Replies

• MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I have an exoskeleton...Errr I mean Im an Extrovert
  • nosugarcoating
    nosugarcoating Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't need to take a test to know I'm an introvert but I did take the Myers Briggs test a few years ago, and it told me I was an introvert.

I just took the test again just now and went from being an INFP to INFJ. Funny that it says INFJ often end up in writing jobs (that's what I do! :D).

You are:
    very expressed introvert
    slightly expressed intuitive personality
    moderately expressed feeling personality
    slightly expressed judging personality
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    ISTJ

You are:
    very expressed introvert
    moderately expressed sensing personality
    distinctively expressed thinking personality
    slightly expressed judging personality

No surprise there....I'm nowhere near a people person.
  • Andythefitfamilyman
    Options
    neither im a Pervert :smokin:
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    neither im a Pervert :smokin:

Lol Andy, you are a funny pervert!
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    According to myers briggs :introvert
    According to me :both
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'm extremely introverted. And I rarely share personal information with people, which is why I find it hard to talk to strangers.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I took a test for curiosity's sake and I got INTJ

You are:
    very expressed introvert
    moderately expressed intuitive personality
    very expressed thinking personality
    moderately expressed judging personality
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Insecure extrovert. Perhaps the cruelest curse.
    I am totally energized by spending time with friends, going out, etc. and crave it. I'm also a verbal processor. But small talk with a stranger is grueling to me. In fact, I might seem standoffish to some. I am very uncomfortable with strangers unless I'm in some formal role, like interviewing them or in a meeting or something. I'm getting better at forcing myself to engage in casual settings as I get older, but it doesn't change the fact that I'm miserable inside at first.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I'm borederline introvert/extrovert My husband is an extrovert and has helped me come out of my shell a lot but there are still times when I get totally exhausted from being around people. For example, last weekend we were helping our neighbors out with a construction project and there were 20-30 people there. I had a ton of fun on Saturday but by Sunday I just wanted to go home and curl up with a book and have some alone time.
  • squishysangel
    squishysangel Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered I've changed from an extrovert to an introvert. I took the meyers-briggs test in college, and then I was extroverted. Now, through life experiences and other factors, I've become introverted.

I do not think this is a bad thing, but it just interested me that it can change over time.

So, enlighten me... are you Extroverted or Introverted?

Same thing happened to me...I am now Very Introverted.
  • LAdani
    LAdani Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    SUPER introverted

However, I can be extroverted when I need to be (there is a lot of networking in my industry), it's just exhausting and really makes me feel drained.
  • FuxsinEllie
    Options
    Introvert...the briggs meyer test said a while back that i was an ISFJ
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Total and complete introvert.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I used to be a complete introvert from when I was around 9-14. When I was 15-18, I became an extrovert. From 19-21, I went back to introvert. I am probably going back to extrovert again soon. ^^

I agree life experiences can change this. I was an introvert as a kid because I didn't have cable for a long time so couldn't relate. I also had horrible teeth and acne so was made fun of frequently ^^

I got braces in 6th grade, and in 9th grade they were off, but I was still a bit shy and insecure. I then studied abroad and became much happier and more outgoing ^^. When I returned to the United States, I stayed this way.

When I was 18, I met a guy who ended up abusive. He was very sly and manipulative, so I didn't realize what happened until I felt stuck. He always had an excuse for his behavior, but it took 1.5 years to realize this (I thought everything was genuine despite the constant lies/disappointments). It took another 6 months to accept he was a compulsive liar, among other things. It then took another 6 months to break up with him (find my own place, make him hate me etc). The relationship made me extremely depressed and I reverted to a complete introvert.

Now that I am finally moving on, and leaving the country once again, I am planning on becoming an extrovert once again as well. Life seemed much more fulfilling this way...^^
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    :wink: Gee, you would never be able to guess from my # of posts, but yeah, introvert.

I took the test in my 20's (over 20 yrs ago) and was an extrovert scoring 16/20.

At the time, I also read a book called Type Talk. I recall reading that as you age, your less dominant personality preferences become more dominant as you age.

My Sensor Judger is less and my intuitive Perceiver has increased, thus time management is a joke for me in these years.
    Interesting, might pick up that book as I'd never heard that before. "Type Talk" Thanks:drinker: