
  • Riley4ever
    Riley4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm so very sorry to hear of the loss of your partner - even in death he carried on 'giving' with that much needed wake-up call to find your path to better health. I know grief affects us all in different ways but I really admire your ability to change to a healthy regime during what must be a really difficult period. I lost my Mum 3 years ago and thought I could comfort eat my way out of the sadness I was feeling. You don't ever get over losing a loved one but over time you do get better at 'managing' the emotion and accepting the loss. I decided this year that the thing that would make my Mum happiest would've been for me to live as full and happy a life as possible and the energy and confidence losing a bit of weight gives you is just phenomenal and you wonder what took you so long to make the change! Thank you for sharing your moving story :)
  • jensway
    Options
    So sorry for your loss......but congrats to you for your gain of a new life!!! You are an inspiration :)
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i am sorry for your loss. you have wonderful courage!
  • virginiatarnold
    Options
    Incredible! I am starting out my life with a wonderful partner and we both agreed to start by doing things right. I appreciate you sharing your story and I respect your resiliance. Much love and success and great health to you. V
  • smashleyt
    smashleyt Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You really are an inspiration. Thank you so much for sharing your story. I wish you all the best with your new life.
  • SusanRenee35
    SusanRenee35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story & am very sad for your loss :(

I recently had my gallbladder taken out & it has opened to my eyes to my health & broader thinking. I always thought I was healthy as a horse except for being over weight. Now I am recovering & soon to be back onto getting down to where I want to be heading in the right direction .....

Congrats on your amazing journey of becoming the true person you were meant to be! :)
  • unicornassassin
    unicornassassin Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I'm sad to hear about your partner passing, but I'm so happy to hear you have a beautiful new life that is full of meaning.

I recently had breast cancer and I experienced some mental health and addiction problems during and after my cancer treatment. I have really had my eyes opened up to how precious life is, and I've begun to treat my body with care and appreciation as a result.

I enjoy hearing other people's stories learning positive lessons from hardships. Thank you for sharing yours with me. Take care of yourself :smile:
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I held my breath while I read this post. Wow! Thanks for the uplifting story. I am sorry for the loss you are living with but if it got you to change your life and post it for others than something good came from losing your partner. I have been somewhat concerned about losing at 54 yearso f age. You have provided me with an example that someone even older than I can do it. Thanks again. Hugs for your sorrow. :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!