Options
2»

Replies

• paints5555
    paints5555 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    sollyn23l2 wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I'll be frank: I'm just skeptical that there's a persuasive science-based health/nutrition basis for doing so

Best wishes, sincerely!

While I totally agree with you that there's no reason to cut meat out entirely, processed meat is a class 1 carcinogen. Class 1 means there is undeniable, incontrevertible evidence that it causes cancer. Colorectal cancer, specifically. Red meat is only a probable carcinogen, so the evidence isn't as strong.

If we are talking classes of carcinogens, then don't forget alcoholic beverages. They are a class 1 carcinogen as well.

Moderation is key.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    paints5555 wrote: »
    sollyn23l2 wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I'll be frank: I'm just skeptical that there's a persuasive science-based health/nutrition basis for doing so

Best wishes, sincerely!

While I totally agree with you that there's no reason to cut meat out entirely, processed meat is a class 1 carcinogen. Class 1 means there is undeniable, incontrevertible evidence that it causes cancer. Colorectal cancer, specifically. Red meat is only a probable carcinogen, so the evidence isn't as strong.

If we are talking classes of carcinogens, then don't forget alcoholic beverages. They are a class 1 carcinogen as well.

Moderation is key.
    I don't drink at all so this isn't a concern.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png