h7cjlin43d8j.jpeg
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,592 Member
    Options
    l0nj0sc2ckya.jpeg
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Gerge Worshington hangin' with Jackie OH!

MABOSmoba_prov08_720x960.jpg
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,473 Member
    Options
    pett9ukfroal.jpeg
    (Courtesy AI. Scary, isn’t it?)
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    mw8iwom734sf.jpeg

Nancy Glazier
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    4fqp0bs7h5a3.jpeg

Erwin E Smith
  • litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,049 Member
    Options
    hvlaynywr4kh.jpeg
  • springlering62
    Options
    @litha_

We saw The Rossettis exhibition a couple of weeks ago. Man, seen en masse, Gabriel’s work was repetitive and boring.

Saw the Frederic, Lord Leighton, exhibition before the pandemic. No such problem. Superb!
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    sfosutvpq2sw.jpeg

rdbd18e0ymcy.jpeg

Amy Grimes
  • litha_
    Options
    @springlering62 - Was that at The Tate Britain or a different museum? Your comment made me think of a Magritte exhibition I saw in 2018. I had the opposite experience. The museum showed 6 huge oil paintings titled “The Dominion of Light” and were very similar works but it was awesome seeing them in a room together. Magritte did some smaller paintings on glass bottles which I really loved. I guess it’s when materials were tough to come by during war. I’m planning on going to see an exhibition soon by Takashi Murakami. Not sure if it’s your cup of tea, but I’ll post some photos when I do. :)

• springlering62
    edited September 2023
    Options
    litha_ wrote: »
    @springlering62 - Was that at The Tate Britain or a different museum? Your comment made me think of a Magritte exhibition I saw in 2018. I had the opposite experience. The museum showed 6 huge oil paintings titled “The Dominion of Light” and were very similar works but it was awesome seeing them in a room together. Magritte did some smaller paintings on glass bottles which I really loved. I guess it’s when materials were tough to come by during war. I’m planning on going to see an exhibition soon by Takashi Murakami. Not sure if it’s your cup of tea, but I’ll post some photos when I do. :)

Tate Britain.

Also went to the two Kusama installations at the Tate Modern. The Chandelier of Grief was a little underwhelming, but loved the other one. (Forget the name). I could have stayed in that one all day. It was like being inside a glitter-filled snow globe. Very satisfying!

There was also a free installation next to Tottenham Court Station in the NOW Building, called Outermost Spaces that was surprisingly good. It was huge, with two different “rooms”, walls and ceiling covered in massive digital screens. We enjoyed that one, too, especially the cascading emojis and the kaleidoscope-ish one. It was so mesmerizing that everyone stopped in their tracks coming out of the tube behaved quite well.

They rotated several different pieces of digital art.

e5zg66zdw6xg.jpeg
    e0vq43ultyii.jpeg
  • litha_
    Options
    @springlering62 - Very cool. Thanks for sharing the photos. Yayoi Kusama is interesting. I like her installation of Infinity Mirrors and her background story and why she pursued art. Also, the Tate Modern is a place that never gets boring to me. If I can find some photos of some of the installations I took from there, I will post for you. The Saatchi Gallery is really interesting to roam around if you haven’t already.

I like the photo with the little ghosts and emojis.
  • springlering62
    Options
    litha_ wrote: »
    @springlering62 - Very cool. Thanks for sharing the photos. Yayoi Kusama is interesting. I like her installation of Infinity Mirrors and her background story and why she pursued art. Also, the Tate Modern is a place that never gets boring to me. If I can find some photos of some of the installations I took from there, I will post for you. The Saatchi Gallery is really interesting to roam around if you haven’t already.

I like the photo with the little ghosts and emojis.

The emoji one was cool. It had a 3d effect, like you were being showered with all the emoji from really high up. It was very effective and made you feel a little like you were in an amusement park ride.

The flamingoes were part of a kaleidoscope one that was turning and going in and out of focus in every direction including the ceiling.

The whole time, people are coming out of the Underground and being sucked into this brilliantly colorful open air installation. Those who couldn’t stop looked longingly like they wanted to.

I thought Kusama is amazing. She took what most would see as a shortcoming and instead turned it on its head into something original and creative. The biographical photos were interesting. She just did what she wanted to do. How many people can say they did that in their life, and not even dealing with what she has? And she’s almost 100?!!! I caught myself wondering, maybe we’re the ones who need help.
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    prltn2yvm5xf.jpeg

Duilio Barnabe
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    ybduzxly6tyb.jpeg

Calman Shemi
  • honey_honey_12