Why does no-stim pre-workout still make me tired?

Options
I have energy during my workout, but then it causes me to crash! Why is this if it contains no caffeine??

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Is it the pre-workout supplement or the actual workout? I can crash pretty hard after a strenuous workout, particularly if it blows up my CNS.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Yes, could be the actual workout, especially if you're not fueling it with calories. If you are actively seeking to lose weight, how much are you losing per week and how much more do you need to lose to reach your goal?
  • christinefrano
    christinefrano Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've actually been eating a little above maintenance and have gained a couple lbs last couple months, so I don't think calories are an issue? Maybe it's the workout though if I'm pushing harder than normal due to the pre-workout?? Haha
  • christinefrano
    Options
    Currently eating 1,700-1,800 cals (1,900ish on more binge days/pms). I'm 5'1 and weigh about 102-103lbs.
  • I_AM_ISRAEL
    I_AM_ISRAEL Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    About how long into your workouts do you crash?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,071 Member
    Options
    How is your nutrition, sleep quality/quantity, total cumulative physical/psychological stress level? Those are possible factors in crashing, too. Do you have rest/recovery days, or are you pedal to the metal all the time? How intense/long/frequent are your workouts? Overdoing is counterproductive, and "overdoing" is relative to individual fitness, stress, and health levels. What's the nature of your workouts? Different workouts tend to require different fueling strategies, though there is individual variability in what's optimal.

There are a lot of potential applicable factors in this kind of situation, and you didn't offer much info in your OP.
  • christinefrano
    Options
    @I_AM_ISRAEL About 1-2 hours after.

It's bizarre because there is no caffeine in my pre-workouts. The other day I finished my workout and was ready for bed an hour after. I went to bed 2 hours earlier than normal. I felt so exhausted.
  • christinefrano
    Options
    Okay so I read B vitamins can cause drop in blood sugar in preworkout??