being single stinks

Options

Replies

• PatientBearTiger
    Options
    so riddle me this...
    i have the body, i am willing to dress slutty and i'm in a relationship.
    why the hell am i still not getting any?

Because you aren't visiting the BearTiger cave often enough.... :love:
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Bars aren't the place to pick up a relationship. Bars are there for picking up booty. That's why guys go to the slutty girls there - because they seem more likely to put out.

I'm a fan of internet dating. My BF and I met online (World of Warcraft, boi! lol). We've been together for 3 years now - yes in person. If you're looking for a relationship, give something like Match.com or eHarmony a shot. It seems weird at first when you realize that you're developing feelings for someone that you may not have met in person, but it's worth it imo.

Good luck to ya.

Oh, and being in a relationship isn't always puppies and rainbows either. As much as I love my BF, I'd love to be single and just be able to do my own thing. I could buy whatever food I wanted without considering someone else's feelings. I could stop shaving my legs and not feel bad about it. I wouldn't have to clean the house as much because there would be no one else there to muck things up. I could sprawl out at night and take up the whole bed instead of having to share.

There are positives to both sides. Chin up. I know it sounds cliche, but someone will come along when you least expect it.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    so riddle me this...
    i have the body, i am willing to dress slutty and i'm in a relationship.
    why the hell am i still not getting any?

'Cause we're not hanging out :wink:

on my way, lover ;)

Can't wait.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options

I beg to differ. . It depends on where you meet a guy at. .. If you go to a bar looking to meet someone or to some singles site. . you are going to find a much different crowd than if for instance you meet a guy in a church social group.. . .

However, meeting a guy in church doesn't automatically mean that he's going to be Mr. Perfect, nor does meeting a guy in a club necessarily mean that he's going after just one thing. I've known plenty of abusive a-holes that go to church every Sunday. My son's father and I met out dancing...now, we're not together any longer (together for 8 years, married for 4) but that's due to issues brought on his work as a law enforcement officer, not the fact that we met in a club.

With regards to your generalization about dating sites...same thing...I have several friends that have been in long-term relationships, many that have gone on to marry men that they've met from Match.com, eharmony, etc.

To the OP: There are good guys and douchecanoes everywhere. Learn to spot which is which, put on a bright smile for the ones that are the ones worth smiling for, and got for it!

No kidding. . My brother met his wife on eharmony. . . My point was this and I stated it. . That you can find good and bad people anywhere you go. . . and no matter where you meet someone be selective. . take your time. . . I was in no way saying that you couldn't meet mr or mrs wonderful on a dating site. . . No matter where you are you have to be careful who you meet. . and take time in getting to know the person. .
  • maryannloomis
    Options
    When I made the decision to put valuable things into my spirit, I found that valuable was what I am, and you are too. You're GOLD baby! Don't settle for shallow when you can have the deeper intimacy of a REAL man who understands that you were made to mirror heaven on earth. You are an earthen house filled with precious and valuable assets. Don't forget it!
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Bars aren't the place to pick up a relationship. Bars are there for picking up booty. That's why guys go to the slutty girls there - because they seem more likely to put out.

I'm a fan of internet dating. If you're looking for a relationship, give something like Match.com or eHarmony a shot. It seems weird at first when you realize that you're developing feelings for someone that you may not have met in person, but it's worth it imo.

i know that bars/parties arent the only place but it only seems that its the only time that I talk to guys because I work in a store where its a store for woman.
    i dunno how I feel about online dating....its the whole like Id feel too old if I did it and cant do it on my own
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

I'm a fan of internet dating. If you're looking for a relationship, give something like Match.com or eHarmony a shot. It seems weird at first when you realize that you're developing feelings for someone that you may not have met in person, but it's worth it imo.

i know that bars/parties arent the only place but it only seems that its the only time that I talk to guys because I work in a store where its a store for woman.
    i dunno how I feel about online dating....its the whole like Id feel too old if I did it and cant do it on my own

A good portion of relationships nowdays are formed online. I met my significant other online.

No shame in it, it's a new day.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    ok - i'm gonna break this down as i see it.

1- weight is not the issue. i just started, i have nearly 200lbs to lose and i DO get hit on. i don't dress slutty. i'm usually in jeans and cowboy boots. but i walk with my head up, i have my hair and makeup done. i make eye contact. i actively listen. (that's mostly b/c i'm not good at conversation, honestly) i don't have my boobs or my butt hanging out.

2 - anthropologically speaking, YES we do - ALL OF US - have first attraction from looks. each of us, with our own unique genetic background, are attracted to different things. it's a lizard brain thing. i'm sure that there are studies that could tell you why some like tall and some like short and why some like heavy and some like lean... but at the end of the day, it's personal.

3 - ppl who display for a quick hook up are going to get it. that's all there is to it. they might not get breakfast, but they will get what they're dressed to advertise. if that's what you want, display like a peacock a little.

4 - but if that is NOT what you want, if what you want is a long term thing with someone who will be a partner to you - well that's not going to be easy to find. do what you like to do, and go places where ppl who have those hobbies congregate. do you like to garden? spend some more time at the garden center - re-do your yard in your head a lot and be willing to talk to someone, be friendly, make conversation, smile and flirt. if you like cooking, go to the kitchen store. talk to ppl EVERYWHERE. you need to have something in common second - remember, that look was first - and even third. b/c the more hobbies you have in common, the better you'll communicate as a couple.

5 - flirting only happens with practice. if you suck, you actually have to do it MORE. i'm sorry about that, but it's true.

6 - stay away from bars and clubs, unless you're only going for flirting practice.

and finally

7 - GOOD LUCK b/c it sucks for EVERYONE.
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options

Old? You're 22.
    A good portion of relationships nowdays are formed online. I met my significant other online.

