Success: Almost Down 70 Pounds!!!

Options
Daeygur
Daeygur Posts: 39 Member
Hello everyone! I wanted to drop in here and talk about the recent successes! It's been a year since I started my weight loss journey. January, I hit a plateau after losing 30+ pounds, and slowly started getting into the 330's from April to May. Now, that I'm incorporating exercise I've lost a couple more pounds. I've now lost a total of 17 pounds for the month of May!!! WOOHOO!!!

Here are the things I've noticed that have changed.

1. I'm able to carry things up the stairs without worrying about falling.
2. I'm ALMOST able to fit into a size 22. Just a little more pounds and I'll be able to button them!
3. People are smiling and talking to me more.
4. I'm building muscle in my legs and I'm able to get out of the pool (and not repeat the disaster I had during the beginning of this month lmaoo).
5. I can fit into 2X clothes.
6. People are treating me nicer (which is weird but I heard this can happen).
7. I can jump rope for 4 minutes! I was too afraid to jump rope before because I could barely get out of my bed, but now I can do over a hundred jumps for 4 minutes before gasping for air and cursing my ancestors.

So, here's a year milestone.

Recap: Last year I was 390 pounds, couldn't do anything for myself, wanted to die and contemplated whether it was worth it. Got off my butt and started pushing myself because I wanted to LIVE.

This year. May 2023. I'm down 69 pounds!!!! My clothes are getting smaller, and I don't have to struggle getting out of the car as much. Woohoo!!!

Replies

• jakisturn
    jakisturn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great job!! It Takes so much but, we can't give up..Your kiknn butt!!
  • Daeygur
    Daeygur Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    jakisturn wrote: »
    Great job!! It Takes so much but, we can't give up..Your kiknn butt!!

Thank you so much!!!!!! <3
  • sissyc0912
    sissyc0912 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great job! You inspire me to keep going. It’s sometimes hard and can be somewhat expensive….but I’m down 10 pounds in 1 month and I think I can do better if I incorporate more exercise in my daily routine…if only to just increase my walk time. Congrats
  • mjcavey
    mjcavey Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow, congratulations and that is fantastic! That is a lot of hard work and it is paying off. Not worrying about falling is a huge quality of life accomplishment! Jumping rope for 4 mins is nothing to sneeze at either. Keep up the great work!!! I am sure your ancestors are proud of you, despite you cursing them :-D!
  • CMA2022
    CMA2022 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your achievements and thank you for this post. Your victories and hard work is something I needed to read today. :)
  • denisegrinkevich
    denisegrinkevich Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Your on your way to better health...Congratulations...you
    will benefit in so many ways...lower blood pressure...knees ankles..so many blessings
    Thanks for sharing...it's a long journey alone but worth it!..keep up the good work..
    Every breath will be easier...good job!
  • Creamtea42
    Creamtea42 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Congratulations great post - your sheer happiness about getting healthier exudes from it!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you're doing. That is a great accomplishment ..as time goes on.. you'll keep getting healtheir and be able to do more and more. You are an inspiration. I have a lot of respect for you.
  • pdd1216
    pdd1216 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Congrats....those are all great NSVs! I have to confirm as well when you lose weight, people "let you in" more. It is SUCH an odd phenomena....and can actually be overwhelming if you're not prepared. Keep going!
  • Lightbeamer
    Lightbeamer Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! I am proud of you!
  • aior82
    aior82 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    this is awesome !!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!