No shame in it, it's a new day.

^ this. I'm not trying to convince you to do it. But it IS a viable option if you just open yourself up to it.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    ok - i'm gonna break this down as i see it.

1- weight is not the issue. i just started, i have nearly 200lbs to lose and i DO get hit on. i don't dress slutty. i'm usually in jeans and cowboy boots. but i walk with my head up, i have my hair and makeup done. i make eye contact. i actively listen. (that's mostly b/c i'm not good at conversation, honestly) i don't have my boobs or my butt hanging out.

2 - anthropologically speaking, YES we do - ALL OF US - have first attraction from looks. each of us, with our own unique genetic background, are attracted to different things. it's a lizard brain thing. i'm sure that there are studies that could tell you why some like tall and some like short and why some like heavy and some like lean... but at the end of the day, it's personal.

3 - ppl who display for a quick hook up are going to get it. that's all there is to it. they might not get breakfast, but they will get what they're dressed to advertise. if that's what you want, display like a peacock a little.

4 - but if that is NOT what you want, if what you want is a long term thing with someone who will be a partner to you - well that's not going to be easy to find. do what you like to do, and go places where ppl who have those hobbies congregate. do you like to garden? spend some more time at the garden center - re-do your yard in your head a lot and be willing to talk to someone, be friendly, make conversation, smile and flirt. if you like cooking, go to the kitchen store. talk to ppl EVERYWHERE. you need to have something in common second - remember, that look was first - and even third. b/c the more hobbies you have in common, the better you'll communicate as a couple.

5 - flirting only happens with practice. if you suck, you actually have to do it MORE. i'm sorry about that, but it's true.

6 - stay away from bars and clubs, unless you're only going for flirting practice.

and finally

7 - GOOD LUCK b/c it sucks for EVERYONE.

Now this is the best post here. . Love everything that you had to say. . . and spot on!
  • sal0118
    Options
    I was 33 when I got married. During my single years, I was 8 pounds over weight and I dated a lot. I enjoyed meeting other singles in a variety of settings. I did find that the more meaningful ones I met in a singles groups or answering adds in our newspaper geared toward the city life/singles. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the bars. However, I felt like I got to know someone much better through conversation.
  • Kohadre
    Kohadre Posts: 316
    Options
    NO!! Us guys are ALL just raging horny monsters targeting all the slutty skinny girls in the world!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Speak for yourself,

A woman's appeance to me is insignificant compared to her personality. I've only ever had negative experiences dating skinny girls because so many of them are ******* stuck up *******.
  • FuxsinEllie
    Options
    Real dudes care about what is inside not what is outside. You just need to decide if you want a real dude or a lame cheap a** fake one.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I've met a few girls through online dating sites.
    I talk to most of them online, and even give exercise/nutrition advice to lots of em
    I acually meetup with like 2% of them. (like 3 girls ever) cause they're not really into everything I am.

And I've also been messaged by couples..dudes...you name it.

The couples: I had to enquire. The one both had profiles (the man and woman had one each) and they allow eachother to go out, on dates, and do whatever they want. Meanwhile the other knows full-well and approves of the dates/profiles of the people they meet. She invited me over 'after her kids went to sleep'...i said 'where would your husband be?'....'at home'.

I was simply asking, cause I'm curious. I'm not even from the city, I'm from a super-small town of 7,000ppl. Super-innocent...but i like to know things.

The 'discreet' mans profile said he just wanted to meet friends. I had to tell him the things he was proposing weren' t the kind of things friends would do.

:huh:

Entertaining though.
  • Iamfit4life
    Options
    NO!! Us guys are ALL just raging horny monsters targeting all the slutty skinny girls in the world!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Speak for yourself,

A woman's appeance to me is insignificant compared to her personality. I've only ever had negative experiences dating skinny girls because so many of them are ******* stuck up *******.

And people say that people don't hate or discriminate on thin people/women.
  • ama2414
    Options
    Finding this too! I'm overweight, but I take care of myself, come from an excellent family, am a normal person, good job, good friends, funny, and easy going....I don't get it. I guess I'll have to keep working on me, and whatever happens will happen...good luck!
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I talk to most of them online, and even give exercise/nutrition advice to lots of em
    I acually meetup with like 2% of them. (like 3 girls ever) cause they're not really into everything I am.

for me, ive never tried it but its the whole thought of not knowing someone and just being online pals and then meeting them...i know scams dont happen ALL the time but still kinda eery
  • Iamfit4life
    Options

for me, ive never tried it but its the whole thought of not knowing someone and just being online pals and then meeting them...i know scams dont happen ALL the time but still kinda eery

Scams happen just as easy as some dood you met in a bar can lie.
    GIve it a chance. Make sure it's a reputable website.
  • bhagavatilad1
    Options
    not true at all I'm 44 and I can have any guy I want confidence is key today I drove to the recycling place and the guy was hitting on me there he was showing me his shoulder where he had an old injury then I went to donation center and the guys were flirting with me so they could have some of my food that I had prepared for my boss then to work where the security guy passes looks at me all the time (I know he gets nervous) he automatically just swings opens the gates without even asking me the code anymore and he's a real hotty military type. I'm very simple and I wear jeans all the time. Lately I've started wearing my wedding ring again just because I don't want guys to make passes at me when my kids are with me. I even hit it off with the brake check guy he totally confided in me about his divorce and how he had two little girls and he helps people and even his X-wife I could have pursued him. naa too young!
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options

Meet them somewhere public, its not that hard.

I usually chat with them for a week or two, get a phone number, or facebook, at which point its pretty safe.

i dont' just randomly talk to someone one night then visit them......that'd just be scandalous!